Rick Pitino on ollie and aac | The Boneyard

Rick Pitino on ollie and aac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He made a very good point. Everyone just worried about going pro is some bullshit. The team should always come first. Ryan and DeAndre must change their mindsets if they ever want to have a chance at making the NBA. It's up to those two players if we will national title contenders or not!

Reaction Score
He made a very good point. Everyone just worried about going pro is some bull . The team should always come first. Ryan and DeAndre must change their mindsets if they ever want to have a chance at making the NBA. It's up to those two players if we will national title contenders or not!

That is the elephant in the room. With our potential 'NBAers' will it be about selfishly improving my stock or putting the team first?

Which adds Bazz (in a way) to the discussion as well.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He made a very good point. Everyone just worried about going pro is some bull . The team should always come first. Ryan and DeAndre must change their mindsets if they ever want to have a chance at making the NBA. It's up to those two players if we will national title contenders or not!

Stop falling into this trap of reading a few quotes and thinking you know a player's mindset. You can look forward to an NBA career while also being focused on team goals. Keep in mind Boatright lead this team in assists last year; this idea that he's a selfish player really needs to go away. And DeAndre needs to change his mindset...? I don't have a clue what you read that makes you think he's not focused on winning.

Reaction Score
Playing selfishly isn't going to help Boatright's NBA chances. The things he needs to work on for the next level are exactly the same things that he needs to do to help the team.

Reaction Score

DeAndre needs to change his mindset? When has he ever stated his intentions to go pro after next season? To the contrary Daniels said it was an "easy" decision to come back this year. The teams chemistry and motives shouldn't be questioned after the way they fought last year. They want to get back to the tourney and make a deep run.

Reaction Score
Pitino said exactly what I also think about you guys. You'll be better than many people think if you buy into defending and effort. With the history at UConn, no one sane ever feels you have a ceiling.

Reaction Score
Noey

What's the need for a comment like that? It's not relevant at all to some fair observations made by a coach whose team faced a similar situation and sacrificed for the good of the team to win a national championship

What if Calhoun made good, constructive comments about Louisville'z team and. Louisville poster asked if Calhoun made any comments on how to get busted for recruiting violations? You would think that poster was sort of a , wouldn't you?

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
99% unrelated but I found this picture hilarious
pitino-liar.jpg

Reaction Score
Noey

What's the need for a comment like that? It's not relevant at all to some fair observations made by a coach whose team faced a similar situation and sacrificed for the good of the team to win a national championship

What if Calhoun made good, constructive comments about Louisville'z team and. Louisville poster asked if Calhoun made any comments on how to get busted for recruiting violations? You would think that poster was sort of a , wouldn't you?

I thought it was a funny comment. Loosen up a little.

Reaction Score
Noey

Agreed. Wheres your God now Noey?

Reaction Score
Maybe I am a . It's the internet so we may never no for sure. But seriously, I was fugging around but even still, would my comment make more or less of a than Rick, who I actually DID, what I merely commented on?

Reaction Score
Maybe I overreacted a bit, I guess you were just having fun. Had it been Boeheim I probably wouldn't have given a turd but the Cards fans who visit our board have generally been very supportive and complimentary toward our program. Pitino had a transgression that I'm sure he regrets on a regular basis but he's a great coach with a hell of a program. One thing I'm hoping comes from the new conference is a clean slate that allows us to actually support and root for other teams in our conference and not always talk about them and root against the them in the NCAA Tournament. Louisville is with us one more year, I think they deserve the same level of respect the majority of them have given us.

Reaction Score
Aaaaaand the point sails right over his head
Pray for my forgiveness. Point is, it was a joke, and I could care less what some Louisville posters would think of my comment

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Pray for my forgiveness. Point is, it was a joke, and I could care less what some Louisville posters would think of my comment

See it's just so senseless to be so hostile to a program that gives us so little hostility in return. See, UConn and Lousiville are elite programs, so we respect each other (at least that's how I see it). We get grief from bitter, jealous programs like Cuse, so obviously we're all down for some Cuse mocking.

It's just not needed.

pj

Reaction Score
I thought the douchey comment was the suggestion that Ryan and Deandre have to change their mindsets. Did that poster not watch the team last year? The players had terrific attitudes. They were close and hung together as a team. There isn't the slightest reason to believe that they won't do the same this year.

Final Four, baby!

Reaction Score
Holy crap. You guys probably still hold your 16 year olds hand as you walk them onto the school bus every morning, don't you?

It was a funny comment. Has nothing to do with not respecting the program. Its just ball busting.

You people are soft.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Holy crap. You guys probably still hold your 16 year olds hand as you walk them onto the school bus every morning, don't you?

It was a funny comment. Has nothing to do with not respecting the program. Its just ball busting.

You people are soft.

And yet I guarantee you're one of the first people to get butthurt when people randomly talk about JC for no reason

Reaction Score

You people are soft.

It was classless and not necessary. And really not all that funny anyway. I get the feeling you're either the poster's brother or special friend. By the way, if you say you could care less, it means you do care. The correct expression is couldn't care less. I'm glad mommy and daddy are allowing you to use the keyboard now though, that's a big step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom