Richie Springs | The Boneyard

Richie Springs

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Anyone who’s seen practices or has insider info on the practices...

How has Springs looked?
Do they have him playing center or PF?
How has he shown against Josh and Whaley? Holding his own?
Now that we've gotten some projections, I'm highlighting the 4 present-tense questions asked by OP.

And, yeah, anything on RJ too.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
that guy has a good hoops name. it'll be fun to hear the play-by-play calls.
'Richie springs high for the board!'
'Richie springs over to steal the pass!'
'Richie springs up for the slam!'

stuff writes itself.
that's all I got.
(wait, one more, 'Cole is hot tonite!')
a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
And you're basing that on what? Just saying things with no meaning and no backing at all helps no one.

That's a low bar if anything. I sure hope he's better than that or we shouldn't have bothered.

I am interested to know if Springs is still growing as expected and whether he is playing some 5.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That's a low bar if anything. I sure hope he's better than that or we shouldn't have bothered.

I am interested to know if Springs is still growing as expected and whether he is playing some 5.

While it hurts this year (i'm still miffed about it), his body is probably going to be the biggest beneficiary of this year off. He could end up being pretty tough inside next year.

One things for sure, we can use the boards.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
It is strange that nothing has leaked about Richie and RJs play in practice. Typically we would have heard something by now with 2 players redshirting. Last year we heard all kinds of things about Akoks play in practice.

Reaction Score
I know nothing about Springs performance in practice, but Cole is certainly legit as he averaged over 20 ppg in his two D1 seasons at Howard and 6.8 assists per game as a Soph. There is plenty of video out there of Cole. He was the MEAC rookie of the year in 2018 and the conferences' Player of the Year as a Soph. I think many here don't realize what we have in Cole.

Reaction Score
I would hesitate calling RJ the savior, ya'll. His team was bad in the worst conference in d1 ball, potentially. The potential is there, and it's fair to trust hurley with his track record so far. But I'd be shocked if he outperforns alterique.

Reaction Score
I think Richie could be better than the current Whaley at the beginning of next year.
I hope so. Whaley hasn’t looked much better this year (muscle helps him stand his ground better, but he’s cold from the field and below average on the glass), and I think 5-10 MPG is all you can ask for from him. If Springs shows promise off of the bench, it would make much more sense to play and develop him.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He was the MEAC rookie of the year in 2018 and the conferences' Player of the Year as a Soph.
When you pick up a player from a lower-ranked conference, you might as well pick up that conferences best. That way you have a chance at higher ceiling.

UconnU

Reaction Score
I know nothing about Springs performance in practice, but Cole is certainly legit as he averaged over 20 ppg in his two D1 seasons at Howard and 6.8 assists per game as a Soph. There is plenty of video out there of Cole. He was the MEAC rookie of the year in 2018 and the conferences' Player of the Year as a Soph. I think many here don't realize what we have in Cole.
Hurley called Springs the best offensive rebounder he had ever scouted. Which in retrospect is interesting because Bouknight, his best friend, training partner, high school and AAU teammate is probably the best offensive rebounding freshman guard I’ve ever seen. Who ever trained/coached them clearly knew how to offensive rebound.

UconnU

Reaction Score
when?
I’d have to go back to look for Hurley quotes from the 2nd or 3rd(?) live period. He definitely said it at some point scouting him over the summer, it has been repeated on here.

Reaction Score
Anyone who’s seen practices or has insider info on the practices, how has Springs looked?

Do they have him playing center or PF? How has he shown against Josh and Whaley? Holding his own? Projections for next year?
Have some updates on Springs as well as Cole. I'm told Richie is a menace on the boards and him and akok have some of the best motors on the team. They play hard all the time. Richie is incredibly fast which has been good for Josh to try to match that in practice. But he's very raw still and has difficulty finishing over Josh. Cole controls the game in scrimmages really well and has had something like single digit turnovers all year. Matches up well with Gilbert. Will handle the ball more than Gaffney next year for sure. Both guys practicing well basically.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom