Reminder... Tenn at Rutgers tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Reminder... Tenn at Rutgers tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I can't remember the last RU-TN game that wasn't strange. Shot clock issues, losing big leads, travel problems.

I don't know who will win, but something interesting will happen.
especially if Tenn wins

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Who wins now really isn't important March and April is when it will count, but then again any TN loss is like a Yankee loss.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Who wins now really isn't important March and April is when it will count, but then again any TN loss is like a Yankee loss.
Don't mention the Yankees and LVs in the same sentence. You know how upset the humorless get over the Evil Empire references.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Don't mention the Yankees and LVs in the same sentence. You know how upset the humorless get over the Evil Empire references.

The owner of my favorite fried chicken joint failed to see the humor when I stopped by to pick up an order last week for Messrs Beckett and Lester. I can't imagine why !

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
The owner of my favorite fried chicken joint failed to see the humor when I stopped by to pick up an order last week for Messrs Beckett and Lester. I can't imagine why !
..you forgot the beer, that's why!

Reaction Score
crazy how RU has everyone from last year back and then some, hopefully they make some noise in the big east .. just not against uconn lol

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see how both teams respond to the constant defensive pressure they both like to play. Tenn was pretty sloppy against DePaul and RU is always sloppy with the ball. Could be an ugly game. Both coaches aren't known for their offensive minds.

Reaction Score
This is one of the few games that I will be rooting for Rutgers. It would take an act of god for me to root for Tennessee.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
This is one of the few games that I will be rooting for Rutgers. It would take an act of god for me to root for Tennessee.

A perfect example of "the lesser of two evils" !

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I feel like Tennessee has our number sometimes. I was at the clockwork orange game, incidently. Felt worse than the game we threw away the lead, since, we knew we (technically) won the game. The game we lost the big lead, well, we lost it.

The one win in the CVS era was epic, part of the program's best week ever, a huge comeback win at Texas, then Tennessee and LSU at home - all highly ranked (LSU was, I think, #1) that year.

Also part of the history - pre CVS - the "ice storm" game. Pat took her #1 Tennessee players for a night out in NY before playing unranked Rutgers during a huge ice storm (small crowd). RU player Caroline deRoose went off, and it was the first loss for a #1 team to someone unranked, ever. Subsequently, RU made history a few years later when they also upsot #2 Notre Dame while unranked, becoming the only program to do both feats.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The game has Tennesse up by one with seven seconds remaining and the clock stops giving Rutgers three chances to make the winning basket as the clock runs out. Rutgers by one 57-56. Imus interviews the team after this exciting finish.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Is this game streaming anywhere? I have no cable tonight, and would like to see the game rather than depend on Gametracker.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Try ESPN3 -- just checked and it is on the 3

Reaction Score
I can't remember the last RU-TN game that wasn't strange. Shot clock issues, losing big leads, travel problems.

I don't know who will win, but something interesting will happen.

Power goes out for 3 hours, freak pipe burst in the locker room floods the floor and leads to a 3 hour delay and shorts out the game and shot clock. Four players left on the court for each team after all the starters and first off the benchers foul out. Phantom foul turns the ball over with 1.6 seconds left in the 5th overtime. Game ends around 3:15 AM with a 3/4 shot at the buzzer. Score? 142-139. Not saying who wins.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Power goes out for 3 hours, freak pipe burst in the locker room floods the floor and leads to a 3 hour delay and shorts out the game and shot clock. Four players left on the court for each team after all the starters and first off the benchers foul out. Phantom foul turns the ball over with 1.6 seconds left in the 5th overtime. Game ends around 3:15 AM with a 3/4 shot at the buzzer. Score? 142-139. Not saying who wins.
Chapette has nailed it! The exact scenario! Except, the 5-overtime score is 42-39. :D

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Rutgers can't hit the broadside of a barn right now.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Rutgers can't hit the broadside of a barn right now.

Neither can the LV's. Almost glad I can't watch this. Is it defensive pressure or just ineptness?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
4-2 after four minutes and 15 seconds. And the D hasn't been that good. Ugh.

D has been OK, but mostly just ineptness on O.

Reaction Score
Man, this game is terrible! Both teams cant do anything. Typical ref bail out for Tenn. It's the only way for them to score right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom