Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season | Page 49 | The Boneyard

Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
LOL.

I'm well aware how ratings "work". But Fox bid the NBE contract based on their expectation of the ratings. Hence why the contract is so small. The ratings the NBE has pulled in have exceeded Fox's expectations. So, when UConn signs to join as the 11th member, it will trigger the Fox contract to be renegotiated at today's values. The contract will jump noticeably in value as a result of the NBE outperforming their contract + the addition of UConn.

Also, I'm not conflating anything. You're reading about everything in the press on a lag. No different than looking at the stars at night. The light you're seeing was emanated a billion years ago. You're just now seeing the effects though. Same deal with realignment. Much (but not all) happens long before you hear a word. For instance, the ACC engaged ESPN about a conference network first, then Notre Dame, then Pitt/Syracuse. But, Pitt/Syracuse happened first, Notre Dame was a year later, and the Grant of Rights the following year, with the ACC Network was agreed to 3 years after that.

I have no need for e-cred or bragging rights. I just stopped by after a 6 year absence to see what people thought, was surprised to see so many grumbling, and decided to offer insight. My original posts in 2012 prove I'm not a regular Joe guessing at this stuff. If you want to pitch a fit, quibble, grow a pair of balls and try to knock me down a peg or two, be my guest. It doesn't matter to me. TheBoneyard isn't my life or my interest. I'm signing off in a couple of minutes to watch Argentina in the Copa America and after that, you won't see me any more.

Good luck with the move. I probably won't think about coming back to gloat, but do me a favor and tip your hat to me when the NBE contract is reworked and you see the value jump significantly. THAT is the area of this conversation I am an expert on. But for very obvious reasons, I'm not going to pull back the curtain. I'm not going to say anything that violates a NDA. You'll see though. UConn just took a very good step forward financially, even if you don't see it yet.

All the best.....

it’s the internet - it’s amazing that people can pick and choose their sources because of their biases rather than determining who is legit.

Reaction Score
Hurley has already done well in recruiting, now he gets to tell kids in the northeast/mid-atlantic they get to stay in their footprint and have games at MSG? Compared to the alternative sales pitch, that's huge.

It is certainly true that this realignment move is "complementary" to Hurley's recruiting strategy. I hope that pays off in the long term.

Reaction Score
Way too many mistakes. From hiring bad ahtletic directors to hiring bad coaches to APR to paying waaaay too much attention to APR to being slow to add football to begin with...just a loooong line of bad decisions.

In a way, I hope today's news will spark a bigger national debate about the demise of college athletics and the direction it is headed. The name UConn is a huge name and nationally recognized. That hasn't and wont' change. But the P5 split has very real consequences to the NCAA and college athletics in general. Maybe UConn dropping down to second tier will open enough eyes that a real long hard look will take place into the scamshow of the NCAA. I hope so. It'll help me feel better that UConn has fallen on its sword here.

Wow I was thinking of what Dooley would think of this news. Just noticed your new signature. Yikes.

Reaction Score
Well said. I've always enjoyed your posts Fishy.

Can you please deactivate my Dooley Boneyard account? I'm going back to casual lurking for the interim and eventual disconnect from all things UConn. Thanks!

Don't do it Dooley. You are needed in these trying times.

Reaction Score
As soon as you "explained how Notre Dame picked Syracuse to join with them, you kind of lost all credibility. You did get one checklist spot on though:

Troll life cycle

Start reasonable
Misstatements
Indigent reply when correct
Personal Attacks
Storm off in huff.

I think he is saying that by signing the long term football deals with Pitt and SU ( instead of UCONN ) it made them financially more attractive to the ACC, bumping us. 5 ND away games each for SU / Pitt probably puts $30M in the ACC’s pocket.

Ct legislature us.

Reaction Score
Well said. I've always enjoyed your posts Fishy.

Can you please deactivate my Dooley Boneyard account? I'm going back to casual lurking for the interim and eventual disconnect from all things UConn. Thanks!
"Disconnect from all things UConn"

You were never a fan. Certainly not an alum.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Can’t wait until people can comment. I want to hear from Coach so bad. You know coaching in the big east has been a dream of his for a long time.

Hope we leave the conference on a positive note. Leaving with a bad taste of Uconn in their mouths. This season actually should be pretty fun.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Fox is so much better than ESPN in terms of quality for sports events. There was no was no way I was paying for ESPN+ to watch the teams we were playing with crappy refs and announcers. Any games Fox doesn't pick up hopefully SNY will. I'd pay monthly for Fox and SNY if need be

Reaction Score
I guess ESPN didn’t call the emergency meeting with the ACC and conceded the Apple to the NBE, right Butch

Reaction Score

You got the CBS contract with the AAC wrong. It's not for CBSSN. It's for CBS Network. Jeez. There's a world of difference between the two.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Reminder for the haters @Chief00 DIRECTLY confirmed(a rarity for chief) Uconn to the Bug East, It happened less than 24 hours later.

UconnU

Reaction Score
If Michael Aresco gets his 10 million from Uconn and Kevin doesn’t do Kevin’s lawyers use this as proof of racial discrimination in their suit? One could argue Mike violated the contract with the TV deal.

Also, why is Michael Aresco’s picture on google a teenager holding a book titled “the complete guide to punting” lol.

Reaction Score
Really happy about this.

People who thought a P5 invitation was going to come some day were dreaming. We couldn’t get one off of a MBB championship, WBB dominance and a decent football team.

Now? We’re rebuilding the men’s team, the women only have so many years before Geno goes, and we have an awful football team.

The idea that we could be a football school was dumb in itself. We aren’t. We’re a basketball school, be in the basketball conference.

It’s going to make Uconn money just be reducing the travel cost. Never mind increase in attendance. The idea that the Big East is worse than the AAC in basketball is laughable. Nova alone makes the conference better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom