Reninder: Recruiting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Reninder: Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My posts are Chinese water torture for nitwits like you.

This is the length I will go to in order to get the message to penetrate your dense wooden skull.

For a long time I have held the opinion that posters on this board who scan a new commits offer list and then immediately post complaining about recruiting should be condemned to having a bad day. Other posters are welcoming the new player aboard and you are basically saying you are not good enough. My advice to you is don't be a .

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For a long time I have held the opinion that posters on this board who scan a new commits offer list and then immediately post complaining about recruiting should be condemned to having a bad day.

Bad day? How about 10 years + losing seasons and football team that will be shuttered in the next 10 years?

Edsall couldn’t recruit a fat kid to a KFC buffet.

You want better results. Hire someone that can actually recruit at the FBS level.

Reaction Score
You’re wasting your time. Pudge strongly believes in his own infallibility, and doesn’t take any information to the contrary well.

none of you guys can make a strong player by player case on Edsalls choices for scholarship athletes

The problem isn’t that part of his HC requirements. The Depth was awful after Diaco with limited skill players and very thin Line depth. No Linebackers.

To
@Pudge The counter argument is not about recruiting 4 and 5 stars, its about recruiting three stars that actually have G5 and even P5 offers. Its that simple.

I haven't done exhaustive research, maybe @UConnJim will post something since he has shown a willingness to do some digging around here, but so far in the Edsall 2.0 era you haven't seen much on the dirty diamond front. Yeah, I know we have two years to go in order to have more juniors/seniors, but the early results already suggest strongly that dirty diamonds aren't as plentiful today as in the 2000s. The access to film, the awareness of HS coaches, the awareness of the kids themselves is just so much more. I'm sure Randy would say his 2.0 staff has to look at 4x as many kids as he did in the 1.0 era just because the competition to find talent is dialed up. When the college coaches arent turning over stones, the prep schools are looking for PG talent.

You haven’t done the research. You haven’t watched the signing lists of Buffalo, Temple, Rutgers, Villanova, Penn State, Massachusetts, Maryland, Towson, Pitt, Syracuse, BC, UNH, Delaware, James Madison, Cincinnati, Stony Brook ... for 15 years.

you are spouting Magic. That’s not what gets UCONN to a far better platform than we are. It’s not how Temple rose (funny that they are essentially the inverse course of Rutgers talent).

3 stars are not easily going to Storrs. Fantasy Football by youse guys. There’s only 2 outliers - to reference modern college recruiting - Prep schools in our backyard & the rise of Quebec/Ontario football in quality (with no scholarship programs). Other than that ... key positions HAVE to be harvests of FL or GA or TX maybe OH. Western PA has fallen off a cliff for us & others. 20% of our class CAN be solid New England kids that still need Development. The rest of your annual class has to be elsewise. And getting 3 stars from FL or MD/DC/VA or GA is a slug for us today.

Reaction Score
Pudge hates this recruit. He’s not from CANADA, he has other P5 FBS offers and he already has size and knows how to play football.

as we saw with MSL soccer ... you’ll argue a stupid debate point for years

Keep on with your blather. Yes. UCONN Jim Exit 4 etc actually research, read, follow & think.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
For a long time I have held the opinion that posters on this board who scan a new commits offer list and then immediately post complaining about recruiting should be condemned to having a bad day. Other posters are welcoming the new player aboard and you are basically saying you are not good enough. My advice to you is don't be a .

Would you prefer a longitudinal analysis of our recruiting?

Discussion Boards are reactionary places -- really not sure what you expect.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
none of you guys can make a strong player by player case on Edsalls choices for scholarship athletes

The problem isn’t that part of his HC requirements. The Depth was awful after Diaco with limited skill players and very thin Line depth. No Linebackers.

To

You haven’t done the research. You haven’t watched the signing lists of Buffalo, Temple, Rutgers, Villanova, Penn State, Massachusetts, Maryland, Towson, Pitt, Syracuse, BC, UNH, Delaware, James Madison, Cincinnati, Stony Brook ... for 15 years.

you are spouting Magic. That’s not what gets UCONN to a far better platform than we are. It’s not how Temple rose (funny that they are essentially the inverse course of Rutgers talent).

3 stars are not easily going to Storrs. Fantasy Football by youse guys. There’s only 2 outliers - to reference modern college recruiting - Prep schools in our backyard & the rise of Quebec/Ontario football in quality (with no scholarship programs). Other than that ... key positions HAVE to be harvests of FL or GA or TX maybe OH. Western PA has fallen off a cliff for us & others. 20% of our class CAN be solid New England kids that still need Development. The rest of your annual class has to be elsewise. And getting 3 stars from FL or MD/DC/VA or GA is a slug for us today.
You are off the rails with pixie dust

Reaction Score
You are off the rails with pixie dust

give me your list of 3 & 4 Stars that we could have gotten from NE or NY ... and we still aren’t at Temple level. We don’t have quality depth or experience. And the last 2 weeks we got worse.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score

Go ahead. Do the research. Pretend this is an unanswered question and give us the full analysis, the charts, the graphs, everything you've got.

Everyone else already knows the conclusion, though.

Reaction Score
as we saw with MSL soccer ... you’ll argue a stupid debate point for years

Keep on with your blather. Yes. UCONN Jim Exit 4 etc actually research, read, follow & think.

MLS buddy. If you’re going to fellate that mediocrity too, at least get it right.

I’m going to start referring to your clowns as BusinessPudge to invent and simplify.

here’s a clue or two for you:

1. This whole “developmental program” thing. It’s not actually a thing that is happening. There isn’t any real progress happening on that. You’re arguing for a continuation of something that isn’t reality.

2. Yes you have to hire salesmen. College football is a recruiting game and Randy is not good at it.

This is not debateable.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
give me your list of 3 & 4 Stars that we could have gotten from NE or NY ... and we still aren’t at Temple level. We don’t have quality depth or experience. And the last 2 weeks we got worse.
This is stupid. For starters I never said four stars. All people are saying is that you have to recruit at Temple’s level (or other G5) if you want to beat a school like Temple or other G5. That’s not controversial with 98% of college football fandom.

Why don’t you tell us which kid with zero or one FBS offer on the current roster that was recruited by Edsall is going to make us a winner or someone that gets real NFL opportunities? I don’t want talk about guys that merely make us better because we haven’t achieved “better” anything yet.

I’ll give you one head start- Fogle might be one of these kids- gonna have to wait four years to find out.

Reaction Score
Go ahead. Do the research. Pretend this is an unanswered question and give us the full analysis, the charts, the graphs, everything you've got.

Everyone else already knows the conclusion, though.

Which is what?
Pasqualoni & Diaco & Edsall all got similar Star evaluative quality. Rutgers (with bias) got far better.

Let me give you the qualitative theory - that you guys hate - it’s not an “efficient market”. Not ready for Black-Scholes.

My solution is ... Comparative buy. Get Lance Leipold of Buffalo. But you don’t get far better Stars. You get year after year of GREAT evaluations & Development

Reaction Score
This is stupid. For starters I never said four stars. All people are saying is that you have to recruit at Temple’s level (or other G5) if you want to beat a school like Temple or other G5. That’s not controversial with 98% of college football fandom.

Why don’t you tell us which kid with zero or one FBS offer on the current roster that was recruited by Edsall is going to make us a winner or someone that gets real NFL opportunities? I don’t want talk about guys that merely make us better because we haven’t achieved “better” anything yet.

Are we agreed that virtually none of Diaco’s guys rose to that qualitative level?

Folunruso

Reaction Score
Reminder: Don't start stupid threads.

There are numerous threads complaining about the coach. This was totally unnecessary and the timing of it (coming right after we welcome a new recruit) stinks quite frankly.

Thread should be deleted IMO.
I concur

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Are we agreed that virtually none of Diaco’s guys rose to that qualitative level?

Folunruso
Straw man - no one said Diaco recruited well. Did Diaco recruits even have FBS offers- some did- many didn’t have much.

Reaction Score
MLS buddy. If you’re going to fellate that mediocrity too, at least get it right.

I’m going to start referring to your clowns as BusinessPudge to invent and simplify.

here’s a clue or two for you:

1. This whole “developmental program” thing. It’s not actually a thing that is happening. There isn’t any real progress happening on that. You’re arguing for a continuation of something that isn’t reality.

2. Yes you have to hire salesmen. College football is a recruiting game and Randy is not good at it.

This is not debateable.

You are basically new to the Football board with this pablum. A Genius, however, in whining.

We had NO linebackers after Diaco of “UCONN “ best quality. The DLine was frightening. Look at the 2nd & 1st year kids ... they are better today than Diaco’s 4 year arc.

I’m not arguing for Edsall as a HC. I’m just laughing at the notion that (1) the concentric market has abundant football opportunities of 3 star; and (2) a NEW guy reals in that scant world or reaches to deeper opportunities and regularly wins kids. You find RAW & move them up. Particularly LINE & LB & QB

Reaction Score
I concur

That’s my objection too. A kid we really want & sought commits. And the Yahoo whines about his lack of “pedigree “. Go bet horses ... you’ll find that more interesting

Reaction Score

Can we at least attempt to be intellectually honest? We don’t even need to get into 3-4 star players. How about kids that have more than just FCS offers. Like, solid 2 star types. Could we at least start there?

Reaction Score
Which is what?
Pasqualoni & Diaco & Edsall all got similar Star evaluative quality. Rutgers (with bias) got far better.

Let me give you the qualitative theory - that you guys hate - it’s not an “efficient market”. Not ready for Black-Scholes.

My solution is ... Comparative buy. Get Lance Leipold of Buffalo. But you don’t get far better Stars. You get year after year of GREAT evaluations & Development

I wish Randy and his staff were as good as Buffalo. What you are describing has not yet occurred during Randy 2.0 and it doesn’t look like it will anytime soon.

Reaction Score
You are basically new to the Football board with this pablum. A Genius, however, in whining.

We had NO linebackers after Diaco of “UCONN “ best quality. The DLine was frightening. Look at the 2nd & 1st year kids ... they are better today than Diaco’s 4 year arc.

I’m not arguing for Edsall as a HC. I’m just laughing at the notion that (1) the concentric market has abundant football opportunities of 3 star; and (2) a NEW guy reals in that scant world or reaches to deeper opportunities and regularly wins kids. You find RAW & move them up. Particularly LINE & LB & QB

LOL. I’m new to this board? I’ve been here as long as you. I’ve been here since scout. Do you have dementia too?

Concentric again? Is that your word of the month?

Reaction Score
Matt Peart did pretty well.

Peart was a terrific Husky who will play on Sundays. I did a google search and found this interesting blurb from 2014 regarding Peart's commitment to UCONN. Notably he was a 2 star recruit whose other offer was from Albany. According to ZooCougar's method of recruiting evaluation Peart wasn't good enough for UCONN, you know FCS talent.

"Matthew Peart, a 6-foot-8, 265 offensive tackle from Byfield, MA verbally committed to UConn on November 12th. Peart plays defense as well, but projects as a blind side protector at the next level. He is currently rated 2-stars by Rivals.com and had one other offer from Albany"

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Peart was a terrific Husky who will play on Sundays. I did a google search and found this interesting blurb from 2014 regarding Peart's commitment to UCONN. Notably he was a 2 star recruit whose other offer was from Albany. According to ZooCougar's method of recruiting evaluation Peart wasn't good enough for UCONN, you know FCS talent.

"Matthew Peart, a 6-foot-8, 265 offensive tackle from Byfield, MA verbally committed to UConn on November 12th. Peart plays defense as well, but projects as a blind side protector at the next level. He is currently rated 2-stars by Rivals.com and had one other offer from Albany"

When we have signed 25 players like that then come back and talk to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom