RIP Chris Cornell | The Boneyard

RIP Chris Cornell

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Cornell and Scott Weiland we're two of the better voices from the 90's.

Fell on black days?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
This one really bugged me. I think it's because he seemed to be doing really well... touring and putting out some great music lately.
I read Slash's biography (mostly for the decadence) and he was at his most creative when he was high. It's possible for some that putting out good music is a bad sign. It is a sad loss. I caught back to back Temple of the Dog and Soundgarden tunes on the way in this morning on 104.1 WMRQ. It was a good 7-8 minutes. RIP.

Reaction Score
One of the best voices in the history of music, still gives me chills. Unfortunately drugs and suicide seem to go hand in hand with our most talented.
Was it suicide? Haven't heard any word to that effect...

Reaction Score
Was it suicide? Haven't heard any word to that effect...

NY Times saying it was. So sad. Last time I saw him was solo (with kick ass backing band) outside in Hartford. Saw Audioslave once and Soungarden once both at MSG. Every show was great as was he.

Reaction Score
Dead at 52.

We've heard the last of his 4 octave range.

Heard this on the radio on the way home from work. RIP. One of the greatest voices in modern rock history.

Seemed to carry himself well. I've heard good stories of how he handled fans and the media.

Reaction Score
Alice was my favorite band from Seattle but Cornell was the best frontman of all of them.
His voice was epic and his songwriting was outstanding. He wrote basically everything and Euphoria morning was an outstanding solo album showed off his great vocal range.

Reaction Score
Side note I went back and watched a Stern interview Cornell did back in 07 and he said Alice In Chains were like the Monkees.
They all lived in one house and were basically pranksters..which I remember from that headbangers ball or whatever that MTV show was.
Hilarious

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom