Remaining recruiting targets | The Boneyard

Remaining recruiting targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Chris Obepka
Anthony Bennett
Ricardo Gathers

Is there anyone else UConn is known to be recruiting? Who do people prefer? Is UConn still looking to add 2 players?

My top choice is Obepka because of his length and athleticism. I think he is the type of prospect JC has done very well developing in the past. I think the other two are tweeners at 6'6, maybe 6'7, and playing more like PFs than SFs. Assuming UConn loses 2 to the NBA and gets 2 scholarships back, they would be able to take a third in addition to Calhoun and Obepka. I would prefer Bennett.

Reaction Score
Isn't Bennett a beast and highly skilled? He's one I want.

Reaction Score
Amille Jefferson is also a target. Obepka is a nice
player but I think it's crazy to prefer him over Benett even if hes a one and done,

And for scholarships next year don't forget Michael Bradley. He deserves to get his back.

Reaction Score
No way are we out with Nerlens, he is a priority but as of now he's 2013, wouldn't surprise me if he switches to '12.

Reaction Score
Bennett without a doubt... Unless Noel reclassified... Those two are head and shoulders (and hi-top fade) above the rest

Reaction Score
Amille Jefferson is also a target. Obepka is a nice
player but I think it's crazy to prefer him over Benett even if hes a one and done,

And for scholarships next year don't forget Michael Bradley. He deserves to get his back.

I was assuming Bradley would get his back. + 2 for academics (I don't know if this will happen), + 2 for players leaving early (don't know if this will happen, but two guys are projected top 10 picks) = total of +4 scholarships. 1 for Bradley, 1 for Calhoun, and then 2 left.

Reaction Score
Isn't Bennett a beast and highly skilled? He's one I want.

I've watched a little bit of his film. He certainly seems like a very good player, but I didn't think he was highly skilled. I didn't think he was close to being skilled enough to play the 3. And I'm assuming he is probably 6'6. I think Obekpa will be the better defensive player and rebounder, and Bennett the better scorer. I would certainly take both, but I prefer Obekpa because I think I will enjoy watching his development more and because I prefer rebounding and shot blocking to scoring.

I think many good teams these days make length a priority (UNC, UK, UConn), and I think Obekpa fits in better with that model.

Reaction Score
Bennett is 1st, but the old st. Johns recruit can play

Reaction Score
I've watched a little bit of his film. He certainly seems like a very good player, but I didn't think he was highly skilled. I didn't think he was close to being skilled enough to play the 3. And I'm assuming he is probably 6'6. I think Obekpa will be the better defensive player and rebounder, and Bennett the better scorer. I would certainly take both, but I prefer Obekpa because I think I will enjoy watching his development more and because I prefer rebounding and shot blocking to scoring.

I think many good teams these days make length a priority (UNC, UK, UConn), and I think Obekpa fits in better with that model.

This kid is in the mold of Jeff Adrien, shorter than most 4's but an absolute beast. Bennett is more explosive than Jeff though.

Reaction Score
Most people are pretty convinced that Bennett is a whole lot more than Jeff Adrien...

Reaction Score
Most people are pretty convinced that Bennett is a whole lot more than Jeff Adrien...

Agree. Bennett is a really good athlete and can put the ball on the floor. But Jeff and Bennett are similar body wise, basically the same height/weight. Bennett actually looks bigger than Jeff was as a freshman.

Reaction Score

I can only go by films I've seen but the kid is a player and even if only 6'6" or there abouts he's an athletic space eater, something we have missed over the years. A Blair-type player would be more than welcome and can be my PF anytime, and he can step out and shoot it with range. Mr. Bennett would be a wonderful addition to future plans no doubt.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, as Bob Cousy use to say - some guys can play others can't - Bennett is in the "Can" select group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom