RIP Dwayne Pearl Washington | The Boneyard

RIP Dwayne Pearl Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Syracuse great Dwayne Pearl Washinton lost his battle with a brain tumor at age 52. I actually got to see him play in person for the NYC all-star team versus Long Island. He was MVP that night. A NYC playground legend. Much too young.

Reaction Score
The Big East Conference produced tons of charismatic stars. Pearl was among the early ones.

Reaction Score
Daddy,
The all-star game I saw at the Nassau Coliseum, Pearl's partner in the backcourt was Kenny Smith. Mark Jackson was there, too. I can't recall a trio of point guards in the same class like those 3 on one squad.

Reaction Score
I have seen all of the great high school NYC metro-area guards dating back to the late 50s which included [at that time] Larry Brown[Oceanside], Billy Lawrence[Molloy], Ivan Kovacs[Bayside?], Eddie Simmons[Boys] et al but the most electrifying [all-time] was definitely the Pearl. I have followed the girls too and the most excitng high school guard was Bianca Cuevas. Like the Pearl, when she started heading to the basket, everybody stood up!

Reaction Score
Rafael Addison, Rony Seikaly, Walter Berry ;)

Addison is there, neither of Seikaly or Berry (St Johns) are in the picture.

But to answer my own question Martin Clark shooting the FT, Hartford's Michael Adam's #23 for BC and #42 is Meriden's (Maloney HS Spartans ;)) Jay Murphy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom