Rewatching Texas/South Carolina games | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Rewatching Texas/South Carolina games

Reaction Score
No apology needed it is just a fact. Look no more than this past weekend, though Uconn has a great team Wilson is the best player in college basketball right now. Only player in the top 15 in every stat in country.
Does that include 3 Point percentage?

Reaction Score
Uh no Uconn did not beat Miss. St to get to the game and SC beat Stanford. We held up put end of the bargain. And don't give me that Miss. ST. was tires issue because they have beaten Miss. St 11 out of 12 games. These refs and calls arguments are weak at best. I know Gabby's name as well as I know Aja. The conspiracy theories are laughable. Aja, has been a finalist for NPOY for the past 3 yrs. She has earned everything she has received. With your assessment that her game is all smoke and mirrors it' a wonder Geno offered her. Maybe he didnt. Maybe that offer was fabricated by Espn also. Just admit that the hate is she chose another school and unlike other top players she has accomplished practically everyone of her goals. Just reading the Sports Illustrated story on post players and Geno does not share your opinion of her skills, but hey he did want her at Uconn, (or maybe not)
Sports Illustrated knows squat about thee women's game. Just look at their 1st team selections. Gustafson is a really good player but to put her on their first team, well enough said. Have to give Aja her just due, no doubt a great player but she will have to change (up) her game some to be a dominant force in the WNBA.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Well you thought wrong Head bang I was clearly talking to another SC fan when I said "we" and nothing in my post had anything to do with UCONN.
As if I did not know that. Bye.

Reaction Score
Sports Illustrated knows squat about thee women's game. Just look at their 1st team selections. Gustafson is a really good player but to put her on their first team, well enough said. Have to give Aja her just due, no doubt a great player but she will have to change (up) her game some to be a dominant force in the WNBA.
Aja' game is tailored made for the stretch 4 in the pros. She already can hit the 15 ft jumper and will have to continue to stretch that shot out further but she has so many other intangibles that make her great. Also, who will not have to change or improve their game going into the draft. Wilson has the most checks completed to go to the WNBA in terms of size and skill that she will be the #1 pick easily.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Aja' game is tailored made for the stretch 4 in the pros. She already can hit the 15 ft jumper and will have to continue to stretch that shot out further but she has so many other intangibles that make her great. Also, who will not have to change or improve their game going into the draft. Wilson has the most checks completed to go to the WNBA in terms of size and skill that she will be the #1 pick easily.

She will have to change her game or will foul out of too many games with her over the back rebounds that hardly ever get called.

Reaction Score
She will have to change her game or will foul out of too many games with her over the back rebounds that hardly ever get called.
In the Wnba her physicality will help her more than in college. Finesse players have not succeeded well in that league at the post position in case you have not been watching. She also did very well in the Santa Barbara USA National Team practice in which she played with most of the best pros in the business. I glad she doesn't go into the league off of fans opinions, because those are extremely different than those of the present pros on Aja and also Geno's description of her skills.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
In the Wnba her physicality will help her more than in college. Finesse players have not succeeded well in that league at the post position in case you have not been watching. She also did very well in the Santa Barbara USA National Team practice in which she played with most of the best pros in the business. I glad she doesn't go into the league off of fans opinions, because those are extremely different than those of the present pros on Aja and also Geno's description of her skills.

I mean... Sue Bird loves A’ja’s game and thinks she’s ready for the WNBA. There are apparently a lot of basketball experts here that feel differently about Wilson but I’ll trust Bird’s opinion (along with Dawn’s, Geno’s etc.) more than anybody’s here.

Reaction Score
Yes, there is a difference between those who played and/or coached the game and fans. Aja has growth but no player does not have to grow into the pro league. Look at Kaleena Mosqueda Lewis. I will yield to Sue's, Maya's and Geno's opinions more than a fan any day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom