Reminder: 1:30pm EST ESPNU Gold Medal Game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Reminder: 1:30pm EST ESPNU Gold Medal Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
79-62 3:17 left in the game. Bria with 4 fouls and taken out of the game. KML not getting the ball against this Russia Zone.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
85-67 with 1:35 to play. Huge rebounds and 3-pointer by Kaleena.

Shoni sighting. Not looking good.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
75-59. No TOs and make baskets = gold.
Take no prisoners!
HomerTroy2.jpg

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
We just saw why Shoni has not played! KML just hit a 3 she is wide open and Shoni trie s to make fancy forced pass inside.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Great Team Defense by Team USA won this game. They were able to limit the scoring by the Russian post players. Russia didn't miss close in but had a difficult time getting the ball into their post players. USA Shot the ball well. I"d give Bria MVP for this game at least.

USA Wins 90-71 Much bigger margin then what was expected. Since USA loss to this Russia team in an exhibition game, many thought Russia would win game because of their superior size and play in this tournament.

Reaction Score
Thanks, posters. I really, really wanted to watch the game, but ESPN has me locked out. Your comments are almost as good as seeing it.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Great job by Sherri, Coquese and Brian.
Great team win with great contributions from many.
I'll give a special (Homer) shoutout to Bria Hartley and Kaleena-Mosqueda Lewis who were simply outstanding.

Reaction Score
Our girls add to their impressive gold medal collection and this one is real good (winning against the home team which is much taller and older) :)

HGN

Reaction Score
We just saw why Shoni has not played! KML just hit a 3 she is wide open and Shoni trie s to make fancy forced pass inside.
Could Shoni still be a little angry with UConn about the results of NC game ?

Reaction Score
I have some very bad news..............actually it is for everybody except UCONN fans. KML and Bria Hartley looked real smooth. KML was everywhere. Contesting shots, ripping rebounds, shooting well, passing well and playing like a woman possessed. Bria looked better than her soph year. Moving well with the ball and shooting nice. Both playing great defense. I am looking forward to November.

HGN

Reaction Score
USA WINS, USA WINS!!!!!!!!!! I wasn't worried for one moment.:rolleyes:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Odyssey Sims win MOP of the tournament. She had a great tournament.

HGN

Reaction Score
No one should argue with Odyssey being selected MOP........It could have gone to any one of 3 possibles. But Odyssey was CONSISTENT throughout.

No argument here on her selection.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
No one should argue with Odyssey being selected MOP........It could have gone to any one of 3 possibles. But Odyssey was CONSISTENT throughout.

No argument here on her selection.

Yep. So-so game today but Odyssey was great in the Qtrs and Semis.

Proud of the entire team and coaching staff. Many questioned the roster but they played with incredible poise and confidence today. Sherri had them prepared.

Special kudos to the UConn kids who showed their championship pedigree when the championship was on the line. Big Game and Big Shot Bria is back and from all accounts no ankle issues. KML showed tremendous maturity and toughness by her willingness to do the dirty work inside and make shots from the outside. Brenda VanLengen mentioned that Sherri talked about Kaleena's leadership and how much her teammates respect and admire her.

Reaction Score
Can anyone tell me (who watched until the end of the ceremony) what song they played during the flag hoisting ceremony? Definitely not the USA national anthem. Was this a gaff of major proportions? The announcers said nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom