Rentschlerfield development update. | The Boneyard

Rentschlerfield development update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Sounds lame in terms of impact on game day experience.

Reaction Score
Further? How has it beem hindered to date?

I believe Cabelas took a big chunk of tailgating area. One would assume more development around the stadium would take up further chunks of tailgating real estate. No?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
so now were going to kake our football stadium into a outlet mall? wtf is wrong with people???

Reaction Score
so now were going to kake our football stadium into a outlet mall? wtf is wrong with people???

Unfortunately, this is not new. It was known when the Rent was built. I am just going to hate to see what I believe is one of the best tailgating areas in the country become Clinton Crossings.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Well, now that WVU is officially off our future schedules we can probably reduce the size of the RV lot and build another outlet store or two.;)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
smh

unreal. the only news i want to hear on the rent is expansion, more parking lots for tg, or that they will alow parties/kegs/drinking games(all that gravy) in some of the parking lots. make some legal so its a adult choice thing...

Reaction Score
There is a lot of land there. I think it would be great and enhance the game day experience that may not want to tailgate after the game. Personally, I thought our stadium was a bit of an eyesore with so much nothing around it. It'll never be confused with an on campus stadium, but if you've been up to foxboro lately you have to like what Kraft did out there with the mall/movie theather/restaurants etc.

Reaction Score
smh

unreal. the only news i want to hear on the rent is expansion, more parking lots for tg, or that they will alow parties/kegs/drinking games(all that gravy) in some of the parking lots. make some legal so its a adult choice thing...

Kegs is never happening....especially after what happened at Yale a few months ago

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
As far as tailgating goes, this years set up us close to the final lot configuration. Access will be tweaked some for the final development but not much near the stadium. There will be.access near Augie and Rays/Wendy, but IMO it could get ugly near the Rte 2 on ramp.

As for tenets, I've only heard of interest from a few big box concerns. Nothing like the mixed use village that's been put out there, although that's what UTC wants. And don't buy this as a private project. UTC has put up.most.of.the.money but significant public dollars have been committed for the infrastructure improvements around the site.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Eventually, all game day parking will be north of the new access road. The gray lot near Cabelas is intended to be a hotel, although it could end up being a walking mall or other commercial space. There is concern about pedestrians crossing the finished road as it will be active during games.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It worked so well with the Hartford Civic Center...

Reaction Score
There is plenty of space at the Rent to add shops and still have plenty of space for gameday tailgating. Although far form the stadium, there is always planty of rooom between the car parking and the RV lot way back down the strip.

If they could make Rent Field a mini Patriot Place type spot, it would be very cool. Hopefully some bars/restaurants would be included in that project and that would add to a decent gameday environment for those who dont like to tailgate outside in the cold/blustery days of late October - December.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
The developer was responsible for and later removed from the Front Street project in Hartford. Remember we were getting an ESPNzone? I'm not holding my breath waiting for the promises to be fulfilled.

Reaction Score
If the finish product is half as nice as Patriot Place, it will be awesome.

Reaction Score
You guys don't know how good you have it (tailgating).

You have the best overall tailgating set up in the BE. Sure a few policies could be liberalized and hours extended but the tailgating experience is very good at the Rent.

Reaction Score
I think the Kraft's have done a great job in making Gillette Stadium a destination place. I agree with the previous sentiment that Rentschler Field could do a lot worse than taking some development hints from the Krafts.

Reaction Score
You guys don't know how good you have it (tailgating).

You have the best overall tailgating set up in the BE. Sure a few policies could be liberalized and hours extended but the tailgating experience is very good at the Rent.

I knew we had one of the best tailgating setups in the East. Then I started going to other big name schools, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, and realized that UCONN's tailgating is better. Obviously I think a lot has to do with the Stadium not being on campus so there is plenty of room right around the stadium. But I fear with all this development down the road, it is going to really hurt the atmosphere.

Reaction Score
Atmosphere and the right attractions that will support the game day atmosphere will be important... I want more hardcore fans that are decked out in uconn gear crowding our stands. I don't want rich yuppies coming in, telling people to sit down and stop cheering, come in at the end of the first quarter and leave in the third in order to get a dinner reservation or shop at the local coldwater creek.

I went to Ann Arbor and I liked the diversity of the place with sandwich shops, a Michigan gear store, and the main street had students and fans enjoying the festivities. In addition, the golf course was pretty much a 50,000 car parking lot for all the traditional tailgating fans. Hopefully Manuel can think of ways to get fans in their seats before kickoff.

Reaction Score
I knew we had one of the best tailgating setups in the East. Then I started going to other big name schools, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, and realized that UCONN's tailgating is better. Obviously I think a lot has to do with the Stadium not being on campus so there is plenty of room right around the stadium. But I fear with all this development down the road, it is going to really hurt the atmosphere.

There are better places when you throw in Gameday atmosphere, being on campus, etc...but UConn has one of the best tailgate setups along the lines of the NFL without the price. The Aircraft Club is my favorite tailgate lot in the Big East.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
God forbid East Hartford gets a chance to add to it's tax base.

Reaction Score
If you go to google maps and select satellite view it shows the Rent during game day with the stadium parking full. It only takes up about half of the former airport property. There's still plenty of space to develop without infringing upon stadium parking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom