Rich: A forgettable night for KML | The Boneyard

Rich: A forgettable night for KML

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Thanks Pap! always appreciate it when you post the links, especially when the newslinks threads are around only sporadically these days....

Reaction Score
Yes Kaleena had a bad night, but not as simple as the article implies. Karlie wasn't the only one guarding, several others got involved. I venture to say that this led to several opportunities for Saniya and others.

Reaction Score
Yes Kaleena had a bad night, but not as simple as the article implies. Karlie wasn't the only one guarding, several others got involved. I venture to say that this led to several opportunities for Saniya and others.

Everyone has bad shooting night, even the best shooter so no big deal....
I think it is some of her other mental mistakes that made for a bad night.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
and the mental mistakes probably relate to the fact that UConn RARELY plays a close game -- so this should be a great learning opportunity and make them hungrier the rest of the season. It actually makes sense.

Reaction Score
Everyone has bad shooting night, even the best shooter so no big deal....
I think it is some of her other mental mistakes that made for a bad night.

I agree with you that everyone will be off offensively at times. However, up until Monday, we could, usually, count on our defense to pick up the slack. If we only score 30 points in the game due to everyone being off, it's up to the defense to only give up 29 or less. Defense is more predicated on "want to", rather than skill, as opposed to offense; up to a point, obviously. And before anyone starts to jump on me, thinking that I'm saying that "our girls" just don't care, think back to all of the open layups that were given up.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
IMO KML having an off night on offense did not cost UConn the game - being totally absent on offense did. Her seemingly confused play during OT didn't help. Mosqueda-Lewis has never been a defensive star but this game was different. Opponents just kept blowing by her as if her Nike's were glued to the floor.

Reaction Score
Why did it take 40 minutes to figure out that KML was playing with cement shoes...........Where were the screeners, picks, back doors?...........She is old enugh to see what they are doing to adjust her game.........WNBA teams did take notice of her not being able to create her own shot............Geno will fix it......WATCH!!!

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
KML needs to be in better shape. She looked slow and tired. Love her play but she has lost a step.

Reaction Score
HuskiesFan1014 said:
KML needs to be in better shape. She looked slow and tired. Love her play but she has lost a step.

Yes she has a larger presence than last year. Does' t help her quickness.

Reaction Score
I'm not worried one bit about KML. She is a great player and great players bounce back from off nights.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thanks Pap! always appreciate it when you post the links, especially when the newslinks threads are around only sporadically these days....
Newslinks are posted daily on the blog. However, if there aren't any articles on a particular sport, I don't post the link to that board. In addition I have to finish collecting the news items by 6 am before I go to work so I'm unable to link articles published during the day.

Reaction Score
Newslinks are posted daily on the blog. However, if there aren't any articles on a particular sport, I don't post the link to that board. In addition I have to finish collecting the news items by 6 am before I go to work so I'm unable to link articles published during the day.

You do the best job I have seen on any WCBB blog. Thank you for being so thorough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom