Replacement for Jock Jams? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Replacement for Jock Jams?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
All Bob Marley, all the time? The odds of finding music everyone likes are close to zero.

My 18 year old daughter knows and likes classic rock (because we raised her properly) but I was surprised to learn that lots of kids that age are into that music. I think the 80s era New Wave stuff especially appeals to lots of them.

Reaction Score
My high school hockey team skated out to AC/DC - Thunderstruck. Pretty dope.

But yeah, don’t mess with Jock Jams, Big Red, Red Panda or the Burrito Roll.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
All Bob Marley, all the time? The odds of finding music everyone likes are close to zero.

My 18 year old daughter knows and likes classic rock (because we raised her properly) but I was surprised to learn that lots of kids that age are into that music. I think the 80s era New Wave stuff especially appeals to lots of them.
80s music is underrated. It’s not great, but it is highly listenable.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
My high school hockey team skated out to AC/DC - Thunderstruck. Pretty dope.

But yeah, don’t mess with Jock Jams, Big Red, Red Panda or the Burrito Roll.
I manage my kid’s 8U hockey team (bc I can’t skate to save my life but wanted to be involved) and one of the perks is getting to pick the pregame/halftime music at the rink. Thunderstruck is near the top of the playlist along with Kickstart My Heart, various Van Halen hits, Eye of the Tiger (being that we’re close to Philly), Bon Jovi, etc. Almost all 80s/90s rock. The kids absolutely love it.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Ok I was going to come here as the 90s kid and defend this…but I could live with this…

Even if hhh and hbk are trash humans off screen

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
While we are on the subject (sort of)....the music they play right before the starting lineups- when they want you to use your phone flashlight. They used to have a song that was great to swing your phone to the beat. Everyone was in synch. Now the song they use has kind of a weird rhythm where everyone is kind of trying to sway that phone to the beat... but it's hard to find the freakin beat. Anyone else notice?

this is the song they play now, for people who haven't made it out to a home game. it's a legitimately great (and classic) song, but definitely not as conducive to the phone light thing. i forget what they were playing last year.

All time classic but the way they chopped it for the pregame video, there’s a point where it skips half a beat when the hook loops back.

Reaction Score
Colorado Avs games are great (amongst other things) because fans do the phone flashlight thing and come out after 2nd intermission to Baba O'Riley...good stuff

Reaction Score
Anyone remember when the "Let's get ready to rumble!" guy was at Gampel? I think it was the year we beat Duke for the first title. I know Kalid was on the team and Jake. The year Kahlid showed up I knew we had a team that could win the title. He brought that extra something that was needed and in Jake we had a center that could get up and down the floor but also hold his ground down low. Back to the thread I am going into the way back machine predating Jockjams. Jailbreak by Thin Lizzy is my recommendation for a new song. The live version that starts with the sirens.

Reaction Score
Sweet. Let's go with this for the next 20 years, then maybe we can graduate to Rollin' by Limp Bizkit.
You jest, but Rollin' really stands the test of time in my opinion, and the Urban Assault Vehicle Remix is even better than the original.

Reaction Score
this is the song they play now, for people who haven't made it out to a home game. it's a legitimately great (and classic) song, but definitely not as conducive to the phone light thing. i forget what they were playing last year.

One of the best songs of all time

Reaction Score
Yesssssssss
We should strive to be the biggest heels in the game. Everyone should hate us. Teams come to our court…can they win? No chance in hell!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom