Rich Elliot: Pressure D could prove valuable | The Boneyard

Rich Elliot: Pressure D could prove valuable

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
And with a parting crack from Geno:
“We’ve played in some of these Preseason Tip-Off Classics where right off the bat you’re playing a Top 10 team,’’ Auriemma said. “We’re both in the same boat. It’s not like one of us has been practicing and playing games for a month and the other one hasn’t. So there’ll be a lot of things they’re not prepared for and there’ll be a lot of things we’re not prepared for. I’ve been busy since June so I haven’t been able to prepare for them since June. But I think we’ll do our best to see what we can do.’’

LINK

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
And with a parting crack from Geno:
“We’ve played in some of these Preseason Tip-Off Classics where right off the bat you’re playing a Top 10 team,’’ Auriemma said. “We’re both in the same boat. It’s not like one of us has been practicing and playing games for a month and the other one hasn’t. So there’ll be a lot of things they’re not prepared for and there’ll be a lot of things we’re not prepared for. I’ve been busy since June so I haven’t been able to prepare for them since June. But I think we’ll do our best to see what we can do.’’

LINK

I watched the press conference video when Geno said that. He was smiling. A gentle poke at Tara.

Reaction Score
It's early in the season, but UCONN is ready. Geno would have made a good snake oil salesman in the ole west.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
All this talk about height advantage. We play Stef at 6'5 and they start the O sisters at 6'3 and 6'1 big deal. We have the outside shooting advantage, the defense advantage, the expereince factor, the quickness and speed and the shooting advantage. Will Stanford have the height advantage againest Baylor?????

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I believe the "since June" remark was a reference to a comment Tara or another Stanford coach made after their win over UConn last year. I believe they said they had been preparing for the rematch since losing to them in the title game the year before.

Reaction Score
All this talk about height advantage. We play Stef at 6'5 and they start the O sisters at 6'3 and 6'1 big deal. We have the outside shooting advantage, the defense advantage, the expereince factor, the quickness and speed and the shooting advantage. Will Stanford have the height advantage againest Baylor?????

Chiney at 6'1" averages more O boards than most teams. It's not about height, but rather hoops and instincts, which both O sisters are blessed with. I sit next to floor and am amazed at their talent.

Reaction Score
I believe the "since June" remark was a reference to a comment Tara or another Stanford coach made after their win over UConn last year. I believe they said they had been preparing for the rematch since losing to them in the title game the year before.

True, but Tara's comment was taken out of context. Her prep starting in June wasn't about beating Uconn in Dec at Maples, but what they needed to do as a team and program (after San Antonio) to match and other top programs and compete with them. It wasnt about payback, but rather the big picture and how to improve.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Chiney at 6'1" averages more O boards than most teams. It's not about height, but rather hoops and instincts, which both O sisters are blessed with. I sit next to floor and am amazed at their talent.
And how many times she puts back her own shots. :)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

Thought she was 6'3" and Nneka 6'2" ....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom