Rellah Boothe to Texas | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Rellah Boothe to Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I have to say, I watched all of the player videos available on Prospect Nation and Boothe was by far the most impressive. Her attitude may not be what a coach wants at this point, but the talent level is tremendous.
No doubt she is a versatile 5 star talent. By her own admission her attitude might not be 2 stars.
"Before she worries about the next level, Boothe said she wants to work on her attitude and on having positive body language."
http://www.espn.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/12378990/star
There is also a theme among the professional talent evaluators like Olsen-"inconsistent effort". Of her USA basketball one evaluator said: "At times Boothe was the best player in the gym, at other times she was invisible" . Texas has plenty of talent, inconsistent effort there and she will not play.

Reaction Score
I have to say, I watched all of the player videos available on Prospect Nation and Boothe was by far the most impressive. Her attitude may not be what a coach wants at this point, but the talent level is tremendous.
I watched several 2017 class players too.
Megan is more flexible and better overall ball handling than Boothe .. Boothe is more aggressive type.
If Boothe can speak less and be humble she will be a star someday.

2017 Players | Prospects Nation

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
No doubt she is a versatile 5 star talent. By her own admission her attitude might not be 2 stars.
"Before she worries about the next level, Boothe said she wants to work on her attitude and on having positive body language."
Versatile Rellah Boothe's Real Position On The Court: Star
There is also a theme among the professional talent evaluators like Olsen-"inconsistent effort". Of her USA basketball one evaluator said: "At times Boothe was the best player in the gym, at other times she was invisible" . Texas has plenty of talent, inconsistent effort there and she will not play.
Walking into a gym where there is so much talent can work a bunch of ways. The key will be not only an attitude adjustment but how she responds to adversity and negative criticism. I've seen players like her in both M and WBB sulk for years and respond by retreating into a shell and under performing. Then of course later transferring. On the flip I've seen big ego's humbled and later take up the challenge to become big time players.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

Maybe she has a badassitude? :rolleyes:

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
?...what bothered me a bit was that she was playing games pitting one school against another on social media....and her comments about marketing her "brand" was a bit premature as far as I'm concerned....

If one listened to her interviews at all, it was pretty clear that it was a difficult and close decision. She said as much. She wasn't "playing" anybody. Her tweets, etc. were not specific because she had little that was specific to offer for a long time. As to the "brand" remark, it's what young people have come to substitute for "public image." It's borrowed from reality TV (yuck) and has found its way into the youth vocabulary. It's no big deal. Her most telling comment was that she at first found it somewhat surprising that she was considered the top recruit, but once that set in, she wanted to work hard to be deserving of it. For someone her age, she handled everything quite well.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
If one listened to her interviews at all, it was pretty clear that it was a difficult and close decision. She said as much. She wasn't "playing" anybody. Her tweets, etc. were not specific because she had little that was specific to offer for a long time. As to the "brand" remark, it's what young people have come to substitute for "public image." It's borrowed from reality TV (yuck) and has found its way into the youth vocabulary. It's no big deal. Her most telling comment was that she at first found it somewhat surprising that she was considered the top recruit, but once that set in, she wanted to work hard to be deserving of it. For someone her age, she handled everything quite well.
Pretty well. Not badly at all really. I was one of the few that stayed out of the fray. I was one of the few that said if she signs, fireworks and unicorns. If not, Geno will still win championships and she'll be just another talented young lady who have historically had their noses "pressed up against the window pane" ("I Who Have Nothing"). Since she seemed such a fine young lady I also said I'd root for her to have an AA career. I thought she'd go to Texas. I was almost right. Now that rooting will be first hand. Roses and Rainbow's.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Well, at least she recognizes that she needs to improve. An attitude can be changed with strong coaching and Aston seems to run a pretty tight ship. Kim Mulkey and Odyssey Sims were at times at odds and Kim had to put her on the bench, which seems to do wonders for a player's attitude.

Reaction Score
Well, at least she recognizes that she needs to improve. An attitude can be changed with strong coaching and Aston seems to run a pretty tight ship. Kim Mulkey and Odyssey Sims were at times at odds and Kim had to put her on the bench, which seems to do wonders for a player's attitude.

I think the "attitude thing" answers any questions folks have had about why UConn wasn't after her or vice versa............if she spoke like that in Storrs there wouldn't be a bench long enough for her to sit on the end of...............

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She did not say she "wanted" to average 45 Points. She said that she would- I don't have to know her very well to tell her that is WRONG! She also guaranteed a Championship for Texas.

"I'm going to show you," Boothe said. "I'm going to average 45 points a game this season."

"It may take a year or two to win a national championship. But I guarantee you that before I graduate, I will win championships with an 'S' at the end."

No. 3 recruit Boothe commits to Longhorns
Sounds like Courtney Paris with her championship guarantee.

Reaction Score
As a Texas fan, I am disappointed we didn't get Megan Walker, but I am happy we got Rellah Boothe.

As a guest on this forum, I always try to be respectful of others. But, I have to say, it's been very disappointing to read all the negative comments made towards 17-18 year olds just because they handle things differently than some of the adults on here believe they should.

For the past couple of months, so many posters on here ridiculed and insulted Megan Walker because she chose to wait until the signing period began to announce her school of choice. More insults when it was made known that she would be interviewed about her commitment on ESPNU. I guess there wouldn't have been an individual interview on ESPNU if she had announced her verbal commitment earlier in the process. Because of that, many UConn fans on here proclaimed she wasn't the right fit for UConn, and was selfish and wanted attention, and so on and so forth, and didn't want her at UConn. But, once she announced for UConn, the tune changed 180 degrees.

I watched Megan's interview on ESPNU, and you know what she said when asked about being the #1 ranked player in the country? "I just want to continue on my journey being #1 ." She could have easily said that the ranking didn't mean anything to her, but it obviously does. And, it's okay that she's proud and feels blessed to be ranked #1 (by a couple of the recruiting services), because it is an honor that only a few players get to enjoy. She obviously wanted that interview on ESPNU. But, when Rellah Boothe states that she feels she is being underestimated and is under-ranked, she is selfish and has an attitude? Give me a break. Maybe I missed it, but I don't believe anyone even knows the question(s) she was asked which prompted those answers. I don't see anything wrong with what she said (as a 17-18 year old); if that is something she can use as motivation, more power to her. Nothing wrong with these players wanting to be regarded as the best, and willing to work hard to prove they are the best.
You noticed that to LOL. Now that Walker is a Husky funny how their views change. Good thing she didnt read posts on the Boneyard. Saw the same thing when N.D. beat them 3 times in one season. They hung their team out to dry. But when they beat N.D.in the tournament and won it all the same people celebrated like it never happened. Birds of fair weather flock together.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
upload_2016-11-13_3-1-38.jpeg

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
You noticed that to LOL. Now that Walker is a Husky funny how their views change. Good thing she didnt read posts on the Boneyard. Saw the same thing when N.D. beat them 3 times in one season. They hung their team out to dry. But when they beat N.D.in the tournament and won it all the same people celebrated like it never happened. Birds of fair weather flock together.

The fair weather experienced only occasionally and briefly in South Bend has been repeatedly overcome by a persistent and powerful storm from New England. That colossal force has often decimated the tiny McGraw colony, some of whose survivors are now mere squeaky little voices of despair.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

I know it has been a since ND beat UCONN but the UCONN fans have never and will never leave there team out to dry. UCONN fans were among the first to offer congrats to ND. See this thread directly below.

Congrats to ND

Reaction Score
I know it has been a since ND beat UCONN but the UCONN fans have never and will never leave there team out to dry. UCONN fans were among the first to offer congrats to ND. See this thread directly below.

Congrats to ND
No one said they didn't give congrats to N.D. but many of them were really upset at that U Conn team because they were not use to losing like that. Especially to the same team 4 times. With the exception of Faris every girl on that team was being questioned about their play including Stewie . Hartley just like many viewed Hayes was considered a under achiever and Doty was thrown under the bus. People were saying they hoped Geno never played her again. Dolson was getting the business as well.Some were saying it was the worst team they could remember. Now i will say these were the ND vs U Conn ESPN boards which is a whole different bird then the yard but it was being said.I was pretty surprised myself. I actually felt sorry for them. That was probably my favorite U Conn team because playing them so many times i got to know them pretty well. When they beat us it didn't hurt as bad as all the other times. Im not making this up. Im not that type of person. By the way i read the posts you claim N.D. was given congrats on. Of the 8 to 10 posts i read about 5 of them said they hated N.D. Strange way you guys have of giving someone a pat on the back lol.

Reaction Score
The fair weather experienced only occasionally and briefly in South Bend has been repeatedly overcome by a persistent and powerful storm from New England. That colossal force has often decimated the tiny McGraw colony, some of whose survivors are now mere squeaky little voices of despair.
Translated that means the few times you lose they flip their lid.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Translated that means the few times you lose they flip their lid.

You need more help. I believe you meant to say, "The few times they (UConn) lose you (Boneyarders) flip your lids."

I can't say that we do (flip our lids). It has been a while.;)

Reaction Score
No one said they didn't give congrats to N.D. but many of them were really upset at that U Conn team because they were not use to losing like that. Especially to the same team 4 times. With the exception of Faris every girl on that team was being questioned about their play including Stewie . Hartley just like many viewed Hayes was considered a under achiever and Doty was thrown under the bus. People were saying they hoped Geno never played her again. Dolson was getting the business as well.Some were saying it was the worst team they could remember. Now i will say these were the ND vs U Conn ESPN boards which is a whole different bird then the yard but it was being said.I was pretty surprised myself. I actually felt sorry for them. That was probably my favorite U Conn team because playing them so many times i got to know them pretty well. When they beat us it didn't hurt as bad as all the other times. Im not making this up. Im not that type of person. By the way i read the posts you claim N.D. was given congrats on. Of the 8 to 10 posts i read about 5 of them said they hated N.D. Strange way you guys have of giving someone a pat on the back lol.
You obviously don't know that the ESPN boards in BB and FB are mainly a bunch of 17-25 year olds screaming at each other like a sports pub. Don't bother trying to compare it to this board which is composed of probably 90% adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom