Rhody. | The Boneyard

Rhody.

Reaction Score
I went to the vcu Duquesne game. Vcu whooped up on them. The university of richmond recently beat them too. They didn't look too good. Must be something wrong with uri if they lose.

Reaction Score
007170319073_Oregon_v_Rhode_Island-450x270.jpg

Stan "The Man" Robinson for the W.

Reaction Score
Should we really be considering coaches from teams that need a buzzer beater to beat low-quality teams like Duquesne?
Nope, he is a shiny object now. The more one finds out bout him, the less attractive he looks

Reaction Score
Should we really be considering coaches from teams that need a buzzer beater to beat low-quality teams like Duquesne?

Hurley has done a great job this year adjusting to his personnel. After losing Martin and Iverson he had a very unbalanced roster that was guard heavy. He had to sell very good players into specific roles in the back court for the good of the team. The guy who hit the buzzer beater Robinson was one of them. Hurley told him despite your 21 vs Oregon in the NCAA Tourney you will not start unless you do XY and Z. Most of that did not include scoring. Basically if the 6 guards could not interface with one another he would have lost team chemistry.

I am just interested to see if Hurley can get them to the S16.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They're 9-0 in the A-10, and 7 of those wins have been by double-digits.

I think we can give them a mulligan for this one.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It’s called the reverse swami curse. Never fails.
You get half-credit. Posting it on the Yard gets the other half. It's uncanny how similar posts here end up sparking a comeback.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
You get half-credit. Posting it on the Yard gets the other half. It's uncanny how similar posts here end up sparking a comeback.
I want full credit, dammit.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Nope, he is a shiny object now. The more one finds out bout him, the less attractive he looks
Ok, so let’s assume Ollie is gone, because he is...
Who do you want?

Anyone, except for all those coaches who (almost) lost to lesser programs. (that includes Ollie unfortunately)

So no one. Cancel the basketball program.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
Hurley has done a great job this year adjusting to his personnel. After losing Martin and Iverson he had a very unbalanced roster that was guard heavy. He had to sell very good players into specific roles in the back court for the good of the team. The guy who hit the buzzer beater Robinson was one of them. Hurley told him despite your 21 vs Oregon in the NCAA Tourney you will not start unless you do XY and Z. Most of that did not include scoring. Basically if the 6 guards could not interface with one another he would have lost team chemistry.

I am just interested to see if Hurley can get them to the S16.
They've got a nice team, but the lack of size could be a problem in March.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom