Remember that amped up UConn fan from Maui? | The Boneyard

Remember that amped up UConn fan from Maui?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Nice - one mystery solved.

Now, who was MakersMuppet who posted that inspiring BET thread ?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I still think MakersMuppet just had to be Fishy, though I've seen him deny it.

Still such an epic post in Boneyard lore.

Reaction Score
There was one fan in particular that really stood out last night. HUGE UPS to the kid standing right behind the basket basically single-handedly leading the entire student section wearing the white uconn jersey (number escapes me) and the white headband. He was dubbed headband kid but is worthy of more praise than such a title.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Skinner is the man. He willed the practice facility to get fast tracked after collecting dust under hathaways watch.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
what does he do?
He's a baller...lives in Cali... friends with Matthew Lillard (the guy from scream, etc) and he's a UConn Foundation board of directors member and (I believe) chaired the UConn practice facility project.

From linkedin:
Rob is a Co-Founder and Partner of Luminous Capital. He also serves as a member of the Investment Committee Team. Rob assists in the investment research and portfolio construction, building portfolios to implement investment strategies across all asset classes, including equity, fixed income, alternative investments (both hedged vehicles and private equity) and real assets.

Robert has worked in the wealth advisory and wealth management industry advising wealthy families and institutional investors for the past 16 years, beginning his career at Fidelity Investments and transitioning to Merrill Lynch in 2000. He was named a "Top Advisor" by Reuters AdvicePoint in 2008. Robert currently serves on the Board of Directors for the University of Connecticut's Endowment, he also sits on the Investment Committee for the foundation focusing on Asset Allocation, Fixed Income and Equity Management, Hedge Funds, Private Equity and Inflation Strategies.

He is an active volunteer and supporter of the South Central Scholars Fund, a foundation providing funding and support for inner city college-bound youth.

B.A., Political Science, University of Connecticut, 1993

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Who's his friend on the right of the photo? He's also sporting a ring...

Reaction Score
Are you telling me that the amped up dude at Maui, the dude who bought out Ted's last night, and MakersMuppet are the same guy?

Is this him too?
ZMiW4mp.png

Because if it is, this guy is a legend.

Reaction Score
Are you telling me that the amped up dude at Maui, the dude who bought out Ted's last night, and MakersMuppet are the same guy?

Is this him too?
ZMiW4mp.png

Im right behind that guy with a couple dope videos

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score

Is this him too?
ZMiW4mp.png

I think it's actually the guy in the blue shirt that your circled over, not the one you circled. But yes, he's at most of the big games.

There are some spectacular faces in that crowd though, particularly the black guy holding the child on the far right.

Reaction Score
I think it's actually the guy in the blue shirt that your circled over, not the one you circled. But yes, he's at most of the big games.

There are some spectacular faces in that crowd though, particularly the black guy holding the child on the far right.
The best face is McGhee's. It's like, "Oh , I up."

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Man, I had an idea as to MM's real identity on the old Scout board but he went and changed his name. He never posted on the BB board anyway; he's a football guy.

It's better left as a mystery, anyway.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Although he asked not to have his name given up - he and his friends were a huge part of us making our 25k commitment to the heart pumping life saving device of awesomeness we donated for JC's retirement last year.

Reaction Score

That's Skinner's friend. Had the pleasure of spending time with the two of them at dinner after the Arizona game in Anaheim in 2011. Both good dudes and GIGANTIC fans of UConn basketball.

Reaction Score
Although he asked not to have his name given up - he and his friends were a huge part of us making our 25k commitment to the heart pumping life saving device of awesomeness we donated for JC's retirement last year.

While it's much appreciated he participated with us, why bring his name up? I'm just curious - all good either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom