Reminder: Ciera to play tonight? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Reminder: Ciera to play tonight?

Reaction Score
What? No posts saying she should shut down till next season? :)

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Some bad news here for her and her team....hope her recovery goes well and she is ready for her senior year
season. We know that players have come back from this injury to be 100%...no guarantees of course but hoping
that is C's future. Maybe she can reach out to older players who have gone thru this and get some wisdom
from an entirely too large crowd.

BTW: I checked to see who Dunmore is playing tomorrow in the state tourney. They have advanced so far with some
big games from their Drexel-bound player. With a record of 24-1 Dunmore plays Jim Thorpe High Wednesday...27-1.
Who did JTH lose to ? Dunmore in the regular season....49-45. That was with Ciera....without her Dunmore faces a
super-tough match-up. Hopefully Ciera's senior season ends up with her on the court 12 months from now....last game being a win.

What are the chances that Ciera will still have many wonderful choices of college scholarships? 100%.
Chances of any school backing off? A guess...close to nil.

Best wishes to Ciera. Hey...her golf team will miss her as well as the hoop squad.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Some bad news here for her and her team....hope her recovery goes well and she is ready for her senior year
season. We know that players have come back from this injury to be 100%...no guarantees of course but hoping
that is C's future. Maybe she can reach out to older players who have gone thru this and get some wisdom
from an entirely too large crowd.

BTW: I checked to see who Dunmore is playing tomorrow in the state tourney. They have advanced so far with some
big games from their Drexel-bound player. With a record of 24-1 Dunmore plays Jim Thorpe High Wednesday...27-1.
Who did JTH lose to ? Dunmore in the regular season....49-45. That was with Ciera....without her Dunmore faces a
super-tough match-up. Hopefully Ciera's senior season ends up with her on the court 12 months from now....last game being a win.

What are the chances that Ciera will still have many wonderful choices of college scholarships? 100%.
Chances of any school backing off? A guess...close to nil.

Best wishes to Ciera. Hey...her golf team will miss her as well as the hoop squad.
Wow, really wasn't expecting that. We still should go after her, but the good news is she still has another year to rehab. She may inquire as to who really supports her now, and I think we will definitely continue to do so. If she does commit to us, Geno should make it perfectly clear to her, her parents, and her High School BB coach that she does not even attempt to come back unless she is completely healed. I don't know if he is allowed to say anything until signing day, but I believe she is talented enough to contribute to our team in a big way.

Reaction Score
She has an offer. Unless you know something we don’t.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Wow, really wasn't expecting that. We still should go after her, but the good news is she still has another year to rehab. She may inquire as to who really supports her now, and I think we will definitely continue to do so. If she does commit to us, Geno should make it perfectly clear to her, her parents, and her High School BB coach that she does not even attempt to come back unless she is completely healed. I don't know if he is allowed to say anything until signing day, but I believe she is talented enough to contribute to our team in a big way.
Hoping for a full recovery for C first and foremost. Geno cannot make anything clear to her as you are suggesting because she has not signed a national letter of intent and she is not eligible to sign until ~ mid-November of 2022. Ciera is holding a UCONN offer and I'm pretty certain Geno and the staff will stand by the offer despite this injury. Once she signs a national letter of intent the UCONN medical and training staff is able to assist in her rehabilitation and recovery as was done for Caroline Doty and as South Carolina did for Laeticia Amihere. Until that letter gets signed Geno and the staff can't even publicly acknowledge this injury although privately I'm sure the staff has called to express ther support.
Sad Big Brother GIF by Big Brother Australia

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
After her surgery and an appropriate time to get the healing started I do wonder if she might make
an unofficial visit or two. A player can also make an official visit in the spring of her junior year...correct?
Once on campus...any campus...I'm sure there would be discussions about her injury and projected
recovery. She would not be impeded by NCAA rules in talking to coaches or current players...would she?
How about stopping by medical staff during the unofficial/official visit...is that allowed if she wished to?

With some good fortune and hard work she will still be an elite 2023 player. Might be fun for her...assuming her medical folks give the OK...to stop by a regional to see some high level hoops...which she will be playing in 2 years...and 3 and 4 and 5. With admitted bias I can think of one such regional she might enjoy.

Best of luck to Ciera.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Well...my fingers are suddenly crossed. It is just possible that even on this august board an error or two can be made...though rare [kinda].
Appreciate your pursuing this, Sluconn.

Reaction Score
Hoping for a full recovery for C first and foremost. Geno cannot make anything clear to her as you are suggesting because she has not signed a national letter of intent and she is not eligible to sign until ~ mid-November of 2022. Ciera is holding a UCONN offer and I'm pretty certain Geno and the staff will stand by the offer despite this injury. Once she signs a national letter of intent the UCONN medical and training staff is able to assist in her rehabilitation and recovery as was done for Caroline Doty and as South Carolina did for Laeticia Amihere. Until that letter gets signed Geno and the staff can't even publicly acknowledge this injury although privately I'm sure the staff has called to express ther support.
Sad Big Brother GIF by Big Brother Australia
Similar story, just to share. I went to High School in Western PA, and ran track. One of our competitors was Hopewell High School with a sprinter named Tony Dorsett... some may remember him, full scholarship to Pitt, NFL with Dallas...etc. Track season started when the weather was still not very warm, and early season strained muscles were fairly common. The story goes that Tony Dorsett strained a ham string muscle in one of those early meets. The word got to the Head Coach at PITT... Johnny Majors. Coach Majors reportedly called Tony to check on him... and ended the conversation with words to the effect of "Tony, your track season is over."
Biggest difference with Cierra is Tony had signed his LOI long the fall before the injury.

Last edited:

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Well...Dunmore has a game to play tonight...I hope an interested party can add some news
to this situation...preferably good news....via some cutting edge internet wisdom.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Well...Dunmore has a game to play tonight...I hope an interested party can add some news
to this situation...preferably good news....via some cutting edge internet wisdom.

Dunmore's game is tomorrow.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Sluconn: my error....I hope you can come up with some [good] news about her condition with the game
being played this evening. Playing or not playing? More importantly the status of her injury.
Hoping for the best...but my bet is she'll have a wonderful basketball career going forward regardless.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Must have been quite a game.
Dunmore leads at the half 25-11.
Jim Thorpe comes back to win at the buzzer.

Note: Dunmore....with Ciera... gave JT its only regular season defeat....49-45.
Props to the Dunmore team for putting up a great fight last night without Ciera!

Reaction Score
but what would whoever the adults are that spend their time making highlight videos and ranking 7th graders do?

Reaction Score
well the good news is UConn has recruited and signed many players with serious knee injuries and for the most part they've gone on to have incredibly productive careers.,......Gabby is a shining past example and she had both knees seriously torn up......on the current roster Ducharme, Fudd, ONO, and Griffin have all been through it in high school............

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom