RIP Cup Cormier | The Boneyard

RIP Cup Cormier

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Man oh man.. this one hit me... because we both lived in Sprague on East campus.. at in the cafe with him ... Good dude.. RIP fam. (Cupp Cormier)..

I was in East for only one semester but remember seeing him in the cafe all the time. This sucks. :(

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Wow. I always had a soft spot for Cup. I wanted to believe that he was a Khalid-type player, before Khalid of course. Alas I was wrong.

RIP way too young

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Sonofabitch!!!

I still can see his funky start to driving to the basket. Didn't he bring the ball up high as he started the move? Was oddly eye-opening.

Reaction Score
46 years old, way too young. Remember trying to copy his moves as a kid, also one of the greatest nicknames.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Bummer. I liked Cup. For those too young to have seen him play; he was like a Tasmanian devil with the ball. Quick as lightening. Unfortunately, he also had the handle/ball control of a wild marsupial (not much). There was an equal chance of a highlight reel drive to the hoop, turnover, step out of bounds or a travel every time he touched the ball. He played at a different speed than everyone else but never figured out how to harness that talent. RIP Cup.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
First time I saw Cup was at the Springfield CC in the HOF Game vs Glen Robinson and Purdue I believe. Flashy kid with some game. Once again way too young RIP Cup:(

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So, so sorry to hear this. Way, way to soon.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Bummer. I liked Cup. For those too young to have seen him play; he was like a Tasmanian devil with the ball. Quick as lightening. Unfortunately, he also had the handle/ball control of a wild marsupial (not much). There was an equal chance of a highlight reel drive to the hoop, turnover, step out of bounds or a travel every time he touched the ball. He played at a different speed than everyone else but never figured out how to harness that talent. RIP Cup.
Spot on. I feel like you were standing next to me watching him play because I remember my friends and I having that exact conversation. I always wanted to believe that he would put it all together and be the magician he suggested he could be; most others gave up on that hope before I did.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
He was on the team for the first season in which I lived in CT and that 92-93 squad will always have a place in my heart. RIP Cup & Tony - what a tragic week for UConn basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom