RIP Levon Helm | The Boneyard

RIP Levon Helm

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Now only two remain from The Band. I will miss Levon.

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

A classmate of mine did his wedding in NY.

The Band is one of my all time underrated bands.

Reaction Score
Yesterday, after hearing he was in his final hours, I had to go back and watch The Last Waltz again. Directed by Martin Scorsese it is still my favorite concert video. Levon, Rick and Richard, we miss you and thanks so much for the music.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
One of my fondest memories is of going to sleep on the field at Watkins Glen with the Band, the Dead, & the Allman Brothers all on stage just jamming away....

Just remember... The Night they Drove ol' Dixie Down Up on Cripple Creek Across the Great Divide, The Weight of Chest Fever brought Ophelia to Tears of Rage!

Your Ol Cripple Creek Boo

Reaction Score
Wow
My daughter has been lucky to see the Levon Helm band play in 2008 at The Gathering of the Vibes . She was only 5 years old but couldn't keep her eyes off the stage and was dancing. I remember her saying that she really liked the show. She has a love of music that transends all genres. From Kiss to Miley Cyrus. But she loves the "old stuff", her words. May his finally moments be peaceful and his family be at peace. His music will live on in the hearts of his fans

Reaction Score
One of my fondest memories is of going to sleep on the field at Watkins Glen with the Band, the Dead, & the Allman Brothers all on stage just jamming away....

Just remember... The Night they Drove ol' Dixie Down Up on Cripple Creek Across the Great Divide, The Weight of Chest Fever brought Ophelia to Tears of Rage!

I was there, but my memory of it isn't very clear. ;^)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

He's not quite gone yet, I don't think.

We were lucky enough to be at one of the rambles at his home/studio in Woodstock - really nice night.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The best. Period.

Reaction Score

Loved "THE BAND"! Watkins Glen is still one of my favorite concerts of all time!

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
You gotta respect a guy that other musicians appreciate -- Elton John's song Levon used the name Levon because The Band was Elton and Bernie's favorite band at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom