Replacement for Jock Jams? | The Boneyard

Replacement for Jock Jams?

Reaction Score
While we are on the subject (sort of)....the music they play right before the starting lineups- when they want you to use your phone flashlight. They used to have a song that was great to swing your phone to the beat. Everyone was in synch. Now the song they use has kind of a weird rhythm where everyone is kind of trying to sway that phone to the beat... but it's hard to find the freakin beat. Anyone else notice?

Reaction Score
the jock jams are fine! it's no more or less played out than classic rock or top 40 stuff to me.

the only legitimately cool in-arena music is having an old-school organ player playing live.

Reaction Score
While we are on the subject (sort of)....the music they play right before the starting lineups- when they want you to use your phone flashlight. They used to have a song that was great to swing your phone to the beat. Everyone was in synch. Now the song they use has kind of a weird rhythm where everyone is kind of trying to sway that phone to the beat... but it's hard to find the freakin beat. Anyone else notice?
this is the song they play now, for people who haven't made it out to a home game. it's a legitimately great (and classic) song, but definitely not as conducive to the phone light thing. i forget what they were playing last year.

Reaction Score
Jock Jams was embarrassing 10-15 years ago but at this point I wonder if it's so out of date you'd actually consider it "retro" and therefore cool.

i'll shamefully admit that i love "strike it up" but I'm sure there are way better songs (and more up to date) to use.

Reaction Score
They want you to use the uconn huskies app and the app syncs your flashlight to the music. (Supposedly)

Reaction Score
They play Hate Me Now by nas. I believe the one before it was Ante Up by MOP which is maybe the best song to get pumped up to in the world, even though it’s about robbing people.

Reaction Score
They play Hate Me Now by nas. I believe the one before it was Ante Up by MOP which is maybe the best song to get pumped up to in the world, even though it’s about robbing people.
ooo good call. such a sick song.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Separate but related I went to the Penn State/Auburn game last year where they played “Livin On a Prayer” and I was shocked when kids 20+ years younger than me knew all of the words and seemed to be having a great time singing along. Certainly pumped me up!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
the jock jams are fine! it's no more or less played out than classic rock or top 40 stuff to me.

the only legitimately cool in-arena music is having an old-school organ player playing live.

I've always been partial to Lady of Spain on the arena organ but I realize it's not universally loved.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Separate but related I went to the Penn State/Auburn game last year where they played “Livin On a Prayer” and I was shocked when kids 20+ years younger than me knew all of the words and seemed to be having a great time singing along. Certainly pumped me up!

It's played a bunch at HS and college games. I'm pretty sure my teens know the chorus.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom