Rich article on Kelly the Leader... | The Boneyard

Rich article on Kelly the Leader...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
http://blog.ctnews.com/elliott/2012...or-season-faris-clearly-a-leader-for-huskies/

“I’ve been Kelly’s lifting partner and Kelly’s partner in conditioning for the past two years and I think that is the best thing that has ever happened to me since I’ve come to Connecticut,’’ Mosqueda-Lewis said. “She is the best person to push me. She is the best person to be around. And it’s not even that she says anything to me, it’s just how she leads by example. Kelly Faris is the definition of doing all the little things, and I’ve been trying to emulate her and do the things that she does on and off the court. And I think that in the long run that’s going to help me because Kelly’s gone next year and I don’t want the things that Kelly does to be gone even if she is.’’

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That is a sensational quote from KML. And Faris went on to say...

I think a lot of programs are different in the fact that they don’t have what we have in the fact that Coach is very all about life lessons,’’ Faris said. “And I know a lot of coaches are like that, but I think he really, really strives on working on the court and off the court whether it’s in life or basketball. And there’s always little subtle things that he’s saying to us or he may not even be saying it but he’s trying show us another way of how to go about a certain situation or that type of thing. And the rest of the coaching staff as well. So I think that’s one thing that I really tried to pay attention to because once I got here it was easy to kind of figure out that’s the type of person he is and that’s what he tries to do. So he’s definitely helped me grow quite a bit off the court and on the court.’’

I hope that the kids UCONN is recruiting pay close attention to that. Stanford is a great school and I give them the edge in McCall, but I think UCONN has a much better shot at multiple NC's over the next 3 years than Stanford, and IMO there is no better coaching staff in the country.

I love everything about Faris. She's going to be successful no matter what she does in life, but I hope she has a long and fun career in basketball after she graduates. I disagree with some in the past who said she would not make it in the WNBA (they weren't UCONN fans IIRC). Kelly's got it all going on!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
http://blog.ctnews.com/elliott/2012...or-season-faris-clearly-a-leader-for-huskies/

“I’ve been Kelly’s lifting partner and Kelly’s partner in conditioning for the past two years and I think that is the best thing that has ever happened to me since I’ve come to Connecticut,’’ Mosqueda-Lewis said. “She is the best person to push me. She is the best person to be around. And it’s not even that she says anything to me, it’s just how she leads by example. Kelly Faris is the definition of doing all the little things, and I’ve been trying to emulate her and do the things that she does on and off the court. And I think that in the long run that’s going to help me because Kelly’s gone next year and I don’t want the things that Kelly does to be gone even if she is.’’
This also says a lot about Kaleena. She does not shy away from challenges in her quest to be great. If she adds a little Kelly Faris to her approach, it will make her even better and tougher.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Barring injury, Kelly Faris will play, and play solidly, in the WNBA. She may play for 5 years or more.

Barring injury, KML in her junior and senior years will be the same sort of role model for the younger players that Kelly has been for her. She has the same character and work ethic.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Kelly is not a natural vocal leader from what we've seen so far, but her competitiveness and work ethic are exemplary. Someone with KML's inherent ability having Kelly as an example is good news for Uconn fans through 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom