Reminder: Coach P didn't recruit any of these players | The Boneyard

Reminder: Coach P didn't recruit any of these players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can't polish a turd, as they say.

I can see why Edsall ducked out when he did.

Reaction Score
this is on Johnny Mac, the receivers and oline

Reaction Score
There were some very questionable play calls in this game. Coach P is not without blame.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
He did recruit our defense. This game is on the coaches...period.

Iowa State is going to throttle us next weekend. Won't be pretty.

Reaction Score
So is it fair to be critical of the run-run-pass-punt-repeat play calling we saw 20 times today?

Reaction Score
Our offensive roster was pitiful heading into the season.

Again, I can see why Edsall ducked out when he did. He probably wouldn't have gotten another job if he had stayed for this season.

Reaction Score
I wasnt too optimistic this upcoming season to begin with all I want is a qb who doesnt turn the ball repeatedly over just no excuse for a 5th year senior to do that

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Can't polish a turd, as they say.

I can see why Edsall ducked out when he did.

Let me know when they can get 11 guys on the field and a play called and we'll talk some shop.

Reaction Score
Uh, sorry

This one is on HCPP. My favorite was when he let 17 seconds run off before calling our 2nd timeout of the second half so that he could diagram a 4th and 16 pay, which ended up being a hail-mary huck down the right sideline.

Excellent call coach!

Reaction Score
this is on Coach P and the rest of the offensive coaches as well

Reaction Score
Uh, sorry

This one is on HCPP. My favorite was when he let 17 seconds run off before calling our 2nd timeout of the second half so that he could diagram a 4th and 16 pay, which ended up being a hail-mary huck down the right sideline.

Excellent call coach!

My mistake there, my REAL favoite was turning 2nd and Goal on the 2 into 3rd and goal on the 11 by shuffling QBs, running the wishbone, and almost getting 2 consecutive delay of game penalties. That was a tremendous display.

Reaction Score
I didn't say his in-game coaching was perfect, or even good, but ck, when you have these QBs, no coach's gameplan is going to look good.

Reaction Score
You're right, a different coach would have turned McEntee into Dan Marino :rolleyes:
No jerkoff. I understand he didnt recruit these players, but they are the ones he's got until he either retires or gets run out of town.

A good manager plays to his strengths - as much as I hate to say it that is what Edsall did. He knew we couldn't pass so he rand the freaking ball 50 times.

P and and his geriatrics are trying to fit a square peg in a reound hole.

Reaction Score
Not to mention, this was game number 1 against a real team.

I can already tell this is gonna be a fun season on the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
all I know is we lost to VANDERBILT WE LOST TO VANDERBILT WE LOST TO VANDERBILT WE LOST TO VANDERBILT, a program that had a losing record with Jay Cutler at qb, nuff said.

Reaction Score
There were some very questionable play calls in this game. Coach P is not without blame.
Oh come on, I really thought the 1st down play with McCummings was brilliant. Heck, it seems to me that when he's in they only run, and I'd guess that smart kids like Vandy might have known this but way to catch them off guard. Can you say 2nd and long.

Reaction Score
This debacle is on head PP. we have solid personell. This was a coaching abortion plain and simple.

Reaction Score
The biggest mistake P made was leaving Mac in at QB after the pick 6 in the 4th. McCummings would have been a better choice going with option. Couldn't be worse.

McCombs was beat up and gimpy at the end. Shoemate better be hurt or else P messed up there as well.

We play much better at home so I expect a close game next week. Pick a QB other than Mac and stick with him.

My choice is McCummings and option, option, option.

Might be a tough year. The jury is still out. Remember it only really counts in BE play. They rebounded from the UL game last year.

Too early to panic.

Reaction Score
My favorite play was the 3rd and 15 on the last drive when we had TWO wide receivers on the field. I can still hear the announcers "Coverage sack". How shocking, 3rd and 15, we run two guys down the field and neither is open. Stunning.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Coach P was brutal tonight.

That goal line abomination (delay of game, timeout) was one of the worst sequences I have ever seen in UConn football.

How about giving Nebrich a series?

What does Shoemate have to do to get a carry??? 1 fumble v Michigan over a year ago and the guy has been completely written off. McCombs is 5'8" for christ sake. We got lucky with FHCRE running Todmann into the ground without a serious injury. I doubt that happens two years in a row.

Just all around, this was definitely a top 10 worst UConn football loss of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom