RIP- UMBear | The Boneyard

RIP- UMBear

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
It's a sad day.

With a very heavy heart I let the Yard know that UMBear passed away this week.

He was 50 years old and taken away from us way too soon. He was more than a friend to me, he was a Brother.

Dave played Football at U Maine but couldn't have blood more UCONN blue if he tried.

I will never step foot in The Rent without thinking of him.

An amazing Father, Son, Brother, Uncle and friend.

Dave.jpg

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Very sad news. I remember him from earlier incarnations of this board but hadn't seen him post for quite a few years. Fifty is far too young to go, my condolences to his family and friends.

May he rest in peace.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
It's a sad day.

With a very heavy heart I let the Yard know that UMBear passed away this week.

He was 50 years old and taken away from us way too soon. He was more than a friend to me, he was a Brother.

Dave played Football at U Maine but couldn't have blood more UCONN blue if he tried.

I will never step foot in The Rent without thinking of him.

An amazing Father, Son, Brother, Uncle and friend.

View attachment 17523
Sorry for your loss. God Bless

Reaction Score
RIP. Boneyard Brother.

The game of Life goes fast and its worse still because we never know when time expires. Time matters immensely. Once it's spent it never can be recovered. It is the most costly of all things, yet is often the first to be spent to preserve and acquire less valuable things like money . It sounds like UM spent his life well as a good Family man and I hope there is great consolation in that.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I was very sorry to read about UM Bear's passing. He was one of my favorite posters back early 2000's when I first ventured into the UConn discussion board world. His posts about penetrating the UConn Football facilities security by simply dressing like the staff and carrying a clipboard were absolutely epic. A man who could project such a spirit through the internet must have been remarkable to know in person. I'm sorry I never had the chance to meet him. Prayers for his family and Godspeed to UM Bear.

Reaction Score
RIP. Remember him from when I first joined the 'YARD. He was the most vocal & passionate of us at the time. Condolences to his family.

Reaction Score
50 is way too soon, but the quality of life is so much more important than the quantity of life. RIP.

Reaction Score
RIP to UMBear and condolences to his family and friends

Reaction Score
Sorry to hear this. If there's anything we can do for the family please post. RIP Bear

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Awful. Seemed like a really good guy. That isn't always the case on these boards.

RIP.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
My favorite memory was taking UM Bear and UCONNBILL to a closed practice at the Rent years ago. Dave was entertaining and it was a great night. I hope he was able to live life to its fullest that last few years. RIP Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom