ridiculously addictive you tube clips | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ridiculously addictive you tube clips

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Im hooked on the "Korean girls try.... (American soda, candy, Bbq, Pizza etc..) all awesome

This is Gold. Brisket = Cat

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
As a guy who is hearing impaired, my biggest gripe with YouTube is the lack of closed captions on most of them. The Korean Girls supply them, so that's a big plus. Don't need them for inept Golden Retrievers either. But there is a lot of stuff that I struggle to follow.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This one has gone viral, probably everyone has seen it by now. Just a bit north of me on San Juan Island.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
This one has gone viral, probably everyone has seen it by now. Just a bit north of me on San Juan Island.

So, the rabbit got away, right? Tell me the rabbit got away.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Zack Morris is Trash
I go down MLB/NBA/NFL brawl rabbit holes alllll theeee timmmmeeee

Reaction Score
Lately I've been watching these "What makes this song great" vids by this music theory/instructor guy Rick Beato. I think he has some good connections in the music world because he gets the isolated master tracks which allows him to break down the songs and discusses unique things about the song, chord progressions, etc.

Even if you don't know much about music theory it's still fascinating and addictive stuff to watch. He's done about 30 of them, covering all kinds of songs from diverse artists such as Bowie, Boston, Nirvana, Police, Rage, Chili Peppers, etc. Something for everyone's music taste. It's great fun hearing things you never noticed in a song before or hearing just the bass line, vocals, etc all by itself.

Here's one to get you started:

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
This dude has some skills. Perfect blend of MTB and trials riding.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Lately I've been watching these "What makes this song great" vids by this music theory/instructor guy Rick Beato. I think he has some good connections in the music world because he gets the isolated master tracks which allows him to break down the songs and discusses unique things about the song, chord progressions, etc.

Bump.

Riffing off your music theme, I discovered the "SinaDrums" channel by accident and got hooked immediately. Here's a girl of indeterminate teenage years covering Ringo, Ian Paice, Keith Moon, Bonzo, Charlie Watts and others. I'm typically not one for drum solos (usually pretty boring), but this kid focuses on how the drum parts are integral to the songs - the Ringo episode is great in that way. This kid could become one of the top session drummers ever if she wants. Not sure of her particular individual style at this point, but extremely talented, especially for her years. Bonus - the nursery rhymes videos wherein popular nursery rhymes are played as rock tunes in the style of classic rock bands.

Cesar Zuiderwijk, who's himself an excellent imitator and teacher of styles of popular drummers would be proud of this.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bump.

Riffing off your music theme, I discovered the "SinaDrums" channel by accident and got hooked immediately. Here's a girl of indeterminate teenage years covering Ringo, Ian Paice, Keith Moon, Bonzo, Charlie Watts and others. I'm typically not one for drum solos (usually pretty boring), but this kid focuses on how the drum parts are integral to the songs - the Ringo episode is great in that way. This kid could become one of the top session drummers ever if she wants. Not sure of her particular individual style at this point, but extremely talented, especially for her years. Bonus - the nursery rhymes videos wherein popular nursery rhymes are played as rock tunes in the style of classic rock bands.

Cesar Zuiderwijk, who's himself an excellent imitator and teacher of styles of popular drummers would be proud of this.

Tens of millions of views and she can't monetize a penny of it . . .

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Tens of millions of views and she can't monetize a penny of it . . .

Long tail marketing. Yeah, she has to pay out everything in royalties now, but she'll cash in down the road. Have to admire that level of thinking in a teen. Sure beats channels that feature dumb-ass stunts and other talentless hacks by her contemporaries.

Reaction Score
Long tail marketing. Yeah, she has to pay out everything in royalties now, but she'll cash in down the road. Have to admire that level of thinking in a teen. Sure beats channels that feature dumb-ass stunts and other talentless hacks by her contemporaries.

Don't get me wrong I'm not criticizing her. She's not paying royalties, though. If she was she could monetize the videos.

She's also not a teenager anymore, but I think she was 14 when she started posting to YouTube.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My favorite of the the girl drummer videos. Ridiculously cute. Miss Emily Christine

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong I'm not criticizing her. She's not paying royalties, though. If she was she could monetize the videos.

She's also not a teenager anymore, but I think she was 14 when she started posting to YouTube.

She'll turn 20 sometime this year. Born in '99. And she does pay the copyright holders of the music she covers from her YT income. I was impressed enough to do some research. I appreciate her whole backstory and dedication to the craft in addition to what is obviously a ton of talent supported by hard, disciplined work and a love of all styles of music (except, as she notes, speed thrash metal). That plus the way she put together her first two albums of originals, apparently done completely over the webz using unknowns from several countries. Just a ton of respect for the kid.

Reaction Score
I get stuck on cop videos sometimes. Type in Cops Get Owned on YouTube.
There are also videos of hawks pulling mountain goats off cliffs to their deaths. Pretty amazing stuff

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Somebody clued me in on this in the Game of Thrones thread. These are aweseome! Fake movie pitch scenes that highlight how dumb and incoherent many Hollywood blockbuster scripts are. They have them for a bunch of the Marvel and DC movies, Star Wars, a few other big hits or franchises.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Gotta do another of these. It's too spot on. I'm not on board w/ Disney's latest strategy of remaking all of their classic animated films as live action, but there is no end in sight. Because money.

Reaction Score
I've been glued to paranornal and magicians. Some magicians are truly capable at their craft. I've seen at least 2 videos where I can see a cross between the paranornal and magick, cards moving on their own, by accident annd on purpose. Hans Klok and Lu Chen seem to be legit sorcerers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom