RIP Pudge | The Boneyard

RIP Pudge

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm sorry to let everyone know, but Boneyard legend Tim "Pudge" White has died. It was esophageal cancer and it came about quickly. It was just last November he was planning on coming to a FB game but had to postpone because he didn't feel well. He was still counting on coming to the Spring Game. But when we visited him instead he didn't look well, and to make things worse, he lost his mother the next day. We met a a tailgate early on in UConn FB history and kept in touch. I'm going to miss him terribly and so will the Yard I think. He was one of the originals.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
I only know most of you by your avatars. His was iconic summing up UConn football! RIP

364.jpg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Ouch. Sorry to hear that.

My family lost a long time friend several weeks ago to the same big C. Had it a couple of years ago and the docs thought they nailed it but it came back.

Reaction Score
I’m very sorry to hear this news. Pudge was always a poster I wanted to read! He was usually quite insightful with his perspective and always unique! His depth of knowledge, especially regarding Jim Mora and his UCLA history, was always interesting to read. Waquoit, thanks for letting us know and sorry for your loss! Pudge will certainly be missed.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Waquoit,

Thank you for posting this. I responded on the men's hoops forum but this one is more fitting.

He was a good man. May he rest in peace.
And my thanks to whoever cross posted this. I know he was more of a FB guy but he was on the Yard at the start, when there was only the MBB board and I guess I still consider that the main board. I'm telling you, he was doing fine 7 months ago. Sucks.

Reaction Score
Terrible news. Great Huskies supporter and a very early adapter to UConn football. Met him in the first days of Randy Edsall 1.0, when as Pudge liked to say, "We were in trailers." Condolences to his family and friends. RIP Pudge.

Reaction Score
I am stunned. Met Pudge & Waquoit early in UConn's Rentschler Field era. Pudge's depth of knowledge on college football was impeccable. When he was present, he was always a welcome addition to our tailgate or post game rehashes of the day's game. But what I will remember most about him was how proud he was of his daughter. Our thoughts & prayers go out to his family.

Reaction Score
Shocked and saddened to hear that. Became friendly with him on the Boneyard in the early days of the Rent, and hung out with him in Toronto the night before the bowl victory against Buffalo. Had dinner that night with him and Waquoit in Toronto. Tim showed good judgment much of the time, but thinking that using me as a wingman that night would help him may not have been his best moment.

May he rest in peace and his family has my prayers. I’ve lost a number of friends to esophageal cancer. It’s an awful form of the disease

Last edited:

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
And my thanks to whoever cross posted this. I know he was more of a FB guy but he was on the Yard at the start, when there was only the MBB board and I guess I still consider that the main board. I'm telling you, he was doing fine 7 months ago. Sucks.
Very sorry to hear this. EC sucks due to all the internal organs it can and does spread to very fast. 5% survival rate overall. Dad also lost his battle to it 7 months after diagnosis at age 66, less than one year after retiring. Thought it was just some persistent indigestion and acid reflux and waited too long to see his doc. For anyone who has those kinds of recurring symptoms please do not wait to see your doc!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm rather stunned. I sort of feel like this is the one place where every voice will be here until for an eternity. And that voices only disappear when they have moved on from UConn fandom or have just moved on from the need to banter with mostly strangers about UConn fandom. Pudge was one of the friendlier voices on this board, often making a point to reach out to the newer voices. He had passion and he had plenty of faith. He was a silver linings type of guy for sure. He had some interesting insights from his experiences in business and higher education in the northeast and Canada that he enjoyed sharing when he could. He has a voice/style that sort of stood out on here.

UConn, particularly UConn football, has lost a true super fan today. Few cared as much as he did. Few believed in the UConn brand as strongly as Pudge too. RIP Pudge.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Best wishes to Pudge and his family. I am sorry to hear of his passing :(. I always found his posts to be insightful, especially about university and athletic department operations and such.

@ Pudge - you left us too, soon. Rest in peace up in heaven and while you are at it emit some positive spirits towards the UConn sports teams;)

Reaction Score
My condolences to his family and friends during this difficult time. He’s in a far better place now where the sun is always shining, the beer is always cold, and the home team always scores the game winning TD.

Reaction Score
So sorry to see this yesterday. May he rest in peace. The man loved UConn sports. Sad to read on the BY, of posters passing away over the years. Makes you think of the handles you stop seeing over time, who may have passed but have no other connection to the BY outside of the forums.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom