Results are in: Boneyard preseason top 25 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Results are in: Boneyard preseason top 25

How frequently should we do the Boneyard Top 25 poll during the season?

• Weekly

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Every 2 weeks

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Other (explain in comment)

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
I think that it’s clear that this Maryland team is the class of the Big 10, and we might expect some recent stalwarts to have down years in Iowa, Michigan, and Michigan State. The biggest threat might be Purdue or well....no one.

Reaction Score
Looks to me the three polls are not that far apart from each other (sorry for your loss @triaddukefan ). All three polls have #1 Oregon, #2 Baylor and #10 Miss St.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Weren't the 1970s women's polls dominated by Immaculata, Delta State and Queens College NY
1572474971021.png

Reaction Score
I’m mystified by Florida, CMU, and frankly South Dakota State (they lost Macy Miller AND Guebert) being included on anyone’s ballots.

I guess someone has a crush on Cam and is hoping that they can trade their votes for something down the line.

Reaction Score
I wish Maryland and UConn still played during the regular season. I’d love to see Shakira Austin and ONO go head to head. Really I’m excited to see how ONO does against other posts with size like Cox and Hebard. Maybe one day I’ll get my dream matchup of Oregon State and UConn (again; the 2016 ncaa tourney matchup left me wanting to see them play regularly).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
And look who's right next to Duke in the one-vote list:

His father is the AD at Duke.... upon further review... I thought that was the Florida MBB Coach... maybe it isnt.

Plebe

Reaction Score
His father is the AD at Duke.... upon further review... I thought that was the Florida MBB Coach... maybe it isnt.
I'm pretty sure that's the WBB coach.

Reaction Score
Yeah, he did pretty well at Belmont. Jury is still out on how he'll do at Florida. Definitely on my Top 10 hottest coaches though.

In other matters, Plebe, do we know when the next ballot needs to be submitted by so that I can determine which games I need to keep an eye on? Western Kentucky vs. Louisville with Dee Givens leading the Hilltoppers is a must. I guess I'll rely on other Boneyarders to act all shocked at some results.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Yeah, he did pretty well at Belmont. Jury is still out on how he'll do at Florida. Definitely on my Top 10 hottest coaches though.

In other matters, Plebe, do we know when the next ballot needs to be submitted by so that I can determine which games I need to keep an eye on? Western Kentucky vs. Louisville with Dee Givens leading the Hilltoppers is a must. I guess I'll rely on other Boneyarders to act all shocked at some results.
I've added a poll at the top of this thread to get an idea of the frequency people would be willing to support. If there's enough interest we can make it weekly.

Please vote: Results are in: Boneyard preseason top 25

Plebe

Reaction Score
Bump.
Two more days to vote on the frequency.

Reaction Score
To be fair, I proudly left Duke and Minnesota off mine. I wonder how many people included Minnesota before the AP Poll/ESPN was released.

Plebe

Reaction Score
To be fair, I proudly left Duke and Minnesota off mine. I wonder how many people included Minnesota before the AP Poll/ESPN was released.
3 out of 12 before the ESPN poll.
8 out of 9 after.
(The AP poll wasn't released until after the BY poll.)

Plebe

Reaction Score
Poll has closed. It's a really close call, but we're going to make this a biweekly poll to accommodate the slight majority who preferred a frequency less demanding than weekly.

This means that our next round of balloting will be due on Monday, Nov. 18 at 9 a.m.

Reaction Score
I am surprised Texas made it as high as it did in any poll. They were not that good last season and are worse this year. They have a lot of issues going. You just need to check out their fan forum to see that. Even in the weak conference, they are in they should get some loses. They will be lucky to make the top 25

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom