Remember one thing tonite | The Boneyard

Remember one thing tonite

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I sense from some of the posts that some UConn fans have butter flys. Thats understandable. However remember this. If UConn plays their A game or even close to it they win by over 25. If they dont they win by double digits not matter how good SC plays. The question is what does SC have to do to stay in the game because thats what it will come down to and thats what it comes down to in every game. UConn is that good. UConn will not lose this game barring injuries or alot of foul trouble and I dont see that. With the 2 best defenders in the game SC guards will find it hard to do anything and being dependent on Wilson well a one women show is not going to cut it against UConn. UConn will win because they have everything going for them and they are alot and I mean alot better then they were in February.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
In big games defense has carried the Huskies all season. It’ll be no different tonight. I would also point out that SC has looked like anything but the defending national champion in 3 less than impressive wins in the tournament.

Reaction Score
SC has improved and beat MSST for the SEC championship. I see a much tougher, closer game. But UConn will prevail. We only won the Duke game by 13 points. Our defense won that game not our offense. 4-8 FT and lot of missing FGs.

The best part about a cold shooting game, is that it is usually followed by a hot shooting game.

Reaction Score
Should be a 20++ win...BUT..BUT...guarding the big gal will be the task of the evening....if they play cool and keep the ball away...no problem...if they try and guard tight...FOUL PROBLEMS could be very paramount...Ms Stevens will have a banner night!!!

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
While living in SC during the men’s team run of NCs and 25 years of women’s domination Ihad to suffer through too many parochial monologues about the perceived dominance of the ACC and with The arrival of Dawn and A’ja the Gamecocks. I know it’s wrong but for me anytime we play ACC or SC, I want nothing less than total domination victory and a shutdown of the fictional player of the year.

Reaction Score
I sense from some of the posts that some UConn fans have butter flys. Thats understandable. However remember this. If UConn plays their A game or even close to it they win by over 25. If they dont they win by double digits not matter how good SC plays. The question is what does SC have to do to stay in the game because thats what it will come down to and thats what it comes down to in every game. UConn is that good. UConn will not lose this game barring injuries or alot of foul trouble and I dont see that. With the 2 best defenders in the game SC guards will find it hard to do anything and being dependent on Wilson well a one women show is not going to cut it against UConn. UConn will win because they have everything going for them and they are alot and I mean alot better then they were in February.
Thanks for the perspective, Tonyc. I had been trying to figure out what it is that I've been feeling, and "butterflies" pretty much nails it.
Butterflies-Stomach.jpg

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Neither team looked great on Saturday, but with UConn it was missing shots and free throws, plus Crystal being way off, with Carolina it felt listless, bit of a funk. Carolina might crank up the intensity because it is UConn, but hard to turn it on and off. Easier to bounce back from bad shooting, especially if Carolina plays defense with the (lack of) intensity they showed against Buffalo.

Any apprehension I have is with the foul situation and how the game is called. We need Gabby and Napheesa out there. Also, Lou needs to stop letting her face get in the way of heads, elbows, etc. and look more aggressively for her offense. The shots should be there for her for the taking.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm always nervous; but not worried. There's a difference.
All they have to do is win by one single point. That's all that matters. Would I love a blow by UCONN? You bet. Do I think that will happen? Not really.

Reaction Score
It’s not surprising that South Carolina appears to be favoring feeding the post...but the quotes in the press indicate this will be the emphasis even more this time around with their line-up ending inserting even more height than in past meetings. I’m looking to the usual stanch defense championed by Gabby and “Z” when she comes-in with the guards working on warding-off passes to the inside.
I also truly believe the offense will show -up, to a far greater extent. than what was shown against Duke. Go Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
Of course the three officials on the court can have an impact on the game, and I'm looking for the likes of Dee Kantner, Denise Brooks, and Joey Vaszily to be in town. Often there's one we are not familiar with, but hopefully Tom Danaher is not in the group. He's done a bunch of UCONN games recently, and did the South Carolina game on Saturday. Wilson got away with too many elbows that game, and could not believe they did not go to the monitor to review one of them in the 2nd half. It could be a delicate balance, we don't want it to be called too tight either.

Reaction Score

You're the Lucky Buddha whose stomach we rub before each game, Tony:

As for the game itself, one player is not going to win it for SC, especially one who shoots 2's. We've seen that UConn is capable of going stone cold in the Duke game, but the odds of that happening to such a talented collection of offensive weapons again are small. Let's hope for a super game from Danger.
And don't embarrass yourself, Tony, by gathering up all those dollars! Luck is not to be tampered with . . .

Reaction Score
I may have to go into full mojo mode tonight! The better half is already warning me she might have to leave the room if she feels anything less than a 20 point spread.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The best part about a cold shooting game, is that it is usually followed by a hot shooting game.

You are so correct!!! Rarely is a player's shot or shooting touch "off" two games in a row. It's called biorhythms. That's why some days you get out of bed and feel great the moment your feet hit the floor. You're full of energy all day. Other days, you're tired all day no matter how much sleep you got the night before, and you didn't do anything different (got the same amount of sleep) over that 2 day period. We know Gabby will show up BIG tonight, she always does. I expect the Collier, Lou and Kia to show up BIG also. Crystal, I don't know about. I believe she hurting from her shinsplints, and is trying to gut it out. She's a gamer, and will go as hard as she can, for as long as she can. We'll see.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom