Ricky Moore Joining Staff | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ricky Moore Joining Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ricky Moore is one of my favorites EVER in a Husky uniform. He was a complete reflection of Calhoun's toughness and tenacity. Welcome back! This is very exciting news.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
A coaching staff with Free and Ricky is better than a coaching staff with Chuck Norris.

Reaction Score
No doubt this staff will have a tough team that will be a defensive nightmare hawking the ball. Some rival Big East point guards just got their jobs made tougher over the near future.

Reaction Score
Personally I see more toughness, and perseverance with this coaching crew than defense. Basically "no excuses" and "hate to lose".

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Love this. Curious, though. Anyone have any insight into his influence on the defensive side of the ball at Dartmouth?

Reaction Score
this is toughest gorup of to coach any big time college hoops program in a long time.

I want rickey teaching on ball defense all day and night :)

I think Ollie's teams will look at a lot like the 90s terams at uconn in terms of their approach

Reaction Score
Great hire (assuming it does happen). Just wondering though, besides KFree who coaches big men?

Reaction Score
I'd love to see Ricky join the staff. Not that they don't already have coaches who showed toughness on the court, but few rivaled what we witnessed with Ricky. If that can rub off on the current players, his impact will be realized. One thing this team must have to succeed will be the ability to out-will and out-tough their opponents. They're going to be undersized a lot and will have to try to outwork the other team. Maybe I'm wrong with this assessment, but if not, Ricky is one who I can see passing on his toughness to the players.

The one thing that concerns me, just a tad, is the need they've had for a big-man's coach. Other than KFree, most of the other staff members were guards. Now that doesn't mean they can't teach the bigs how to play in the post. It might also be a non-issue since the strength of this team is in the guards and wings, so it really might not matter. I do wonder if teams will point to this with negative recruiting. We need bigs, and I've wondered if KO is more likely to have success with the 1s through 3s and be a tad harder sell with the 4s & 5s. I really don't think that will be a big issue at all. It's not like the other programs have some 6-8 plus coach looking eye to eye with the bigger recruits. With KO at the helm, other than what is tells the recruits, no one really knows what type of style of play he will embrace the most. I'm assuming he'll continue a similar O and D that JC ran throughout the years, though JC often adjusted to the personnel he had. I'm not so sure he adjusted that well last season, but that's a whole other issue that doesn't belong in this thread. I could see coaches from other programs pointing out UConn's coaching staff and telling recruits that UConn is going to be a guard oriented team. Other than KO and his assistants pointing out UConn's track record over the years (Jake, Emeka, Boone, Hilton, Hash, etc.) the recruits will have to believe what KO tells them it will be like.

Reaction Score
Per Gavin Keefe, the job Ricky applied for was assistant director of bball operations (the job Freeman had last year).

Reaction Score
Great Hire.

This is great. Everybody outside of the staff and us think that we are in trouble this year with the transfers and post season bans BUT as Ricky Moore said in 1999 "They don't know"

But they will know after playing against this tough minded team and staff.

Reaction Score
Love it... Defense will be killer but you've got to score some to win and that is not something that KO, Ricky, or Kfree could do at all.

Reaction Score
Over achiever's seems to be the pattern huh? Love it too........They may have 4 NC's if Ricky doesn't hurt his ankle vs Colgate in the 1st round in 96...........?? One tough kid and a pleasant surprise coming back home!!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
KO, KF and RM. Wow, just wow. And the other guys aren't shabby either.

Welcome Ricky!!

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Ricky kept us in that championship game. I ll always think well of him. Bringing him on can only be good!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ricky kept us in that championship game. I ll always think well of him. Bringing him on can only be good!

Amazing first half and lcok down defense on the last two Duke possessions.

"Take him Trajan"
t1_langdon_ap_01.jpg

...I think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members