Rituals and Superstitions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rituals and Superstitions

Reaction Score
I have so many it’s embarrassing
But I will share one
I never wear any UConn gear on game day
That goes back to the 2000 NCAA game vs Tenn.
I watched that game in Nashville Airport wearing my 1999 National Championship sweatshirt
Before you scoff at the negative mojo . I lost track of the day of the game and accidentally wore a UConn Hoodie the day of the Seton Hzll loss . The guilt still haunts me.

Reaction Score
Need to wear same color jersey as the team. I even have the special edition Caron black jersey Nike released circa 2003 for when they wear the black road alternates. When attending games, park in the same spot and same pregame meal.

Reaction Score
I was in person for the elite 8 through championship in '14 and did not watch a single free throw. I would look away and listen for the crowd. We made a lot of those. I've tried this again more recently and it is no longer effective.
And here I thought you were staring at me all those times in Dallas.
Always the bridesmaid I suppose…

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I don't do superstitions. I watch, even if we're missing shots and the opposition is on a roll. I'm always a few seconds behind the streamers in the chat, and I don't care that my observations are a step late. I wear UConn gear sometimes. Sometimes I don't. I have several locations to watch the game - one is not better than any other. And food could be anything at any time. I didn't attend UConn - my mother did. So y'alls can blame me if things go south.

james bond deal with it GIF

I've got a brother-in-law who is a huge Bills fan. He banned my other B-I-L from his home during Bills games due to a lead that turned into a loss after the other B-I-L showed up. I showed up one time when the Bills were getting pummeled and they turned it around in the second half and won, so I'm allowed. He has an enormous number of superstitions, including that his wife has to go to Whole Foods on game day and get 3 people to say "go Bills!"

And remember, "the handkerchief is working!!";)

Reaction Score
One ritual I absolutely cannot stand is our fans holding out their arms and wiggling their fingers while we shoot FTs.

Extra level of hell when I’m watching it at someone’s house or a bar and some Karen still does it there.

Reaction Score
Every time I've had a ritual, eventually it doesn't work out, so I've given up on them. Just try and have fun with it all :)

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
My schtick is much better when the refs can hear me. My wife doesn't like me screaming at the TV

She still doesn't get me (and I never changed) :cool:

Reaction Score
If anyone feels like their superstitions were really the difference between a win and a loss tonight, I would love to hear the argument.

Reaction Score
I bought an awesome UConn necktie just before the March Madness Tournament last year. I wore it before every game; we know what happened there.

Shall I wear it at the start of the BE tournament or wait for the Big Dance?

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I knew this would be the outcome so I used it accordingly and got the loss mojo off one of jerseys in the rotation.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I bought an awesome UConn necktie just before the March Madness Tournament last year. I wore it before every game; we know what happened there.

Yes

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I live in Fl. I eat Pizza every game. I’m really sick of pizza at the moment (especially cause this started with being lazy and getting Pizza Hut & I felt like I had to stick with it. I hate Pizza Hut) also, Pizza around me in general sucks

Wear the same jersey and hat every game.

Refuse to do the Big Red chant in game (which can be hard around family who love to do it and try and get me to join in)

Overall, UConn basketball has strained family relationships, while being detrimental to my overall health & hygiene
Never waste calories on pizza outside of the tri-state.

Reaction Score
Until my wife got the UConn bug also, I would post the schedule on the fridge and tell her, "I am not available these dates and times". She was really good about it, now she reminds me of game day.
And I am of the faith that it's all in the shirt. Wear it till a loss, the one now is a little ripe!
Hope I don't have to wash it till April.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score

Big dance.

Reaction Score
I’m pretty sure if enough fans do snow angels in their birthday suit before the game we win by 20.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom