Rich: Lots more on SNY's intentions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rich: Lots more on SNY's intentions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I, too, was concernd about the changing of the guard, so to speak, as I have been watching on Hoopstreams since it became available. Glad to hear that they will be streaming the games. Withtheir production capabilities, the product should be much improved. Hopefully...That having to restart 3 or 4 times /game got old after a while...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I had some concerns that SNY would pass on the Caribbean games next November.....sounds like they fully intend to
broadcast them....yes!
Those games were and probably still are 'iffy' for broadcast. Anything outside the US involves additional issues including additional rights fees, work permits, local partners, etc. I wouldn't count on SNY just yet.

Reaction Score
Please say no to Ho Ho Ho...
since we're voting, I say yes to Picozzi & Megan, who provide insight from behind the scenes that I find interesting, especially in blowouts.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I
since we're voting, I say yes to Picozzi & Megan, who provide insight from behind the scenes that I find interesting, especially in blowouts.
suggest they give them the pre game and post game shows and keep it out of game coverage.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's an HD channel. I'm hoping/assuming the broadcast will be HD as well.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but I believe that was a bid requirement. If it wasn't it should have been. Early on the "HD" games on SNY were standard def. Once ESPN upgraded, SNY got the HD broadcast.

As noted above, I don't think that ESPN will be involved in these broadcasts. I wouldn't be surprised if the product is a little rough while SNY works out the kinks.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Actually, she always did a good job as a color commentator and halftime announcer. Except she never would Diana her props when questioned about the top players in the game. couldn't get over fouling out in finals.
In my opinion, she allowed her loss to UConn to color her coverage of the entire team -- she did not like UConn and it showed. I think Kara Lawson sets the standard for a reporter who delivers balanced coverage without revealing personal allegiances, grudges or past relationships. The fact that Lawson is just flat-out smart and can think on her feet does't hurt either. I also just didn't like the way Dales came across on camera. But, in her defense, it could have been from the strain of flying coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom