ridiculously addictive you tube clips | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ridiculously addictive you tube clips

Reaction Score
Lately I've been watching these "What makes this song great" vids by this music theory/instructor guy Rick Beato. I think he has some good connections in the music world because he gets the isolated master tracks which allows him to break down the songs and discusses unique things about the song, chord progressions, etc.

Even if you don't know much about music theory it's still fascinating and addictive stuff to watch. He's done about 30 of them, covering all kinds of songs from diverse artists such as Bowie, Boston, Nirvana, Police, Rage, Chili Peppers, etc. Something for everyone's music taste. It's great fun hearing things you never noticed in a song before or hearing just the bass line, vocals, etc all by itself.

Here's one to get you started:

These Rick Beato vids are great, thank you. Really enjoyed quite a few of them. Lol, there went the last hour.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
That dude is the living definition of a front-runner. Yankees, Steelers, UNC.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Not new but I haven't run across it until now. Buzzfeed does a series w/ celebrities answering fan questions while playing with puppies or kittens. Super cute.

Puppy sticks its nose inside Sophie Turner's blouse, she quips "you remind me of my husband."

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Going with the Sophie Turner theme. This is a long running series. Some of the celebs act annoyed by the stupidity of the questions, but many of them roll with it and have some fun.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
August just vomited a little bit.

There's probably an over the counter medication he can take for that.

Okay, here's something without Sophie Turner, but still cute animals. I've already posted stuff from the React Channel I think but this is a new thing they have, the try not to touch it challenge. They mostly fail. Hard to resist cute fluffy things.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

Unfortunately he doesn't mention what Ray Allen's name is, I'm curious what they came up with.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Somebody clued me in on this in the Game of Thrones thread. These are aweseome! Fake movie pitch scenes that highlight how dumb and incoherent many Hollywood blockbuster scripts are. They have them for a bunch of the Marvel and DC movies, Star Wars, a few other big hits or franchises.

These are the absolute best. They are TIGHT!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Coolest bird ever? Certainly has more moves than I do. The macaw in the background looks mostly unimpressed.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Lately I've been watching these "What makes this song great" vids by this music theory/instructor guy Rick Beato. I think he has some good connections in the music world because he gets the isolated master tracks which allows him to break down the songs and discusses unique things about the song, chord progressions, etc.

Even if you don't know much about music theory it's still fascinating and addictive stuff to watch. He's done about 30 of them, covering all kinds of songs from diverse artists such as Bowie, Boston, Nirvana, Police, Rage, Chili Peppers, etc. Something for everyone's music taste. It's great fun hearing things you never noticed in a song before or hearing just the bass line, vocals, etc all by itself.

Here's one to get you started:

A photographer I follow on the Twitter retweeted Beato and I became a follow. Very interesting.

Reaction Score
Some idiot on the Brave Wilderness channel has spent the last few years getting stung/bitten by the most painful insects on the planet.

Reaction Score
Okay, that was awesome.

My only issue is that every time I hear the song now, I hear NoLifeShaq saying, "you can't change me, you can't change me!". Here's another one of two guys listening to Working Man from Rush for the first time.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
This one is about a guy listening to Freebird for the first time. His reactions when the guitar solo comes are priceless.

Okay, that was awesome.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
You know you ain't gonna used that printer! Why keep it all around your house?! Bring it down to my house!!

That was hilarious.
"or find me on them internets..."

Reaction Score
So there are a lot of great song mashup channels...start your journey down the rabbit hole with this guy’s mashups...absolutely brilliant and unique combos of songs with great edits of the videos theyre from. Some are LOL funny and all are super-creative

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I still check out React Channel every month or two. What the heck are they putting in cartoons these days? I grew up on Loony Tunes, Bugs Bunny, Road Runner, I don't think they were slipping this kind of humor in back then. Honestly never seen more than a minute here or there of Sponge Bob or any of these others. I'm definitely surprised.

edit--the seahorse kills me :rolleyes:

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
PROBABLY NOT WORK SAFE.

I don't think I ever watched Craig Ferguson when he did the Late, Late Show. Somebody downloadeded pretty much all of his interviews on You Tube. I find myself endlessly entertained by them. The talk show interviews these days are so canned and boring (except for Conan). He was totally free form, totally random, just 2 people shooting the breeze and goofing off. He was a shameless flirt, but seems like all of his guests were totally down with it and flirting back (by contrast I just saw a compilation of awkward moments on talk shows, and wow Letterman and Leno were creepy as hell). Anyway he's got great rapport with almost all of his guests and makes them feel at ease. These are among my favorite segments. Lindsay Sloane isn't a very well known actress but she's a lot of fun on his show.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
PROBABLY NOT WORK SAFE.

I don't think I ever watched Craig Ferguson when he did the Late, Late Show. Somebody downloadeded pretty much all of his interviews on You Tube. I find myself endlessly entertained by them. The talk show interviews these days are so canned and boring (except for Conan). He was totally free form, totally random, just 2 people shooting the breeze and goofing off. He was a shameless flirt, but seems like all of his guests were totally down with it and flirting back (by contrast I just saw a compilation of awkward moments on talk shows, and wow Letterman and Leno were creepy as hell). Anyway he's got great rapport with almost all of his guests and makes them feel at ease. These are among my favorite segments. Lindsay Sloane isn't a very well known actress but she's a lot of fun on his show.

Craig was great. His show broke the mold for late, late night talk shows. However, it's easy to see why he walked away as he took it about as far as he could. But it was great when guests went along for the ride. When he had a fellow Scot on, like Ewan McGregor, watch out. While you mentioned Sloane above, Craig had his favorites, like Kristen Bell and Mila Kunis, both of whom totally got his act.

As long as we're on the topic, I don't know if Leno ever really hit it off with any guests. Letterman did - the Julia Roberts segments were great, and there were others. Conan didn't hit stride with guests until he got to TBS. He was an awful interviewer at first, but he's better now. His segments with Norm McDonald and Bill Burr are classics now.

I still check out React Channel every month or two. What the heck are they putting in cartoons these days? I grew up on Loony Tunes, Bugs Bunny, Road Runner, I don't think they were slipping this kind of humor in back then. Honestly never seen more than a minute here or there of Sponge Bob or any of these others. I'm definitely surprised.

The one where Spongebob switches to the football game... yeah, that's a no-win for a parent trying to explain that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom