Richie Springs Jump Shot | The Boneyard

Richie Springs Jump Shot

Reaction Score
Excited to see him develop as a player. What I am really looking forward too is his rebounding ability though. I think finally we will have a team that rebounds well night in and night out with him contributing to that. I don’t even want to know how many years off my life I’ve lost watching our team lose countless rebounds in recent years.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Video on Gaffneys Snap, really nice looking form, and interesting to see that will be part of his game. X factor next year for sure.
Do you think he is a true x-factor type player? I see him as someone who can come in and compete for 10 or so minutes playing time. Hope he does overshoot my expectations though.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I am so grateful there is no video to support this thread and its proponents.

In some other thread months and months ago I think I said yes, Richie will be better than 10 and 7 by his final season at UConn. And I could give two phucccks if it comes from all put backs or from J's.

Reaction Score
Looking for Richie to contribute off the bench in 2020..Injuries/Foul trouble/game situations will probably influence his usage.. Adds tremendous depth/versatility to our bench for Bigs.. Thinking more like a "blue collar" Donyell.. Boards/Defense/Loose Balls/Hustle plays.. Don't sleep on his jump shot..

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
My hope for Springs is somewhere in the Shonn Miller/Senior Year Kentan Facey range. I think he gets eased into the rotation this year and then, once Josh/Whaley graduate, he fills a larger role.
Shonn Miller was a lot more productive than Facey. If we get a Shonn Miller out of Richie Springs that would be really good for this team. I kind of thought that Facey underperformed senior year.

Reaction Score
A consistent 12 foot jumper from Springs would be a vey welcome addition to the Huskies.

Reaction Score
I hope Hurley gives Richie the opportunity to take some Mid-range Js in games. Similar to Whaley last year. It isn't great offense by any means, but it helps to develop confidence shooting as guys work their way out to the 3 pt line.

If Richie can hit 35% or better from 3 by his junior year on a few attempts per game it would change the dynamic of our team big time.

We haven't had a real 4/5 combo in a while. Offers some interesting opportunities offensively. But can Springs defend the 4?

Reaction Score
My hope for Springs is somewhere in the Shonn Miller/Senior Year Kentan Facey range. I think he gets eased into the rotation this year and then, once Josh/Whaley graduate, he fills a larger role.
I really see a lot of senior year Facey in Springs. Facey was pretty consistent with elbow jumpers his last year and was a very effective offensive and defensive rebounder. Hopefully Springs is like that but develops quicker

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I really see a lot of senior year Facey in Springs. Facey was pretty consistent with elbow jumpers his last year and was a very effective offensive and defensive rebounder. Hopefully Springs is like that but develops quicker
He was a guard before his growth spurt. Showed in the game I watched. He’s was an above average passer. He had a nose for offensive rebounding.

Development of a Midrange jumper forces his defender to guard him closer. That plus having better bigs(5s) than Kentan should allow Richie lots of opportunities for offensive rebounds.

It remains to be seen if he’s adjusted to his changed body. If so I wouldn’t be surprised if he could drive by defenders. Kentan was not the passer Richie appears to be and was limited driving to the basket. Once players respected Kentan and played tight defense against him Facey was neutralized.

I believe ceiling is higher for Ritchie.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom