Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season | Page 60 | The Boneyard

Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A crappy conference that Hurley was sub .500 in.

If the guys that came to UConn in the 2019 class are inferior to the guys UConn gets going forward, I’ll be surprised.

I think the UConn and Hurley brand is stronger than the Big East brand. However, let’s not forget that Dan didn’t land Precious Achiuwa or Lester Quinones, both St Benedicts products (where the Hurley brand is supposed to be strongest), and neither did a Big East school.

This article calls it the Zombie Big East. I think the Big East schools are hoping to get a shine from UConn as much as UConn fans are hoping that they get a shine. (Which is an interesting dynamic)

that article is considered the dumbest article by many people, including me and @superjohn

Reaction Score
If there was any doubt fox was behind this move... props to @Chief00 . Pure speculation but I Bet fox and UConn worked out a mutually beneficial deal where we move hoops to big east and fox, and fox guarantees us some football coverage and income in our independent regime

Attachments

• 076BEFB3-E546-49F7-B8F3-CD17B2034547.png
    076BEFB3-E546-49F7-B8F3-CD17B2034547.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 243

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Part of me wants to believe Fox will overpay for rights to the state school in ESPNs backyard they have taken for granted. I work for Marriott on Hilton Head Island, Marriott and Hilton aggressively compete for market share. Hilton Head is Marriott’s flagship resort location with 8 resorts. We overbid on every resort for sale so that Hilton can’t gain a presence here.

Hope FS1 & SNY flood the CT highways with UConn & Big East billboards. Put some on all roads leading to Bristol.

Reaction Score
Echoing FriarJ PC has had a lot of success recruiting in the Mid Atlantic. PC used to recruit heavily in NYC. As I said in another thread with Hurley in the mix EVERYONE in the Big East will have to up their game. UConn will get recruits that want to play against high school teammates and the neighborhood kids from the block who could care less about the AAC.
I had many UConn friends told me they REALLY missed the games in March at the MECCA, better get the bus companies on the phone. The fact that UConn ticket offices are busy says a lot as well.

Reaction Score
Gotta give it to certainly @FriarJ he at least has more balls than every Cuse online-fan combined. Y’all aren’t afraid of us at least
This, btw, will be a welcome return to having some good ol internet shart-talking with people we hate. Six years in a southern football league that’s at best apathetic regarding basketball, and the best forum member we’ve had join us is who, @StunningSteve ??

Sorry man not hatin’ just statin’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul