Reninder: Recruiting | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Reninder: Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
MetsMan and Pudge have nothing but blind faith. 10 years of recruiting badly will surely pay off soon, right?

Reaction Score
MetsMan and Pudge have nothing but blind faith. 10 years of recruiting badly will surely pay off soon, right?

10 years? RE2.0's first full recruiting class were sophomores and redshirt freshmen this year. Get your facts straight.

I couldn't care less if you fired the coach right now, but this thread about recruiting stinks. I highly doubt whoever you would bring in would do much better.

I do know that Ross, Drayton, and Jeffreys all look like they belong at the FBS level. I know Rose looks like he belongs, I know Jack Zergiotis has an NFL arm and has a chance to be really good if not special. I know Mensah has a chance to be our all time leading rusher. I know Haynes has a chance to be really good. I know Jayce Medlock looks promising, I know Ugulak, Travis Jones and Kevon Jones all look like they belong. I know Morgan looked like he belongs. I know Jackson Mitchell looks like he belongs, I know Keshawn Paul looks like he belongs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Only way to move forward is forget the Diaco years. Recruiting wise, that was a time of more misses than hits.

A lot of this is made worse because Edsall is the worst coach i have ever seen when he gets behind a podium. Too much blaming of players when losses mount but will dislocate his shoulder patting himself on the back when things go right. Take all the blame and all the credit or vice versa and give it all to the players.

Reaction Score
10 years? RE2.0's first full recruiting class were sophomores and redshirt freshmen this year. Get your facts straight.

I couldn't care less if you fired the coach right now, but this thread about recruiting stinks. I highly doubt whoever you would bring in would do much better.

I do know that Ross, Drayton, and Jeffreys all look like they belong at the FBS level. I know Rose looks like he belongs, I know Jack Zergiotis has an NFL arm and has a chance to be really good if not special. I know Mensah has a chance to be our all time leading rusher. I know Haynes has a chance to be really good. I know Jayce Medlock looks promising, I know Ugulak, Travis Jones and Kevon Jones all look like they belong. I know Morgan looked like he belongs. I know Jackson Mitchell looks like he belongs, I know Keshawn Paul looks like he belongs.

1-11 & 2-10

Maybe what you think you know and what actually is are two very different things.

Reaction Score
When we sign 25 players who are two star recruits? We'll do much better than that.

sign 25 potential draft picks? Randy didn’t even recruit Peart. Randy is basically recruiting 25 Rob Lunns.

Reaction Score

How many years of doing the same thing until you realize something drastic needs to change? We’ve been last in recruiting and in the standings year in year out.

Reaction Score

Jack Zergiotis has "it" and also an NFL arm now! LOL.

Reaction Score

Imagine being a Ride or Die Edsall fan. Wow.

Reaction Score
DB is insanely stupid saying he’s giving him 5 recruiting classes, and even more insane actually believing he should. What a friggin clown.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
DB is insanely stupid saying he’s giving him 5 recruiting classes, and even more insane actually believing he should. What a friggin clown.

You've gotta read between the lines.

Did Benedict believe that Diaco should have 5 years of his own recruits? No. So what does this tell us? One of two things:

1) He believes that Edsall is the right guy for the job still and is willing to give him a little more leash.

2) He believes that Edsall is the best we're willing to pay for right now.

That's the only two reasonable ways his comment makes sense to me. He's clearly shown that he's willing to fire someone without 5 years under their belts...

Reaction Score
You've gotta read between the lines.

Did Benedict believe that Diaco should have 5 years of his own recruits? No. So what does this tell us? One of two things:

1) He believes that Edsall is the right guy for the job still and is willing to give him a little more leash.

2) He believes that Edsall is the best we're willing to pay for right now.

That's the only two reasonable ways his comment makes sense to me. He's clearly shown that he's willing to fire someone without 5 years under their belts...

If it’s number one then DB needs to go too. That is absolute crazy talk insanity. Edsall has been an unmitigated failure in his second go round here.

If it’s number 2? We got problems. Am I correct there is no buyout right now? there are plenty of coaches (way better than edsall) who would take his salary.

Reaction Score
If you’re an FBS team you are not supposed to recruit FCS players.

If you are then your recruiting is broken.

The longer Randy stays here, the deeper the hole gets.

This is why the team is so bad. We’re a bad FCS team with a few more scholarships.You are what you eat.

Probably shoulda told Diaco this and avoided this whole mess

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
If you’re an FBS team you are not supposed to recruit FCS players.

If you are then your recruiting is broken.

The longer Randy stays here, the deeper the hole gets.

This is why the team is so bad. We’re a bad FCS team with a few more scholarships.You are what you eat.

You want to go through the list of so-called not ready for UConn level football and how many excelled at UConn?
Lutrus, Dixon, Lansanah, Beatty, Branch, Taylor, Julius Williams, Hicks, Wilson, McClain, Reyes, Mike Ryan, Griffin, Sio Moore, Trevado Williams, and Shamar Stephens to name a few who were not recruited by FBS programs.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You want to go through the list of so-called not ready for UConn level football and how many excelled at UConn?
Lutrus, Dixon, Lansanah, Beatty, Branch, Taylor, Julius Williams, Hicks, Wilson, McClain, Reyes, Mike Ryan, Griffin, Sio Moore, Trevado Williams, and Shamar Stephens to name a few who were not recruited by FBS programs.

Do you realize we've finished above .500 twice in league play I believe twice in just about 20 years? What does that tell you?

Reaction Score
I think the point is not every guy can be a flyer or complete diamond in the rough. The odds are heavily against you. Once in a while you’ve got to pick up a few certified game changers to build a nucleus around.

Reaction Score
Showing here & slamming kids on the Day they committed to the University of Connecticut is disrespectful *t garbage. You puked all over.

it’s disrespectful for that athlete & his family. It is disrespectful to the Fanbase - who frankly don’t need you to remind us about the 2-10 season or the 5 wins in three years.

Desmond Fogle - from my view - committed a long time ago. It’s not fair to say he only had offers from Campbell & Savannah State. And ... it’s probably true that UConn coaches told him to be on the down low. He probably didn’t answer his phones nor had his HC promote him

Boneyard Guys need to crow about how important they are.

Reaction Score

that was over a decade ago Bill. Welcome to 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom