Relax about Omar | The Boneyard

Relax about Omar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While I would love to see Giffey get more (consistent) minutes, the Omar bashers on this board are a different breed of stupid.

Reaction Score
He wasn't awful but certainly not good either. They were obviously a better team with Kromah and Giffey in the game. He needs to get his confidence back and I think he will but for now just shoot the ball, use a little mid range but don't try to do too much. Still doesn't seem to have a great handle and is not a good passer of the ball. Play D, shoot and he'll be okay.

Reaction Score
You guys are killing him over a decent game.

26 minutes, 7 points, 1-3 from behind the arc, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 blocks.

Yep, the 3 TOs were bad. But it was an okay all around game. He was NOT awful. Relax.
Please explain to a not-very-bright lurker (me) why its OK for you to bash Nolan, but not OK for someone to bash Omar??? Personally I see better days ahead for BOTH players, but what do I know????

Reaction Score
Omar isn't being bashed solely on his play. For some reason our team stinks when he's on the court and I'm pretty certain it's because he doesn't do any of the little things. Plays no d. Doesn't recount or pass rtc. Even sliding over on d or hustling back.

Twice this game he came out and we instantly went on an 8-0 run in about a min. It's not a coincidence. Our offense has no flow when he's in. This isn't bashing him personally. These things are true

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
He's not playing well. He needs to work on the fast break, no question.
But if he gets to where he was last year, and there's no reason to believe he won't, he's a very valuable player. He has more upside than guys he's competing against for minutes.
What has to stop is the "He's selfish" posts. Missing shots does not make you selfish. Poor decision-making doesn't make you selfish. It means you're not playing well.

Reaction Score
I like Omar - its just that Giffey right now is clearly the better player and needs to play more at Omar's expense. Giffey is lights out right now from the perimeter, is a better passer, defender, and rebounder and doesnt seem to ever turn the ball over

Reaction Score
Omar isn't being bashed solely on his play. For some reason our team stinks when he's on the court and I'm pretty certain it's because he doesn't do any of the little things. Plays no d. Doesn't recount or pass rtc. Even sliding over on d or hustling back.

Twice this game he came out and we instantly went on an 8-0 run in about a min. It's not a coincidence. Our offense has no flow when he's in. This isn't bashing him personally. These things are true

"our team stinks when he's on the court"???? Now this is getting out of hand. Our team can look pretty bad at times when it let's down its guard and let's not throw that solely at Omar. I also thought Boat had a bad vibe out there tonight and didn't hustle for a couple rebounds and was very careless with the ball..........but our team doesn't always "stink" when he's out there. He actually had a nice run when Bazz went out 1st half with foul trouble for us.........

Reaction Score
I like Omar - its just that Giffey right now is clearly the better player and needs to play more at Omar's expense. Giffey is lights out right now from the perimeter, is a better passer, defender, and rebounder and doesnt seem to ever turn the ball over

They really need to draw up more open looks for Giffey........that's my only hit on the staff - need to get him some shots!

Reaction Score
Omar is a scorer, plain and simple. No sense in whining about his ball handling or passing, those are not his strengths. I like Omar a lot, but he is really just a scorer. Honestly, I would rather see Giffey or Kromah start, but the team is 7-0 with Omar starting.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
There will always be someone. I would assume Boat, Omar, Nolan, and DeAndre will rotate through March - Bazz will probably get it when they eventually lose a game.
I'm waiting for Bash Giffey time. Then we'll know we're around the bend.

Reaction Score
You guys are killing him over a decent game.

26 minutes, 7 points, 1-3 from behind the arc, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 blocks.

Yep, the 3 TOs were bad. But it was an okay all around game. He was NOT awful. Relax.
Most bothersome to me is OC's absolute lack of defensive effort. He seems to stand around and watch the action going on around him.

Reaction Score
I'm waiting for Bash Giffey time. Then we'll know we're around the bend.
I don't think there's every been a bash Giffey thread. He's been the board's golden boy for four years. Sometimes he's deserved it (especially this year), sometimes he hasn't. But we're in bizarro world if there's out and out rebellion against him as there has been against DD, Boat, and Omar (and, in the past, Shabazz).

Reaction Score
tzznandrew said:
I don't think there's every been a bash Giffey thread. He's been the board's golden boy for four years. Sometimes he's deserved it (especially this year), sometimes he hasn't. But we're in bizarro world if there's out and out rebellion against him as there has been against DD, Boat, and Omar (and, in the past, Shabazz).

I think a lot of this is because he never has poor body language, always plays hard, and always plays with in himself. We also love ripping on guys for being over aggressive but not overly passive, which often plagued Giffey. Confidence was always his issue and the environment probably wasnt always conducive to his progress.

Reaction Score
tzznandrew said:

Referring to Bazz, everyone must remember the 10 plus page thread about how he was the worst point guard of the Calhoun era yet now we as a fan base get pissed when analysts think Marcus Smart is better.

Reaction Score
He wasn't awful but certainly not good either. They were obviously a better team with Kromah and Giffey in the game. He needs to get his confidence back and I think he will but for now just shoot the ball, use a little mid range but don't try to do too much. Still doesn't seem to have a great handle and is not a good passer of the ball. Play D, shoot and he'll be okay.

I would add rebound. Omar actually had a string of 5+ rebound games last year, so he is more than capable of helping a lot in that regard.

Reaction Score
Bashing is okay and somewhat entertaining to read, right after the game. Most people do it (if only TVs could talk) and no player/coach is immune.

Its the day after when its a problem.

Reaction Score
Omar is playing because if his upside. He tends to rush, but with experience he'll settle down. Sometimes, you just need to be patient and let a player develop. Not all of these kids had great coaching in their youth.

Reaction Score
Please explain to a not-very-bright lurker (me) why its OK for you to bash Nolan, but not OK for someone to bash Omar??? Personally I see better days ahead for BOTH players, but what do I know????

Because I was very specific about Nolan. His inability to finish inside of three feet. I didn't say Nolan was no good or awful or hurl any insults at him. I commented on a specific performance issue and kept it to that issue.

On Omar, I thought the reactions to his game were over the top. And some were more personal than performance based. So I provided some facts, his stat line, to support that folks were indeed over the top.

To me, the difference between the two is major and obvious. And I'm Omar's mother.

Reaction Score
I trust that KO will dole out the minutes to those that earned them in practice and adjust in the game accordingly. I trust he'll make the right call as to the players psyche and ego and what is best for the team. I also think that Omar will have some lights out games that will shut the naysayers up. Have a great turkey day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom