Rivals old and new: Creighton will be a distant, but dangerous opponent for UConn men | The Boneyard

Rivals old and new: Creighton will be a distant, but dangerous opponent for UConn men

Reaction Score
Dom Amore of the Courant is doing a preview of each team in the Big East. Creighton is up first.

“I grew up with the old Big East back in the 80s,” McDermott said, “and it was a very physical, smash-mouth league. It’s really developed into very up-tempo, quick-paced league with a very high level of skill across the board. There are outstanding coaches, great basketball venues and you really have 10, now 11 schools strong committed to the success of college basketball on their campuses. It’s been fun to be part of a basketball-centric conference and UConn will only add to that. … I’ve heard the stories about UConn and what their fan base is going to add to the environment in the Garden, and we’re all anxiously waiting for that and excited about it.”

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Distant as in the distant future. They will get the death penalty along with Oklahoma State. NCAA needs one more weak patsy to make an example of allowing them to just give a warning to the others schools in the FBI investigation who are their bread and butter.

Reaction Score
Dom Amore of the Courant is doing a preview of each team in the Big East. Creighton is up first.

“I grew up with the old Big East back in the 80s,” McDermott said, “and it was a very physical, smash-mouth league. It’s really developed into very up-tempo, quick-paced league with a very high level of skill across the board. There are outstanding coaches, great basketball venues and you really have 10, now 11 schools strong committed to the success of college basketball on their campuses. It’s been fun to be part of a basketball-centric conference and UConn will only add to that. … I’ve heard the stories about UConn and what their fan base is going to add to the environment in the Garden, and we’re all anxiously waiting for that and excited about it.”

I was going to try and put this up, but you beat me to it.

Hartford Courant.com, click on this article, and then Copy
Have my Boneyard box ready, and then Paste
Does this sound right?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Wade, Miller, Self, McDermott......strange indeed.

They need somebody they can actually discipline, the proverbial sacrificial lamb

Anyone know of any school that self-reported failing APR scores in the last decade

I know the bureaucrats think it's their policies that suddenly increased actually grades, when all they've really done is guarantee schools will NOT report poor grades, they'll just cheat. Too much money involved

Reaction Score
I was going to try and put this up, but you beat me to it.

Hartford Courant.com, click on this article, and then Copy
Have my Boneyard box ready, and then Paste
Does this sound right?
Yes, copy the URL (which is the long address of the article) and then paste in the Boneyard box. I want to see you do one before I congratulate you! :)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Can't believe UConn is relegated to playing teams in Nebraska. Might as well have stayed AAC and played in Tulsa.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Can't believe UConn is relegated to playing teams in Nebraska. Might as well have stayed AAC and played in Tulsa.
I can disagree while I agree ;)

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Creighton draws almost 17k fans a game no matter the opponent. Tulsa was lucky to draw 7k nightly and I can't imagine the crowd for a Tulsa/Tulane or Tulsa/ECU thriller...

Reaction Score
Chreigton got a good international recruit in Rati (last name will need two jerseys). Kid should be an exciting baller to see in opposing uniform, especially after 2 years. I don't normally look at opponents particularly recruits, but I'm bored.

Its nice to be in a league that recruits good players again.

Reaction Score
Creighton draws almost 17k fans a game no matter the opponent. Tulsa was lucky to draw 7k nightly and I can't imagine the crowd for a Tulsa/Tulane or Tulsa/ECU thriller...
I like Creighton. I have a soft spot for the tough little guy running with the big boys.

Reaction Score
Creighton the type of team 5 mins
I like Creighton. I have a soft spot for the tough little guy running with the big boys.
Yeah they run with the big boys, they start hitting shots in the first 5 mins of the game, good luck.

Reaction Score
This has to be sarcasm.

Consider Creighton a 1:1 swap for Wichita State. Then consider the rest of the conference.

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
What's the problem. that's a pretty solid take IMHO
It is a good take. Omaha's the better city, and CU has been more consistently good than Wichita has, but Wichita has been ranked #1, and has gone to a Final Four, CU hasn't. Sounds like a wash to me.

Reaction Score
As @PChoops stated, it's all fun and cute until you play @ CU in front of 17,000 fans on $1 beer night! Ballock comes out and splashes 3 3's before Hurley can even slap the floor. The final score looks like 95-72 and you wonder if anyone can win in Omaha. Real cute. Now if only they could win in March... sadly this past years team had second weekend written all over them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom