RIP Curley Neal | The Boneyard

RIP Curley Neal

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I'm shocked that he's only a few years older than me. He was playing for the trotters my senior year in HS.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I'm shocked that he's only a few years older than me. He was playing for the trotters my senior year in HS.
Same here. Thought he was a lot older than that.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
RIP Curly. I'm surprised he was only 77. Hope Curly, Meadowlark and Marquis are making fools of other hoops stars up in heaven.

There was a time when you could make more $$ as a Globetrotter than as an NBA player.

Have no idea what the Washington Generals got paid though.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Seeing them live with Curly and Meadowlark was possibly the first big thrill I can remember. My dad got me the 45 of "Sweet Georgia Brown" because I loved them so much, and I loved that tune.

RIP Curly. Thanks for the memories.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I first saw him on the White Shadow, in an episode where he was at a charity car wash.

Reaction Score
Back in the early to mid 50s, the Globetrotters had NBA level talent. That was no longer the case by the mid 60s, but of all the Trotters from that era, Curly was the one that I thought could have been in the NBA.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I loved watching the Globetrotters on wide world of sports. I took my family to see them live about fifteen years ago. I didn't know what to expect having only seen their short segments on TV. They play an entire game when you see them live. They do all their stunts and theatrics throughout the first three quarters and the fourth quarter is a real basketball game. I realized that if paid good money for the ticket they were going to give you two hours of entertainment. Does anyone remember the ref for most of their ABC games against the Generals?

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I loved watching the Globetrotters on wide world of sports. I took my family to see them live about fifteen years ago. I didn't know what to expect having only seen their short segments on TV. They play an entire game when you see them live. They do all their stunts and theatrics throughout the first three quarters and the fourth quarter is a real basketball game. I realized that if paid good money for the ticket they were going to give you two hours of entertainment. Does anyone remember the ref for most of their ABC games against the Generals?
Pretty sure his name was Valentine. Theo, or maybe Ted. Can't remember for sure.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Teddy isn't qualified to ref a Globetrotters game. Plus, he'd try to be the center of attention with all his antics making calls.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom