ridiculously addictive you tube clips | Page 6 | The Boneyard

ridiculously addictive you tube clips

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
You know what's even better than polka rap? Yodel metal! I freakin' love this!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Kinda funny because it's kinda true?

It is?

Is this a generational thing related to watching mostly fantasy and superhero movies, and no hobbies besides gaming?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The term genius gets thrown around real easily. I don't know if he's a genius, but he has an amazing ability to make a guitar riff fit...anything.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I find I still enjoy these reaction videos. Some of them you can really see people have their mind blown. Watching one guy (Jamal) listen to Stevie Winwood with The Spencer Davis Group was amazing. Could not believe that voice was coming out of a 17 year old white boy from England. These too are pretty good, she definitely gets into these tunes (and is hot).

Reaction Score
I don't know if they are addictive but The Butting Heads have some good stuff. Plus she is kinda hot so there is that. Whole punch of silly videos.

AWKWARD PHONE CALLS!!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I find I still enjoy these reaction videos. Some of them you can really see people have their mind blown. Watching one guy (Jamal) listen to Stevie Winwood with The Spencer Davis Group was amazing. Could not believe that voice was coming out of a 17 year old white boy from England. These too are pretty good, she definitely gets into these tunes (and is hot).

Watch them do Pink Floyd Mother while sitting on the couch with Lex's mom.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wait for it...

This one has me dying!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
For some reason I thought Andre wasn't active posting stuff anymore, I've missed quite a few. The world definitely needed this.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Getting back to Craig Ferguson, the guy who voiced Geoff Peterson (the greatest talk show sidekick in television history) as well as pretty much all other voices on the show, participated in a bit that showcased deep-fake technology for Disney+ and Collider. Josh Robert Thompson plays both Jeff Goldblum and George Lucas here.

Thompson has his own site with some fun stuff, like a Morgan Freeman GPS, a Robert DeNiro cooking show, and others.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Yea, Brad and Lexi are fun to watch. He gets way into (many times too way into) the lyrics. And she has some of the funniest/strangest/accurate interpretations.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
A friend posted McCartney doing "Blackbird" on Facebook. It's one of my favorite Beatles songs, so I went to YouTube and found Evan Rachel Wood's a-capela version of it (plus the one from Across the Universe). So, for not the first time my YouTube addition is watching Evan Rachel Wood sing, mostly with Evan + Zane. They finally released an album this year. I wonder how many people are even aware that she's just a phenomenal vocalist.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
A friend posted McCartney doing "Blackbird" on Facebook. It's one of my favorite Beatles songs, so I went to YouTube and found Evan Rachel Wood's a-capela version of it (plus the one from Across the Universe). So, for not the first time my YouTube addition is watching Evan Rachel Wood sing, mostly with Evan + Zane. They finally released an album this year. I wonder how many people are even aware that she's just a phenomenal vocalist.

That's cool. It makes sense that talented people can be good at more than one thing. I'm kinda fascinated by actors who can legit sing. It got kinda trendy for Hollywood types to start a band, some of which I never paid any attention to and may or may not be any good (Russell Crowe, Keanu Reeves, Jared Leto). But some are the real deal. Zoey Deschanel I think has a few albums with the duo She & Him. I don't think Florence Pugh put out any records, but before she hit it big with acting she had a number of songs posted on You Tube as Flossie Rose. Lola Kirke is another. Jenny Lewis was actually a child actor first before a long career w/ Rilo Kiley and as a solo artist (and a few side projects). I'm kinda surprised just now to see that Alison Sudol aka A Fine Frenzy has acting credits going back a full 10 years before her first album came out. I certainly think of her as a singer first and actress second. Anyway I'm sure there are plenty more but those are some I'm aware of.

Oh, Disney and Nickelodeon kids are a whole 'nother thing, a bunch of them seem to do acting and singing pretty much simultaneously from a fairly young age.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
That's cool. It makes sense that talented people can be good at more than one thing. I'm kinda fascinated by actors who can legit sing. It got kinda trendy for Hollywood types to start a band, some of which I never paid any attention to and may or may not be any good (Russell Crowe, Keanu Reeves, Jared Leto). But some are the real deal. Zoey Deschanel I think has a few albums with the duo She & Him. I don't think Florence Pugh put out any records, but before she hit it big with acting she had a number of songs posted on You Tube as Flossie Rose. Lola Kirke is another. Jenny Lewis was actually a child actor first before a long career w/ Rilo Kiley and as a solo artist (and a few side projects). I'm kinda surprised just now to see that Alison Sudol aka A Fine Frenzy has acting credits going back a full 10 years before her first album came out. I certainly think of her as a singer first and actress second. Anyway I'm sure there are plenty more but those are some I'm aware of.
Add Minnie Driver to that list. There's nothing that woman can't do.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Need the slapping myself on the forehead emoji. Taylor Momsen got a very early start in acting (Cindy Lou Who in the live action "Grinch Who Stole Christmas" and that wasn't even her first appearance) but turned her back on Hollywood as a teen and went 100% into music with The Pretty Reckless. More than a decade and 4 full length albums later, looks like that's working out for her.

Suki Waterhouse is probably mostly known for dating Robert Pattinson, but she has quite a few acting credits and after dabbling in music earlier, put out an album this year. She's got kind of a Lana Del Rey vibe.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Oh, Disney and Nickelodeon kids are a whole 'nother thing, a bunch of them seem to do acting and singing pretty much simultaneously from a fairly young age.
Yeah, I think many of them have decent multi-skill sets, acting, singing dancing. A few of them take singing to that next level, like Kristen Bell (Frozen) or Evan Rachel Wood (Frozen 2). Of course there's Broadway people, Mandy Patinkin for example. Or Judy Garland, Gene Kelly etc.... You're right about the Disney and Nick kids, but I think that harkens back to a time when musicals were where most actors learned their trade, and that's what so many of those Disney shows like High School Musical are. Zendaya could certainly dance before we knew she could act.

I went to a Supernatural convention several years back in Chicago. My daughter was really into the show and we all enjoyed it. Friday night was Karaoke and damned if they couldn't all sing. Some better than others, but all of them well above average people. Saturday night was a band Louden Swain lead by one of the cast members Rob Benedict (8 albums). Evidently the cast has a band they call The Impalas (named after the car in the show). Jensen Ackles leads it and he cut an album too. That event vastly exceeded my expectations, it was a blast really. That cast is just really close and the fanbase is massive and pretty cool. This is from the one I went to, and I remember this guy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom