Rellah Boothe to Texas | The Boneyard

Rellah Boothe to Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
wow............they are stacked..............going to give Baylor and everybody else a hard time.....

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Gotta hope this makes up for the sting of missing on Megan Walker. Still a ton of talent on the Horns, and not all of it is Texas/in-state talent.

Reaction Score
As soon as MW committed to UCONN I said that it would send Boothe to Texas and sure enough it did. I hope this girl is not as good as she thinks she is.

Holmes and Boothe are both about athletic as they come................they play much bigger then their size and are excellent offensive rebounders.................going to be fun to watch unless they are playing against your team

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Holmes and Boothe are both about athletic as they come......they play much bigger then their size and are excellent offensive rebounders.......going to be fun to watch unless they are playing against your team

For 2017 Texas has picked p the #1 forward and #1 point guard. For 2016 they picked up the #2 point guard and what many considered the #1 forward in Holmes. AND, they are still in the running for Collier and Smith in the 2018 class and have already landed the #3 post player for that class.

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Seems like a confidant young lady. Good for her and for the Longhorns. I would have guessed Ohio State!

That being that, I'm intrigued on how Aston will monitor playing time. She has had several great classes in a row.

They have to deal with Baylor on a regular basis. Should be some good fights in the Big12!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Still Wonder why the Florida Schools cannot keep Elite Florida HS Talent In-State.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She guaranteed championships.... these kids are bold! Gotta work on beating Baylor first though.
Stewie said she was trying for 4, but she had Geno.

Rellah is an outstanding player. Maybe she could use some humility.

We've seen many boasts before that didn't come to fruition. Time will tell.

In any case, Texas is loading up.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Stewie said she was trying for 4, but she had Geno.

Rellah is an outstanding player. Maybe she could use some humility.

We've seen many boasts before that didn't come to fruition. Time will tell.

In any case, Texas is loading up.
You could have ended your post right there. However, maybe she will bring some drama to the B12 and I love how Mulkey handles drama. Get your popcorn ladies and gents.... it's about to get real live in the state of Texas.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think the florida schools for all their resurrection of fortunes in WCBB remain dominated by football - they just do not have any traditions in the women's game. It makes what Dawn was able to do in SCar so impressive.

Reaction Score
Surprised no one noted this:

"I'm going to show you," Boothe said. "I'm going to average 45 points a game this season."

Looking forward to her being humbled next year.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think the florida schools for all their resurrection of fortunes in WCBB remain dominated by football - they just do not have any traditions in the women's game. It makes what Dawn was able to do in SCar so impressive.

Similar to NC in regards to top high school football players in the state. Most of the elite players leave to play in the SEC (mostly) or the Big 10.

Surprised no one noted this:

"I'm going to show you," Boothe said. "I'm going to average 45 points a game this season."

Looking forward to her being humbled next year.

:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Good luck with that... Alston have fun dealing with that attitude... She comes across to me more then confident.... She needs a reality check.... And to come up with a statement that she shouldn't be ranked 3... Seems to me all about me attitude... Winning championships isn't always about talent it's about coaching and team play... Egos don't mix well... Glad that's not our issue.... She may be good but read between the lines... This kids ego is going to be a issue and the all about me attitude doesn't work well... Good Luck Texas with that.....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
#3 ESPN/HG/Olsen
#6 ASGR

This girl is not lacking confidence.

"Me being No. 3 is very false. I feel very disrespected. I'm not bragging or boasting. I just have confidence."

"I guarantee you that before I graduate, I will win championships with an 'S' at the end."

No. 3 recruit Boothe commits to Longhorns
First, congrats to Texas. Second, regardless of how good she is, if that attitude is not reigned in, there will be many chemistry problems at Texas (just my $.02). Third, congrats to Texas for amassing a plethora of great players. I know the talent is being much more spread around. Will make for some very exciting basketball in the next 4-5 years. And the more that teams like UCONN, Baylor, SC, Texas, ND, etc pick up top players, the lower Tenn will be pushed down, which is lovely as I hope they never make another final four. Like EVER.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Texas, Baylor, Tennessee, Notre Dame and Louisville are really stockpiling for the next several seasons. Take a quick look at some of the projected players and their recruiting ranking on each program:

Texas:
Holmes (#2) 2016
Boothe (#3) 2017
Patterson (#4) 2017
Sutton (#6) 2016
Atkins (#3) 2014
Higgs (#7) 2015
White (#7) 2014 (eligible for 2015 class)
Prince (#9) 2018
7 top 10 kids that will be together in All of those players sans Prince will be together for a year in 2017-18, and all return besides Atkins for another year in 2018-19. The Holmes/Boothe/Patterson combo for 3 years will be outstanding. Talent wise, they are as good as anybody right now and should make a Final Four in the next couple of seasons.

Baylor:
Cox (#1) 2016
Mompremier (#20) 2015
Brown (#10) 2015
Chou (#8) 2016
Ladrum (#18) 2016
Richards (#16) 2017
Morris (#18) 2017

If the 2017 PGs can hit the ground running, Baylor will be great. The trio of Cox/Mompremier/Brown for 3 years is going to be dominant.

Tennessee:
Russell (#1) 2013 (eligible for 2014 class)
Deshields (#3) 2013 (eligible for 2014 class)
Nared (#6) 2014
Cooper (#12) 2015
Westbrook (#2) 2017
Hayes (#9) 2017
Kushkituah (#55 by HG, ranked top 10-15 by other services) 2017

On paper they look great with Westbrook/Deshields on the same team, but how good they'll be remains to be seen, and who knows if Diamond/Mercedes come back.

Louisville:
Hines-Allen (#34) 2014...very under ranked
Moore (#42) 2014....very under ranked
Johnson (#13) 2016
Shook (#17 2016
Evans (#7) 2017
Duvall (#22) 2017
Durr (#2) 2015

This team could be REALLY really good in 2018.

Notre Dame:
Turner (#2) 2014
Ogbunbowale (#10) 2015
Patberg (#13) 2015
Mabrey (#24) 2015...very under ranked
Boley (#5) 2016
Young (#11) 2016

They actually don't look as good on paper when you look at rankings, but Notre Dame should be a final four favorite for years to come. This year may be their best shot for a title though.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
As a Texas fan, I am disappointed we didn't get Megan Walker, but I am happy we got Rellah Boothe.

As a guest on this forum, I always try to be respectful of others. But, I have to say, it's been very disappointing to read all the negative comments made towards 17-18 year olds just because they handle things differently than some of the adults on here believe they should.

For the past couple of months, so many posters on here ridiculed and insulted Megan Walker because she chose to wait until the signing period began to announce her school of choice. More insults when it was made known that she would be interviewed about her commitment on ESPNU. I guess there wouldn't have been an individual interview on ESPNU if she had announced her verbal commitment earlier in the process. Because of that, many UConn fans on here proclaimed she wasn't the right fit for UConn, and was selfish and wanted attention, and so on and so forth, and didn't want her at UConn. But, once she announced for UConn, the tune changed 180 degrees.

I watched Megan's interview on ESPNU, and you know what she said when asked about being the #1 ranked player in the country? "I just want to continue on my journey being #1 ." She could have easily said that the ranking didn't mean anything to her, but it obviously does. And, it's okay that she's proud and feels blessed to be ranked #1 (by a couple of the recruiting services), because it is an honor that only a few players get to enjoy. She obviously wanted that interview on ESPNU. But, when Rellah Boothe states that she feels she is being underestimated and is under-ranked, she is selfish and has an attitude? Give me a break. Maybe I missed it, but I don't believe anyone even knows the question(s) she was asked which prompted those answers. I don't see anything wrong with what she said (as a 17-18 year old); if that is something she can use as motivation, more power to her. Nothing wrong with these players wanting to be regarded as the best, and willing to work hard to prove they are the best.

Reaction Score
"Me being No. 3 is very false. I feel very disrespected. I'm not bragging or boasting. I just have confidence."

This is a girl no brain and no respect to other Texas players.
If she doesn't play 45 pts a game is she going to eat her sneakers?

I thought DD is too much. But compares to Boothe, DD is a lady.

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
southie - I think there may be a little carry-over from a few years ago when a few southern commentators were accusing USA basketball of being biased against Florida players when Boothe was not selected to one of the USA teams. And about the same time there was some 'rumor' reported about some attitude issues (I do not remember the source but it was a little more than a fan board post, but less than say ESPN.) With that background, some one talking about personal accomplishments (as opposed to team accomplishments) to prove the rankings wrong plays into the history I think.
But I do agree about the whining that went on here about Megan - just seemed way out of line to me, but there is a strand of thought on this board that every Uconn kid is a shrinking violet except on the basketball court - as if you can excel at anything without a pretty solid ego and a bloody minded intensity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom