OT: - RIP Bob Newhart | The Boneyard

OT: RIP Bob Newhart

Reaction Score
He was truly an original. I remember reading a thing and some top comedians were saying shows like the office and that awkward humor had their roots planted when Newhart came along. He was just different. He came off as funny, intelligent and just seemed to have a sweetness about him.
He was also great on the The Big Bang Theory.

Reaction Score
Who else played the Bob Newhart drinking game ?
Every time the word “Bob” was said during his show you had to drink your beer or do a shot. Guaranteed to be fairly drunk or buzzed in those 30 minutes.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
There was a poker game at Johnny Carson's house. Rickles, Newhart, Buddy Hacket and a few others were regulars. Asked who made them laugh the most during the games. They said Bob.

Reaction Score
We lost Papa Elf.

And the quote from the Newhart show was, "I'm Larry. This is my brother Darryl. This is my other brother Darryl”.

Now as funny as that might be, I'm sure there have been some blended families where they ended up with brothers of the same name, but I digress.

My favorite role of his was Professor Proton on the Big Bang Theory, which turned out to be his first Primetime Emmy award. I was surprised to find that out. I figured he would have won one of those suckers decades ago.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Who else played the Bob Newhart drinking game ?
Every time the word “Bob” was said during his show you had to drink your beer or do a shot. Guaranteed to be fairly drunk or buzzed in those 30 minutes.
We played the game at UConn. You had to drink a shot whenever another character said “Hi Bob” while watching
“The Bob Newhart Show”.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
There was a poker game at Johnny Carson's house. Rickles, Newhart, Buddy Hacket and a few others were regulars. Asked who made them laugh the most during the games. They said Bob.
Rickles and his wife and Newhart and his wife were best of friends and used to go on vacations together. Those must have been hilarious times together.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom