RIP Marsiella Auriemma | The Boneyard

RIP Marsiella Auriemma

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
God bless her and the family.

I remember her getting angry with Geno because she felt he was being
mean to Svetlana...my sense is she loved all the players...uhh..Geno too.
May have the wrong game...but I think she sprinkled some holy water on the team as they
left the court at halftime of the 2000 championship game in Philly between UConn and
LadyVol....sure did no harm!

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
My deepest sympathy and condolences to Coach Geno Auriemma and his family!! Momma Auriemma will truly be missed!! May God give Coach Auriemma and his family strength and comfort them during this time of bereavement!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
For most parents, your sense of self and the most prominent source of joy in your life is intimately linked to your children. I am sure that was true for Marsiella Auriemma. She would have been incredibly proud of her son today. RIP to a wonderful woman.

Reaction Score
God bless her and the family.

I remember her getting angry with Geno because she felt he was being
mean to Svetlana...my sense is she loved all the players...uhh..Geno too.
May have the wrong game...but I think she sprinkled some holy water on the team as they
left the court at halftime of the 2000 championship game in Philly between UConn and
LadyVol....sure did no harm!

I remember that too- "don't you yell at Svetlana, she's here all by herself" or words to that effect.

May she rest in peace and my sympathies to Coach Auriemma & his family

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Too bad that ABC had a memorial for Brenda's family at halftime (I think it was her father, not sure), and didn't mention Geno's Mom. I'll give ABC the benefit of the doubt, that they didn't know Geno's Mom had passed, but still disappointed they didn't do their homework.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom