Report from Gampel...skills work for posts | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Report from Gampel...skills work for posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
NCAA rules stipulate that out-of-season team workouts, termed "skill-related instruction" sessions, "shall not be publicized and shall not be conducted in view of a general public audience."
Well the girls are doing it also with Shea Ralph

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Coaches are allowed to work with two players at a time in the fall until practice starts, for two hours a week. As for it being private, the bylaws exist to ensure universities don't charge attendance fees.

Reaction Score
I think coaches can spend a few hours a week in individual workouts, at least that it used to be
Maybe so but chairs have unlimited hours to spend a week playing vicious post defense on our boys.

Reaction Score
Maybe so but chairs have unlimited hours to spend a week playing vicious post defense on our boys.
i kinda wish i had a wicked chair avatar now

SuperStock_4033-288.jpg

Reaction Score
Not to be a wet blanket, but unless we've got an exception, it's an NCAA violation to have supervised workouts now. Calls into question the validity of these reports. Just sayin'.
That's not true. They can have the whole team together for a supervised workout for 2 hours a week as long as school is in session. They can also do another so many hours (not sure how many) in groups of at most 3 players.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
They can also do another so many hours (not sure how many) in groups of at most 3 players.

Which is exactly what I saw: AO, Bradley and Olander; AD and Enosch; JL, SN and Boatright; Roscoe, DD and Giffey.

Reaction Score
There are 3 body types. Ectomorph, Mesomorph, and endomorph. A person is often times a cross between two of them. A pure Ectomorph is tall, thin, has narrow shoulders, and will have difficulty adding muscle and fat. A mesomorph has broad shoulders, a naturally muscular build, low body fat levels, and will easily be able to add muscle without adding fat. An endomorph has a similar build to a mesomorph, but will carry more body fat and will gain body fat more easily. An ecto-mesomorph is naturally thin, but will gain muscle fairly easily with weight training. If anyone has something to add, feel free.

are you a doctor or did you just stay at a holiday inn last night? awesome post,i feel smarter.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'm hoping dre can board and get all those putbacks you see in his videos

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
all these guys coming back and helping the current guys is going to pay off a lot... they must really be enjoying this

Reaction Score

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Man I could be stoned and blackout drunk and do a better job than those two.

Reaction Score
Man I could be stoned and blackout drunk and do a better job than those two.
Thanks for the great insight you have provided regarding the players and various practices. I certainly would have hired you to conduct the interviews. ;)

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Thanks for the great insight you have provided regarding the players and various practices. I certainly would have hired you to conduct the interviews. ;)
hahaha thanks alot, I enjoy hearing that I have a decent insight on each player's development. Unfortunately I feel this kind of stuff has more to do with who you know rather than how much you know about basketball. I mean, it's UCTV so I have no idea how it works but I kind of wished to know that they'd have some better guys reporting. I feel in my short time of watching college basketball I know more than most of these fools conducting interviews asking generic questions.

As someone noted, the girls and guys switch off on practices (plus someone said the coaches were somewhere on the recruiting trail, and I saw the girls shooting a bit around 1:15 today) so I bet they'll be practicing tomorrow. I'll check Gampel around the same time as Wednesday and will update with anything worth updating about. I really hope I get there in time to see how AO and Bradley are practicing. AO is going to have a massive impact this year no matter where he plays. He is by far our most experienced big.

Reaction Score
hahaha thanks alot, I enjoy hearing that I have a decent insight on each player's development. Unfortunately I feel this kind of stuff has more to do with who you know rather than how much you know about basketball. I feel in my short time of watching college basketball I know more than most of these fools conducting interviews asking generic questions
I see so much incompetence in the media relating to basketball analysis. Most of it structured around inherent bias. It would be interesting to start a national forum bringing all fans together under 1 roof to talk hoops in a moderated but open room. If a high quality 1 doesn't exist it would be an interesting concept. I think you hit it right on the nose by saying "Unfortunately I feel this kind of stuff has more to do with who you know rather than how much you know about basketball."

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Hmm, I just left Gampel a half hour ago but can't really remember much else to say about teh SFs.

typical.. college student unprepared, where's you pen & pad :)

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
It's pretty much my job to not be completely unprepared. Does anyone cut corners like a college kid does?

But I mean I really only saw like 10-15 minutes, and probably about 5 of those were them just warming up.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
It would be interesting to start a national forum bringing all fans together under 1 roof to talk hoops in a moderated but open room. If a high quality 1 doesn't exist it would be an interesting concept.

Kinda like this place?

Reaction Score
There has to be better people to host this/do interviews than these two dudes, they're brutal.

There were some good seniors that graduated in the Spring. Marcus Lynam is working at ESPN. The new guys need to step it up.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I see so much incompetence in the media relating to basketball analysis. Most of it structured around inherent bias. It would be interesting to start a national forum bringing all fans together under 1 roof to talk hoops in a moderated but open room. If a high quality 1 doesn't exist it would be an interesting concept. I think you hit it right on the nose by saying "Unfortunately I feel this kind of stuff has more to do with who you know rather than how much you know about basketball."

This would turn into a true show. See ESPN boards.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Saw the basketball team standing around outside the cemetery entrance today (absolutely no idea why hahaha) and AO had his shirt off. I was driving by so I didn't get a good look but from what I saw it looks like you kind kind of see his abs. That means that, assuming he wasn't before, most of that 240ish pound body is muscle. He's ready to average a double double this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom