Reports of UConn Players game performance in the NBA | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Reports of UConn Players game performance in the NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
champs99and04 said:
I'm glad you were able to provide some context to that last shot, since I was only following along on gamecast and couldn't gauge the degree of difficulty. On one hand, I agree with you that the Bobcats aren't a great team for him because of what you mentioned. On the other, it's good that he has free reign to shoot a lot. I doubt he'd have this much rope to work his way out of slumps (though on a contender, he may not work his way into slumps as often because he could do other things when his jumper was off) on other teams.

Rudy finishes up with 33 points, 6 assists, and 5 rebounds on 12-19/3-3/6-6. He's on an absolute tear - I don't think he's ever played better basketball. (Edit: looks like you beat me to it)

I think the Cats had 2.3 seconds to inbound and shoot after the timeout. He caught the inbounds pass on the move towards the corner, gave an up fake, ducked under the defender and re-straightened for an off-balance, fading 3 that was right on line. He got off a pretty good look all things considered, but it would have been an amazing play to make it.

My reaction today was just that they asked a ton of him - playing 45 minutes, dealing with three different defenders pressuring him full court, fighting over every screen and roll with minimal help. Henderson had a terrible night (2-14 with two dunks) so that made it even harder. It could be worse if he was stuck in a backup role.

Reaction Score
Nice effort from Kemba tonight. Ended with 19 points, 10 assists and no turnovers. He also had I think four passes (a couple on the break) that resulted in fouls instead of layups.

He started out looking like he might go bonkers, making his first four shots, but he cooled off, ending 7-16. And there was a brief stretch in the early fourth when he lost his mind a bit - complained twice looking for fouls, picked up a T, then got agitated and tried to go one on one and missed. But he settled down. Jefferson was on fire, and the best part for Kemba was that he took a bunch of shots right off of passes. Kemba probably assisted him 7 times.

Ray has totally lost his game. The Heat may be wise to take him out of the rotation for a little bit, and then try to get him back at something close to peak level for the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lamb has 7 in the first quarter against the Warriors and one sweet assist

Reaction Score
UC23Leahy said:
Lamb has 7 in the first quarter against the Warriors and one sweet assist

His game suffers when Durant is in. What can you do, of course...KD has to play. But KD's minutes are way up with Westbrook hurt and Lamb has become a "stand in the corner and let pigeons land on you" part of the offense. He had Curry on him for a while and it would make sense to let Curry work on defense chasing Lamb around - even if it was a total decoy. Lamb had been developing into a nice second unit playmaker before Westbrook went out, so the changing of roles has hurt him a bit.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
if durant wasnt going bananas tonight id be pissed that they arent even looking for lamb, he's constantly waiving his hand on the 3pt line

Reaction Score
Bad news - Kemba is done for a while. Just wrecked his ankle going full speed.

caw

Reaction Score
Bad news - Kemba is done for a while. Just wrecked his ankle going full speed.

He jut wanted to watch UConn beat UL. Jk, shame he was having a good game. Hope he is OK obviously.

Reaction Score
They are saying only 2 weeks for Kemba, which would be terrific, if true. That sprain was running full speed and could have been a season-wrecker.

On another note, Rudy just got Ollied (ie two quick techs) against OKC. Although Rudy was kinda bickering and not going off like KO did. Wasn't really involved today - shot 3-7 for 6 points. Lamb is 3-8 for 8 points.

Reaction Score
Caron had a DNP in SA. He and Ray are coming to the end of the line - looks like nobody wants Rip off the waiver wire either. Seems like yesterday those three were all-stars together.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Well, we won't have to hold a fundraiser for them.
Wait, how much did Rip invest with Tate? Maybe we will need to do a fundraiser.

Reaction Score
Lamb is playing some nice minutes for the Thunder against the Heat right now. 8 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists in 13 minutes.

Reaction Score
When thunder play sefalosha/lamb/durant they are so good wow.

Reaction Score
Lamb put up 18 points on 7-10 shooting (4-6 from 3), along with 4 assists and 3 rebounds in the Thunder's win over the Heat. This was one of the Thunder's bigger games of the season, and Lamb played the second most minutes for Oklahoma City, only behind Durant.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Durant was showering Lamb with all kinds of praise during both the halftime and post game interviews. Lamb was very key to the Thunder comeback.

Reaction Score
Durant was showering Lamb with all kinds of praise during both the halftime and post game interviews. Lamb was very key to the Thunder comeback.
I wonder if Lamb thinks he made the right choice in picking UConn:cool:

Reaction Score
I know Caron is playing for his hometown team but he deserves to play on a better team, would like to see him end up on a contender.

Reaction Score
I know Caron is playing for his hometown team but he deserves to play on a better team, would like to see him end up on a contender.
Didn't he get a ring at Dallas and his last gig was on a contender. I would have loved it if he stayed with the Suns. But he is more interested in his post BB career
I think he owns half of Wisconsin. (Hyperbole alert)

Reaction Score
Didn't he get a ring at Dallas and his last gig was on a contender. I would have loved it if he stayed with the Suns. But he is more interested in his post BB career
I think he owns half of Wisconsin. (Hyperbole alert)
yes he did he didn't play though in the playoffs, I'm sure he will get a ton of interest at the trade deadline, Milwaukee is 8-38 he deserves better. If he's content with playing on that team then good for him.

Reaction Score
Drummond exploded for 22 points, 14 rebounds, and 5 blocks tonight (on 10-11 from the field). Rudy has 22, 5, and 5 mid-way through the third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom