Relax on Azzi | The Boneyard

Relax on Azzi

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Hey Azzi has been at alot of UCONN games just like Boston was however Azzi is good friends with Paige I think that will be one of the plus's of her coming. Another plus is if she comes she will guarentee herself a NC. IF she doesnt well............. I like our chances alot

Reaction Score
Agree with MDoggie. We can fill up a ton of pages with will she/won't she to no earthly purpose....getting boring. Chill, if she chooses Storrs, great, if not we've got some great kids on the way.

Reaction Score
Has it been posted anywhere that Azzi is interested in any school as of yet?

Reaction Score
Is Azzi the only one in her class with an offer? If not, would they take two more?

Reaction Score
the commits are obvious, I am referring to from now on
At this point the only remaining scholarship in 2021 is for Fudd. If there are other offers out there, Geno will have to turn them away because he would be over the limit if/when Fudd commits. That's kind of what happens in this game of musical chairs: wait too long to commit, and there's not going to be a chair for you, at least not in Storrs. If Fudd doesn't commit, there will be one spot left on the table, but that's two very good and deep recruiting classes in a row. The team just lost six players (Crystal, Kyla, Molly, Megan, Batouly, and Evelyn), so Geno needed bodies, and lots of them, so he went out and got some very fine players to reload. I know there is always excitement about recruits and how good the bench might be, but hopefully this time it really does come true.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
At this point the only remaining scholarship in 2021 is for Fudd. If there are other offers out there, Geno will have to turn them away because he would be over the limit if/when Fudd commits.

Don`t they get 15? By my count they have 13 out now for 2021-2022 even assuming Westbrook comes back for 2021-2022 (along with everyone else). The UConn Blog article 4/2/2020 on Caroline also says that two more are available.

Having said that, I think that getting Azzi and holding at that point makes perfect sense. But not that it is likely, how do you say no to Iriafen?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
At this point the only remaining scholarship in 2021 is for Fudd. If there are other offers out there, Geno will have to turn them away because he would be over the limit if/when Fudd commits. That's kind of what happens in this game of musical chairs: wait too long to commit, and there's not going to be a chair for you, at least not in Storrs. If Fudd doesn't commit, there will be one spot left on the table, but that's two very good and deep recruiting classes in a row. The team just lost six players (Crystal, Kyla, Molly, Megan, Batouly, and Evelyn), so Geno needed bodies, and lots of them, so he went out and got some very fine players to reload. I know there is always excitement about recruits and how good the bench might be, but hopefully this time it really does come true.
I don't think so. There is no guarantee Azzi will come, and if Geno is smart (and I KNOW he is and has learned from the past), he will continue to recruit at least one more kid. He needs to recruit as if she's not coming, not recruit like she is. Turning other kids away makes zero sense.

I don't recall if UCONN has ever used all 15 scholarships they had available. I'd love to see him land at least 1 more top 10 kid. All you have to do is read the UCONN recruiting thread to see the kids the BY'ers are highest on.

If we end up with "too many" kids, then some may choose to leave. We've seen it before, and we will see it again.

Reaction Score
Don`t they get 15? By my count they have 13 out now for 2021-2022 even assuming Westbrook comes back for 2021-2022 (along with everyone else). The UConn Blog article 4/2/2020 on Caroline also says that two more are available.

Having said that, I think that getting Azzi and holding at that point makes perfect sense. But not that it is likely, how do you say no to Iriafen?
Yeah you're right, they do have two more spots, but using all 15 scholarships is a lot of kids. But, maybe Geno is leaving a buffer for an extended injury and the fact that transfers now are a fact of life, so you get a couple or few of those and you're back down to a more manageable number.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know who the other schools Azzi is considering to play for happen to be? I know pretty anyone and everyone is recruiting her - I just haven’t been able to find a list anywhere I have looked at.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know who the other schools Azzi is considering to play for happen to be? I know pretty anyone and everyone is recruiting her - I just haven’t been able to find a list anywhere I have looked at.

I'd say it's safe to say all the big schools.....who wouldn't want her...?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'd say it's safe to say all the big schools.....who wouldn't want her...?
The only top school/program I have never her her affiliated with ironically is the school of the player she was named after- Jennifer Azzi & Stanford.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Around the Fudd household, certainly from her dad and whenever her BFF calls, there is little mention of any school other than a particular university located in CT. It’s almost like Azzi is carefully weighing her college decision between 4 different schools: the Huskies, the University of Connecticut, UConn and the school where Geno Auriemma coaches...,, :cool:

Reaction Score
Around the Fudd household, certainly from her dad and whenever her BFF calls, there is little mention of any school other than a particular university located in CT. It’s almost like Azzi is carefully weighing her college decision between 4 different schools: the Huskies, the University of Connecticut, UConn and the school where Geno Auriemma coaches...,, :cool:

Doomed!

Reaction Score
What about finding a hybrid Kyla/Molly type....role player/team first player ranked maybe 50-60?

Reaction Score
What about finding a hybrid Kyla/Molly type....role player/team first player ranked maybe 50-60?

Better still, a role player/team first player ranked maybe ...... 1?

Just because someone is the best in their class doesn't mean they can't also be the top "chemistry" player too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom