Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season | Page 41 | The Boneyard

Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

B12

Reaction Score
Well who are the B12 dregs going to add then? San Antonio? They have to add someone if they don't want to be a 6 team league.
More thank likely 4-6 would move to the PAC if that happened. Heck Baylor might even tag along with UT to the ACC.

I really dont' think there will be much left behind if the Big 12 loses OU/KU to start things off.

Say OU/KU go to the B1G, UT (partial) with WVU and Baylor to the ACC.

Do you think the SEC sits still at 14 with Missouri in the East?
PAC and all their issues sit by and not go for a school like TT?

I think the PAC would gladly take any of the Big 12 aside from Baylor at this point. OSU probably has a shot in the SEC at #15 if OU/KU/UT are off the table.

Reaction Score
Ever hear of the Chicago Tribune? Let's say he's very well positioned there. So convince yourself all you like.

Amazing how hard this board tries to make believe or buy into lies.
Maybe you should go back and look at my post history before you try to play your "Chicago Tribune" card. The last time I posted here was during realignment. And a cursory look will show I was on the inside of those discussions. I do TV contract analytics, and my clients are the Big Ten, ACC, Big 12, SEC, ESPN, ABC, Fox, and CBS. So........I'm not guessing. UConn had no shot at joining the Big Ten. You might as well be arguing with Jimmy Sexton about Nick Saban's last contract negotiation based on a "well placed source" at the Birmingham News. One of us has been on ESPN, ESPN Radio, and has 4 of the 5 P5 conference commissioners in his cell phone. And the other one is you.

Maybe your friend wasn't lying. But he absolutely was misinformed about UConn's standing in those discussions.

I only dropped by the board to see what was being said, b/c I've always had a soft spot for your program. And, seeing a lot of the negative reactions, I wanted to offer up some insider info to quell the fears. (See my original post above.)

Best wishes.

Reaction Score
None of that matters anymore. The days of adding Rutgers to charge all the people in the state who dont' even watch are over. Nebraska is a small population state, means nothing.

Even if you take the UT game away from WVU last year they still had big TV numbers. You may not like it but it's true. That's why it bothers you so much.

Fun to say WVU sucks, so does Louisville, and so does ISU, KSU, OSU, TCU, TT, and Baylor. But that doesn't mean it's true.

All of those schools have $, facilites, fans, TV ratings, etc to support p-5 membership. If you actually calm down and read the TV numbers you will see the PAC and ACC have more teams with no audience.

But if you want to believe that go for it. It just comes off as being insecure and jealous of schools like WVU who even though you hate it actually have some value. No reason to be insecure. UConn found a spot that will fit and be a long term conference moving forward.

Did you miss the big reason why UConn made this move?

The AAC took away tier 3 rights from UConn with the new contract.

UConn had a big deal with their networks and all the coaches' shows.

The whole reason UConn did this is because of "tv tiers" etc. UConn rejected the ESPN+ approach and went with SNY, which is why I mentioned the SNY subscriber fee in the first place.

Reaction Score
More thank likely 4-6 would move to the PAC if that happened. Heck Baylor might even tag along with UT to the ACC.

I really dont' think there will be much left behind if the Big 12 loses OU/KU to start things off.

Say OU/KU go to the B1G, UT (partial) with WVU and Baylor to the ACC.

Do you think the SEC sits still at 14 with Missouri in the East?
PAC and all their issues sit by and not go for a school like TT?

I think the PAC would gladly take any of the Big 12 aside from Baylor at this point. OSU probably has a shot in the SEC at #15 if OU/KU/UT are off the table.

The PAC12 wouldn't even accept Texas last time around, never mind the other schools. It's not happening. Not one of those schools outside the 3 (Ok, Tx, Kansas) adds value.

B12

Reaction Score
Did you miss the big reason why UConn made this move?

The AAC took away tier 3 rights from UConn with the new contract.

UConn had a big deal with their networks and all the coaches' shows.

The whole reason UConn did this is because of "tv tiers" etc. UConn rejected the ESPN+ approach and went with SNY, which is why I mentioned the SNY subscriber fee in the first place.
Again, that has no bearing on the value of the current p-5 schools. You are just changing the subject. UConn agreed to the same TV deal as everyone else in the AAC, they did not reject it at that time.

Your argument was that WVU only had good tv ratings because they play UT, which was clearly not correct.

So now what are you changing your point to?

Reaction Score
Maybe you should go back and look at my post history before you try to play your "Chicago Tribune" card. The last time I posted here was during realignment. And a cursory look will show I was on the inside of those discussions. I do TV contract analytics, and my clients are the Big Ten, ACC, Big 12, SEC, ESPN, ABC, Fox, and CBS. So...I'm not guessing. UConn had no shot at joining the Big Ten. You might as well be arguing with Jimmy Sexton about Nick Saban's last contract negotiation based on a "well placed source" at the Birmingham News. One of us has been on ESPN, ESPN Radio, and has 4 of the 5 P5 conference commissioners in his cell phone. And the other one is you.

Maybe your friend wasn't lying. But he absolutely was misinformed about UConn's standing in those discussions.

I only dropped by the board to see what was being said, b/c I've always had a soft spot for your program. And, seeing a lot of the negative reactions, I wanted to offer up some insider info to quell the fears. (See my original post above.)

Best wishes.
Had our program maintained momentum and not made wrong hires, the fanbase would be much bigger than what numbers show now. Also, it's acknowledged this state has a fairweather fanbase; they prefer top of the line events. Michigan at UConn in 2014 was a solid atmosphere.

Been a steady decline since due to the football being played and conference affiliation.

B12

Reaction Score
The PAC12 wouldn't even accept Texas last time around, never mind the other schools. It's not happening. Not one of those schools outside the 3 (Ok, Tx, Kansas) adds value.
Each situation is different, and things have changed. PACN has everything but rabid fans to watch. Big 12 schools have rabid fans. PAC 12 had issues with DirecTV due to no Central or Eastern time zone content. Surely you can do the math.

If Utah added value to the PAC I can assure you that TT would as well. But as always you are entitled to your opinion. I tend to think TT, TCU, OSU, KSU, and ISU would be a nice East division for the PAC.

But if you just want to pretend half the p-5 is worthless because you are insecure go for it. The TV ratings don't lie, nor do the facilites. WVU is a big time college and will be a p-5 in the Big 12 or ACC moving forward. Dreaming of all these schools joining the AAC is lame.

Reaction Score
Each situation is different, and things have changed. PACN has everything but rabid fans to watch. Big 12 schools have rabid fans. PAC 12 had issues with DirecTV due to no Central or Eastern time zone content. Surely you can do the math.

If Utah added value to the PAC I can assure you that TT would as well. But as always you are entitled to your opinion. I tend to think TT, TCU, OSU, KSU, and ISU would be a nice East division for the PAC.

But if you just want to pretend half the p-5 is worthless because you are insecure go for it. The TV ratings don't lie, nor do the facilites. WVU is a big time college and will be a p-5 in the Big 12 or ACC moving forward. Dreaming of all these schools joining the AAC is lame.

You're puffing yourself up , go for it. But it's pure delusion. These are either private schools or secondary schools in low population states. There is no market on the plains. I mean, they have a third of the population of Connecticut interested in those schools.

Why on earth do massive P12 schools want to subsidize the prairie?

Reaction Score
Again, that has no bearing on the value of the current p-5 schools. You are just changing the subject. UConn agreed to the same TV deal as everyone else in the AAC, they did not reject it at that time.

Your argument was that WVU only had good tv ratings because they play UT, which was clearly not correct.

So now what are you changing your point to?

How is that changing the subject? You're the one that said subscriber fee TV doesn't count any more. I said it's the whole reason UConn is moving.

And UConn didn't agree to the TV deal. THat's why today happened.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Maybe you should go back and look at my post history before you try to play your "Chicago Tribune" card. The last time I posted here was during realignment. And a cursory look will show I was on the inside of those discussions. I do TV contract analytics, and my clients are the Big Ten, ACC, Big 12, SEC, ESPN, ABC, Fox, and CBS. So...I'm not guessing. UConn had no shot at joining the Big Ten. You might as well be arguing with Jimmy Sexton about Nick Saban's last contract negotiation based on a "well placed source" at the Birmingham News. One of us has been on ESPN, ESPN Radio, and has 4 of the 5 P5 conference commissioners in his cell phone. And the other one is you.

Best wishes.

Do you know how the Big East handles T3 rights? Google isn’t bringing me any answers.

Reaction Score
Friars fans are the ones who need hopeless optimism.

Notre Dame had more hockey fans in Bridgeport than Providence for an NCAA regional, for God's sake.

Reaction Score
Where the heck were your alumni that day? Your players looked pissed that ND had more fans show up.

Reaction Score
With time, things change. Other than that, I don't care anymore. I got better things to focus on.

Reaction Score
I was being sarcastic....

College sports is nothing but pageantry.

Reaction Score
Hurley vs Cooley rivalry is back...

Emotional roller coaster. Gimme Prov. Gimme Nova. Gimme Johns. Gimme Marq. Gimme GTown. Gimme DePaul. Gimme Hall....

DADDY IS HOME!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak