RIP Prince Philip, 99 yrs old | Page 3 | The Boneyard

RIP Prince Philip, 99 yrs old

Reaction Score
British Royalty exists to remind Americans that we don't have a King.

Reaction Score
Why do you care?

Basically, I think it’s because Amazon Prime needs those Crown shows.

I'm just trying to figure out if I should have my normal level of disdain for billionaire families, or more of an advocating for the guillotine level of disdain since they're royalty.

Reaction Score
Why do Americans care about British royalty? And why do the British even have royalty?
They are basically celebrities, not royalty anymore. I watched the first few seasons of the crown and it gives you a pretty good look at the lifestyle where everyone's rich and finding ways to be miserable. At least when Philip was younger he would go out drinking, chasing tail and learned to fly.
The average American has their version of royalty. How else do you explain this long-running horror show

1617995515281.png

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I respect the queen but I feel nothing for Prince Charles. No one wants him to be king. Not even him I think.
You mean the gutless guy that foreign countries and wives can trample on. The USA has had a few of those leaders. Philip backed down to very few. The boozing and cigarettes notwithstanding couldn’t kill the guy until 99 years old. Didn’t he have open heart surgery recently. RIP

Reaction Score
Why do Americans care about British royalty? And why do the British even have royalty?
America is filled with Anglophiles. Why are all our movies filled with British actors using Brooklyn and Southern accents? Why do some Americans pretend to have British accents?

Reaction Score
I mean I wasn't intending to be snarky about it. I genuinely don't know why people care. I couldn't tell you about a single person in the royal family except for the queen. If they walked by me on the street I wouldn't know who they are.

I know the queen has some nominal role in their government as a figurehead. But what does the rest of the family do? Sit on their butts and be rich? I could get on board with that life.
They’re an evil racist family who’s had its hands in so much tragedy and injustice in the world. It baffles me that this level of evil is celebrated.

Reaction Score
They’re an evil racist family who’s had its hands in so much tragedy and injustice in the world. It baffles me that this level of evil is celebrated.

The_Guillotine.jpg

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I suppose this opens things up on the Transfer Portal angle, but does the Queen want a dribbler or a shooter?
I would say a combo of both would be best in my best "voice of the queen"

Reaction Score
Nothing new, really.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it's weird that a Queen is married to a Prince. Maybe because he's Greek?
The royal families of Europe are pretty much related to each other by now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom