Rivals Top 20 Shooting Guards, Lamb No. 1 | The Boneyard

Rivals Top 20 Shooting Guards, Lamb No. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We can hope that they are right. I would not have ranked him higher then 10 just so we can stay very comfortably in the DOOMED range.

Reaction Score
I think he most certainly has the potential to be #1. As good as he was down the stretch last year, word is he's improved leaps and bounds over the summer. And from what I personally saw of him at the Pro-Am, those sentiments are true. He'll have to deal with more stringent defenses as he'll be the focus of the offense instead of Kemba, but he'll also get more shots. I think he averages right around 20 PPG this year.

Reaction Score
I have no problem with JL @ #1. He has the gifts, tools and the ring. Good job by Rivals. Orlando Johnson & Will Barton should both be top 5 after a quick perusal. JMHO

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
I personally think Rivers has better upside than Lamb. I also think Gibbs is a better shooter.

Reaction Score
Rivers has a better upside, but hasn't played a single minute.

Reaction Score
I don't think Rivers is supposed to be a high upside player

Reaction Score
I hate to see a kid who has yet to pull on a varsity uniform in college get all of this attention and high praise, but I must say he has a pretty good petigree, and his pre-college stats do suggest some star-quality does seem to exist in thee boy's body.

Real question is whether Rivers can hug and/or flop in the wonderful Dook tradition. Coach Kzzzzzzzzxxxxyx has undoubtedly schooled him well before the games commence.

Reaction Score
Denmon & Rivers out of the top 5. Rivers in @ #6. Add Burton and Johnson. Keep Jenkins and Gibbs.

1. Lamb
2. Jenkins
3. Gibbs
4. Johnson
5. Burton

6. Rivers

JMHO of course...

Reaction Score
I personally think Rivers has better upside than Lamb. I also think Gibbs is a better shooter.

J Lamb's combination of length and athleticism + his steady improvement over the last couple years as a high schooler and now college signals a higher upside imo. Rivers is nice, but he's had that game since he was like 16, Lamb is just scratching the surface in his abilities.

Reaction Score
Personally I think Jenkins should be higher than a player who has yet to play a single minute of college basketball. Jenkins has crazy range, great player who is surprisingly underrated.

Reaction Score
I think it would be hard to say Rivers has a higher upside than Lamb right now. As aceboon alluded to, Rivers seems to have less room for improvement. He might be the most well rounded offensive player to come out of high school in quite some time, but I don't see him getting a lot better. That's not to say that he won't beone of the best players in the nation next year, but as far as NBA stock is concerned, I think Lamb's is a bit higher.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I think it would be hard to say Rivers has a higher upside than Lamb right now. As aceboon alluded to, Rivers seems to have less room for improvement. He might be the most well rounded offensive player to come out of high school in quite some time, but I don't see him getting a lot better. That's not to say that he won't beone of the best players in the nation next year, but as far as NBA stock is concerned, I think Lamb's is a bit higher.
Not to mention that I think the rankings are based on how they will do and what they will contribute this year, not as NBA players....

Reaction Score
Rivers has a better upside, but hasn't played a single minute.

By what measure does Rivers have better upside? He's undersized for the position, not particularly explosive, and plays with one hand. I think he's going to be a pretty effective scorer in college, but where does the upside come from? Lamb is all upside. The kid's not even scratching the surface of what he can be.

Reaction Score
By what measure does Rivers have better upside? He's undersized for the position, not particularly explosive, and plays with one hand. I think he's going to be a pretty effective scorer in college, but where does the upside come from? Lamb is all upside. The kid's not even scratching the surface of what he can be.
People who don't know the game just like to conclude "PLAYER A IS YOUNGER THAN PLAYER B SO THEREFORE HE MUST HAVE MORE UPSIDE"

Reaction Score
In order for Rivers to become great pro in the next level he'll have to develop his PG skills like S. Curry has done in Golden State

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I have problems rating any freshmen in the Top 5 or for that matter Top 10 before playing a game in College. Rank the players based on what they have accomplished not what you think they may accomplish. Have a separate ranking for freshmen to be based on what you think they will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom