RIP Prince Philip, 99 yrs old | Page 2 | The Boneyard

RIP Prince Philip, 99 yrs old

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I never understood why the man who married the Queen didn't become King. I guess it's to keep the royal lineage through the bloodline.
Yeah, it's weird that a Queen is married to a Prince. Maybe because he's Greek?

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Just a matter of time until Harry and Meghan have a sit down interview with Oprah explaining how hard this in on both of them and that they wish the media would respect their privacy and leave them alone.
The media is actually spending more time than needed on whether or not Meghan attends the funeral.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He was portrayed in The Queen on the Netflix series, pretty well. Seemed like a level headed chap, especially in comparison to the many other lunatics in that family.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
He was portrayed in The Queen on the Netflix series, pretty well. Seemed like a level headed chap, especially in comparison to the many other lunatics in that family.
He seems to be everyone's guess for the family member who Harry and Meghan claim repeatedly expressed concern about the color of their expected child.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
God bless the queen Elizabeth as she mourns the loss of her of husband of 73 years.

I always liked him as he just did his own thing and was never in the spotlight nor wanted to be in it. May he rest in peace.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
He seems to be everyone's guess for the family member who Harry and Meghan claim repeatedly expressed concern about the color of their expected child.
I suppose this opens things up on the Transfer Portal angle, but does the Queen want a dribbler or a shooter?

Reaction Score
Interesting life that spans some serious history.?
He barely escaped Greece at one year old
When Greece lost their war with Turkey and his father was blamed for the defeat. His crib was an orange crate. on the Naval vessel.
He was a British officer serving on a battle ship and saw action in WWII. He had to give up his career when he married.
(He was present at the Japanese surrender in Tokyo harbor. )
He was a competitive Polo player into his forties and raced teams after that into seventies,
He was an expert shot , pilot, and competitive sailor .
I didn’t realize he was not The King and Queen mothers choice. As a titled but penniless royal. Of Danish, Hungarian,German , and Russian heritage*he was considered to German for their daughter.
post WW2. However he was his wife’s only choice and she got her way.
I remember him walking the entire route at Diana’s funeral and thinking does this guy ever age.

Reaction Score
Why do Americans care about British royalty? And why do the British even have royalty?
It's weird. Add on top of that they aren't good people, it makes even this thread cringe worthy

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
No emotions.

I visited Buckingham Castle in 2019 and was willing to negotiate the return of Massachusetts to the crown.

Did he come out to say hi? No.

Good riddance.
Again, don't shy away from announcing you're Fishy.

Reaction Score
It's weird. Add on top of that they aren't good people, it makes even this thread cringe worthy

I mean I wasn't intending to be snarky about it. I genuinely don't know why people care. I couldn't tell you about a single person in the royal family except for the queen. If they walked by me on the street I wouldn't know who they are.

I know the queen has some nominal role in their government as a figurehead. But what does the rest of the family do? Sit on their butts and be rich? I could get on board with that life.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I mean I wasn't intending to be snarky about it. I genuinely don't know why people care. I couldn't tell you about a single person in the royal family except for the queen. If they walked by me on the street I wouldn't know who they are.

I know the queen has some nominal role in their government as a figurehead. But what does the rest of the family do? Sit on their butts and be rich? I could get on board with that life.
They are basically celebrities, not royalty anymore. I watched the first few seasons of the crown and it gives you a pretty good look at the lifestyle where everyone's rich and finding ways to be miserable. At least when Philip was younger he would go out drinking, chasing tail and learned to fly.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Never heard of this man in my life.

Does the queen have to remarry in 30 days or the crown goes to her evil step-son? Do we get a romantic comedy out of this?

The queen is about 114 years old.

Who has two thumbs and not renting THAT VoD?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I don't believe it.

He told the president of Nigeria, who was dressed in a traditional robe, that the president looked he was "ready for bed."

OK, maybe I believe it.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I dunno, I think it's pretty interesting that this monarchy just exists in the context of contemporary Britain. It has no real purpose; it just is. It's like a diamond-encrusted vestigial limb.

I find the The Crown highly entertaining.

To each his own.

Reaction Score
Why do Americans care about British royalty? And why do the British even have royalty?
As someone who spent some time in the UK
My buddy in Birmingham had the best answer
“ You have Disneyworld as a tourist attraction
The Royals bring in millions if not billions in tourist “ Go to Buckingham Palace or any Royal site. Mobbed with tourists A wedding challenges the World Cup in viewership. The Romance of Princes and princesses is a never ending theme.
It’s real life make believe.
American’s are more fascinated by Royalty than mostly any other country especially women.
I never understood why the man who married the Queen didn't become King. I guess it's to keep the royal lineage through the bloodline.
The title King carries with it an authority not his to avoid confusion over who is reigning.
Yet a Kings wife is called Queen
As a Queen could be either a monarch or wife of a King . Or even mother of a monarch .
So you can have a King and Queen
But not a Queen and King
This is probably done to avoid usurping authority by consorts who were frequently foreign.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Why do you care?

Basically, I think it’s because Amazon Prime needs those Crown shows.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why do you care?

Basically, I think it’s because Amazon Prime needs those Crown shows.

I'd have been forced to care if you successfully sold Massachusetts back. Plus, living 2 miles from RI, the constant currency changes would be a bitch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom