Renting a Suite at the XL Center | The Boneyard

Renting a Suite at the XL Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do any of you know how to rent a suite for a game at the XL Center? Thanks.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
All I know is that they have the worst view of any sky boxes I've ever been in. I would rather watch the game at home. I attended one game as a guest in one and have declined several offers since.

Reaction Score
All I know is that they have the worst view of any sky boxes I've ever been in. I would rather watch the game at home. I attended one game as a guest in one and have declined several offers since.

I thought it's more about the food and drink and company than actually seeing the game. I mean, you're already a mile away... ;)

Reaction Score
XL is a dump and this is one of many reasons

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I thought it's more about the food and drink and company than actually seeing the game. I mean, you're already a mile away... ;)
The food, drink and company are almost always better at home, too. I watch most games alone.

I like the MSG boxes. I've been in several there . The sight lines are good. The food and drink is usually meh, but the price is right. The thing I like best is having a private bathroom and a place to hang my coat.

Reaction Score
Do any of you know how to rent a suite for a game at the XL Center? Thanks.

I called the box office today, and couldn't believe what I learned: for single games, a box of 10 costs $2750 and a box of 12 costs $3300. The best part? It's a cash bar.

You read that correctly: $275 per seat, pinned to the roof of an ugly 45-year-old arena, arguably the worst seats in the place, all without a single free drink or hors d'oeuvres.

No wonder they're always empty.

Reaction Score
I called the box office today, and couldn't believe what I learned: for single games, a box of 10 costs $2750 and a box of 12 costs $3300. The best part? It's a cash bar.

You read that correctly: $275 per seat, pinned to the roof of an ugly 45-year-old arena, arguably the worst seats in the place, all without a single free drink or hors d'oeuvres.

No wonder they're always empty.

Oh, and a case of Bud cans isn't 19.99 either. I don't know the exacts but I was in one for a work event and the rep was dumbfounded at the cost for half cooked wings, soggy nachos and cans of Bud.

Reaction Score
Check the link I posted. There is a link to the menu, the cost floored me.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The Yard did a sky box party back in 2000. Great turnout. Can't remember if there was food or drink.

CTO organized that one

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The Yard did a sky box party back in 2000. Great turnout. Can't remember if there was food or drink.

CTO organized that one

There was - that was a good time.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Check the link I posted. There is a link to the menu, the cost floored me.

Expensive, but I've seen worse. The cash bar is BS though. Paying $20-$40 per head is justifiable with open bar.

Reaction Score

I used to attend occasional Whaler games in both sky boxes and the coliseum club - both are AWFUL seats. Never saw a UConn game from up there though. I did attend a Billy Joel concert from the sky boxes, and that was pretty decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom